Player Watch Harry Perryman

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm just basing that on reports that are out there

Allegedly we've promised him more midfield time as GWS had pigeon holed him into half back flank

I don't think that necessarily means there's no chance of him being used as a utility.

In the end it's a pointless argument based on nothing more than a comparison opinion. He'll play wherever he plays. We have a bunch of 30 plus year olds which we need to start looking to replace. Right now, I view him as taking over in that role when it all shakes out.

If that isn't the case, it really doesn't matter
He probably will get used as a utility. Most AFL mids can and do roll through the positions Perryman plays it's usually only the very best who only play midfield - with a few - not many - who are awesome around stoppage but not much good on the outside. Most of them play as utilities both within seasons and throughout their career.

Perryman had some CBA attendances throughout 2022.

Rd 10 - 51%, 30 disposals, 4 marks, 6 tackles and a goal. 16 CP’s, 10 score involvements, 1 goal assist, 7 clearances
Rd 11 - 77%, 22 disposals, 10 CP’s, 6 tackles
Rd 20 - 46%, 22 disposals, 12 CP’s, 4 clearances
Rd 21 - 89%, 23 disposals, 12 CP’s, 6 clearances and a goal
Rd 22 - 90%, 23 disposals, 14 tackles
Rd 23 - 92%, 24 disposals, 12 CP’s, 7 intercept possessions, 5 clearances

Very exciting addition, could be a 23-25 possession, 12-14 CP player with an enormous amount of defensive + intercept ability. Love the pickup.

Pardon my ignorance, what is a CBA? I know it ain’t the Commonwealth Bank of Australia. I deal with so many abbreviations, initials and acronyms at work that I’m FIIK here. It’s gunna be so obvious I suppose that I can start my embarrassment now!
Is it Contested Ball Attendances?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went to get a feel of him as a player on the GWS team board but then remembered they don't have any fans. 😢

Plays nothing like WHE.

Which probably explains the “sounds like” part of my post

Indicating I don’t directly know a lot about Harry and am basing my opinion more on the limited knowledge I have on hand

Which is that he’s the same height as Will and can basically play wherever. Like Will

Perryman's best seasons below in context of B&F results .....2020 he almost won B&F, but both below results are very good given the names on the list.....looks to be a very good get, particularly given versatility and leadership etc...!

2020 Kevin Sheedy Medal Top 10:

=1 Lachie Whitfield (98 votes)
=1 Nick Haynes (98 votes)
3 Harry Perryman (96)
=4 Jacob Hopper (79)
=4 Josh Kelly (79)
6 Brent Daniels (69)
=7 Toby Greene (68)
=7 Matt de Boer (68)
9 Aidan Corr (66)
10 Stephen Coniglio (58)

2022 Kevin Sheedy Medal Top 10:

1. Sam Taylor - 156 votes
2. Stephen Coniglio - 108
3. Tom Green - 104
4. Harry Himmelberg - 99
5. Jesse Hogan - 93
6. Harry Perryman - 91
7. Toby Greene - 90
8. Josh Kelly - 89
9. Isaac Cumming - 86
10. Callan Ward - 79

Nicely done!

I keep singing

Let's pay the Perryman
Let get him in our side
Let's pay the Perryman
Then I get stuck for a last line! lol

I haven't stopped singing don't pay the ferryman in my head since all the talk of Perryman!

One time I was in Sydney my mate assured me you can fare evade on the ferries no worries. I hopped the turnstiles at Circular Quay and got to my destination in Balmain and for once there were inspectors there.

They asked me why I didnt have a ticket so I told them somebody told me you dont pay the ferryman until you get to the other side.

I got a laugh and a $200 fine.

Moral of the story, dont believe everything you hear in rock songs.

Pardon my ignorance, what is a CBA? I know it ain’t the Commonwealth Bank of Australia. I deal with so many abbreviations, initials and acronyms at work that I’m FIIK here. It’s gunna be so obvious I suppose that I can start my embarrassment now!
Is it Contested Ball Attendances?
Centre bounce attendances

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Harry Perryman

Remove this Banner Ad

Back