Society/Culture Has cancel culture gone too far?

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s not about what you’d much rather do. It’s what you do. Do you take your kids to be read to by drag queens? If so, why?
My daughter isn't old enough to pay attention long enough yet, but if an event takes place in the area I'd consider. It's a fun educational event where THEY ARE BEING READ A CHILDREN'S BOOK.

It’s not about what you’d much rather do. It’s what you do. Do you take your kids to be read to by drag queens? If so, why?

Do you realise the kids are more likely to be sexually assaulted by conservatives, as opposed to drag queens?

All the historical evidence shows this.

Boo'ing next..
I am not one that boos at the footy, I am normally too bewildered by a decision or incident to summon my lungs to that crap. It Sounds silly anyway.
But seriously, I don't like it, but I like the idea of cancelling it (though surely though won't actually do that) even less.

Boo'ing next..
I am not one that boos at the footy, I am normally too bewildered by a decision or incident to summon my lungs to that crap. It Sounds silly anyway.
But seriously, I don't like it, but I like the idea of cancelling it (though surely though won't actually do that) even less.
I like booing as well it's fun.

But I mean in context, I'm booing a guy going for goal against us.

I don't boo umpires, I boo the AFL commission for making it so hard

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like booing as well it's fun.

But I mean in context, I'm booing a guy going for goal against us.

I don't boo umpires, I boo the AFL commission for making it so hard
And thats thing. So you (not you Cap) have a stick up your bum about boo'ing. At who, or what. For what circumstance etc etc...
Its ridiculous.
Apparently Buddy was involved in a double team on Daicos early in the game on the weekend. Then he gets Boo'd. FAIR play, that's life, that's footy crowds, that's how shit goes. But you will not hear of that incident in the news Nooooooooooooo, they will ignore that and bring overtones of racism into it.
Various footy pundits did this too.
Its ****ing insane!

And thats thing. So you (not you Cap) have a stick up your bum about boo'ing. At who, or what. For what circumstance etc etc...
Its ridiculous.
Apparently Buddy was involved in a double team on Daicos early in the game on the weekend. Then he gets Boo'd. FAIR play, that's life, that's footy crowds, that's how s**t goes. But you will not hear of that incident in the news Nooooooooooooo, they will ignore that and bring overtones of racism into it.
Various footy pundits did this too.
Its ******* insane!
Yeah I think within a game it's a bit hard to determine the cause of booing.

You cause injury to a player or play unfairly (in our eyes) booing should be expected.
Can't believe they'd suggest racism.

Adam Goodes? I've always maintained people would have had reasons to boo him. However anyone who isn't racist should have stopped the moment he considered it racist or you realised you were enabling racism, which is exactly what was happening in the end.

Yeah I think within a game it's a bit hard to determine the cause of booing.

You cause injury to a player or play unfairly (in our eyes) booing should be expected.
Can't believe they'd suggest racism.

Adam Goodes? I've always maintained people would have had reasons to boo him. However anyone who isn't racist should have stopped the moment he considered it racist or you realised you were enabling racism, which is exactly what was happening in the end.
Yep I cant argue with any of that. The goodes one was most unfortunate. It that aussie BS thing of jumping on the band wagon mentality.

Maybe it's an urban myth but isn't the whole pink and blue thing an artificial construct dreamed up by a marketing company within the last century to increase segmentation?
I read somewhere that the concept was originally supposed to be "pink" is for boys and "blue" is for "girls", but it was switched around for some reason.

I think someone would have to be pretty insecure to see a colour as a threat to their gender identity.

That’s fair enough, it’s just dumb when you observe an argument between two people stating facts with no sources

We can go for pages about drag queen story time without any evidence, yet the moment conservatives are mentioned we need evidence.

Seems fair and balanced.

I read somewhere that the concept was originally supposed to be "pink" is for boys and "blue" is for "girls", but it was switched around for some reason.

I think someone would have to be pretty insecure to see a colour as a threat to their gender identity.
Until the synthetic dye revolution in the 19th century, no one wore brightly coloured clothing aside from the very rich. It’s why the guernseys of the early VFA teams used very basic, often dark colours: black, navy blue, red, white. That was your colour palette for clothing

Because they don’t believe middle aged men in dresses with the express purpose of subverting the gender binary should be reading to children.

Why do you, childless person, think it is imperative that they do?
Likewise, the conservative bleating about this would be easier to take seriously if they were as vocal in their opposition about things like child beauty pagents for example, which straight up sexualise young children. I think you'd be hard pressed to seriously argue at this stage that simple anti-LGBT sentiment isn't a big part of it.

In any case it seems like the freedom warriors should perhaps just practice what they preach, not take their kids to those events and ignore them. Reading some takes you'd think kids are being dragged screaming off the streets and forced to attend :drunk:

Likewise, the conservative bleating about this would be easier to take seriously if they were as vocal in their opposition about things like child beauty pagents for example, which straight up sexualise young children. I think you'd be hard pressed to seriously argue at this stage that simple anti-LGBT sentiment isn't a big part of it.

In any case it seems like the freedom warriors should perhaps just practice what they preach, not take their kids to those events and ignore them. Reading some takes you'd think kids are being dragged screaming off the streets and forced to attend :drunk:
I don’t think I’ve ever heard of a Jon Benet Ramsay style beauty pageant in Australia.

Remove this Banner Ad

Society/Culture Has cancel culture gone too far?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back