Hartlett vs Martin vs Ziebell vs Shuey

Which 1 of these players will be the best? Hartlett vs Martin vs Ziebell vs Shuey

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is how I see it:

Leg-speed: Shuey>Martin>Hartlett>Ziebell
Hardness at the ball: Ziebell>Martin>Shuey>Hartlett
Skills: Hartlett>Martin>Shuey>Ziebell
Core strength: Martin>Ziebell>Shuey>Hartlett
Endurance: Martin>Shuey>Ziebell=Hartlett

Each of these players have one great asset to them becoming a premium midfielder.Martin, however, is always second in each area he didn't win, and is just that type of player who you know will become a champion player. Overall IMO (I rate certain things higher than others):

Martin>Shuey>Hartlett>Ziebell

Dont worry mate im a "TROLL" because i dont think Ziebell is gonna be the next big thing in the AFL:rolleyes:

Even though my opinion on this poll is shared by most im the one in the wrong:rolleyes:

What, you don't rate Ziebell? I'm not sure you've posted in enough threads about it, not just regarding Ziebell but threads that aren't even relating to him! (including the 2013 brownlow thread and the thompson vs morris thread).

FFS not one single North supporter at the moment doesn't realise Ziebell needs to lift his game in 2013. Some are still confident he will be very good, but if he doesn't perform in 2013 expect that view to change. Stop just being a general dickhead and putting words into our supporter bases mouth.

This is how I see it:

Each of these players have one great asset to them becoming a premium midfielder.Martin, however, is always second in each area he didn't win, and is just that type of player who you know will become a champion player. Overall IMO (I rate certain things higher than others):

Shuey is harder at it than Martin imo.

This is how I see it:

And I'll say Hartlett has more leg speed then Martin..

Shuey is harder at it than Martin imo.
No way known is he harder than Martin. The only thing I thought Martin would be a 3rd in is skills, as he and Shuey are pretty close in that department, but harder than Martin? No way

And I'll say Hartlett has more leg speed then Martin..
tbh I haven't seen Hartlett play that much, but his leg speed was never a stand out to me, he always seemed like he was a quick thinker and had the skills to back that up, whereas Martin has that burst of acceleration that just sticks in my mind.

tbh I haven't seen Hartlett play that much, but his leg speed was never a stand out to me, he always seemed like he was a quick thinker and had the skills to back that up, whereas Martin has that burst of acceleration that just sticks in my mind.

I think Martin has that more powerful, explosive few steps while Hartlett is quicker overall.

Neither are slow either way though.

I think Martin has that more powerful, explosive few steps while Hartlett is quicker overall.

Neither are slow either way though.
I'm happy to go with that.

No way known is he harder than Martin. The only thing I thought Martin would be a 3rd in is skills, as he and Shuey are pretty close in that department, but harder than Martin? No way

Martin may look big and strong but Shuey attacks the ball in pack situations much harder than Martin.

Martin may look big and strong but Shuey attacks the ball in pack situations much harder than Martin.
One of Martin's biggest strengths is his attack on the ball. How often have you seen Martin play? Because I've seen them both play a lot and Martin is clearly ahead in terms of attacking the pill. Shuey attacks the ball hard, but Martin definitely attacks it harder

One of Martin's biggest strengths is his attack on the ball. How often have you seen Martin play? Because I've seen them both play a lot and Martin is clearly ahead in terms of attacking the pill. Shuey attacks the ball hard, but Martin definitely attacks it harder

I disagree. Martin will lay big bump or give a don't argue but as far as winning the actual footy Shuey has him covered.

I disagree. Martin will lay big bump or give a don't argue but as far as winning the actual footy Shuey has him covered.
we'll just have to agree to disagree then, because I've seen Martin and Shuey play a lot, and what you're saying doesn't ring true to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is how I see it:

You're underrating hartletts toughness. Very hard at the ball and quite hard to bring down. Has massive thighs

You're right about his speed though. Not that quick but not slow either

You're underrating hartletts toughness. Very hard at the ball and quite hard to bring down. Has massive thighs

You're right about his speed though. Not that quick but not slow either
It's not that it's bad, but the others are on a level above, you get what I mean? It's like saying Fletcher, Deledio and Suckling have better disposal than say, Enright. Enright has very good disposal, but the other three are on a level above.

It's not that it's bad, but the others are on a level above, you get what I mean? It's like saying Fletcher, Deledio and Suckling have better disposal than say, Enright. Enright has very good disposal, but the other three are on a level above.

Yeah fair. But it wouldn't be enough to rate him lower than say shuey.

On output shuey is ahead. But hartlett is the better footballer imo. But take that with a grain of salt because I'm probably quite biased

This is how I see it:

Not saying Shuey is the best overall, but interested that you have Hartlett and Martin ahead of Shuey in the skills category.

CD last season had him as one of the top 5 kicks in the league when taking into account efficiency and difficulty of kicks.

His long kicking is exceptional and he is almost perfectly dual sided. Speed is a strength, but his skills are probably his best attribute.

Not saying Shuey is the best overall, but interested that you have Hartlett and Martin ahead of Shuey in the skills category.

CD last season had him as one of the top 5 kicks in the league when taking into account efficiency and difficulty of kicks.

His long kicking is exceptional and he is almost perfectly dual sided. Speed is a strength, but his skills are probably his best attribute.
Hartlett is clearly the best kick of the lot. He'd be a top 5 kick at every club in the AFL, top 2 in most (Hawthorn the exception). His skills are sublime.

As I've said earlier, I think Martin and Shuey are very close in terms of kicking, but Martin can hit a target over 55 metres off both wings, I've seen it happen before. Though I do agree Shuey is a very good kick, as an opposition fan his speed always stands out to me

That's what I was going to say, Shuey is a very good kick, and with both feet. Must admit his goal accuracy did drop a little this year.
I've never really thought Shuey was as quick as everyone else thinks too.

That's what I was going to say, Shuey is a very good kick, and with both feet. Must admit his goal accuracy did drop a little this year.
I've never really thought Shuey was as quick as everyone else thinks too.
He is deceptively fast.

He cruises at a very high speed and his acceleration is top notch. This and his ability to get separation in traffic is why he is so damaging at stoppages.

Unfortunately as that Collingwood final illustrated, you need calm nerves and acute awareness if you are going to constantly roll the dice and try to take the game on. Thankfully it has been a rare occurrence throughout his career.

Pretty hard to split them for skill IMO, general around the ground kicking I would rate Shuey and Hartlett above Martin, that's something he really needs to improve his consistency on and I hope he has been working real hard on, but then if I was rating them on the ability to kick long to a target I would take Martin over those two.
Pretty hard to split the 3 of them, real shame HH has struggled with soft tissue injuries throughout his career to date.

Hartlett is clearly the best kick of the lot, he has a awesome leg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back