Society/Culture Has cancel culture gone too far?

Remove this Banner Ad

In respect to the Officeworks incident, I wonder how discourse from progressives would change if the customer service representative was a known white supremicist.

When is antisemitism acceptable? Apparently when the left says so.

Anyway, she wasn't cancelled. I can't imagine she would have been let off as lightly if she refused to laminate a picture of a gay couple.

Not sure if it was antisemitic. Did the alleged newspaper contain genocide propaganda, for example?

This indomitable spirit sounds a bit like virtue signalling. Do you agree?
It's irrelevant. If my job is to laminate virtue signalling nonsense, I'll laminate it.

If someone paid me to laminate a picture of the 2023 Collingwood premiership team, I'd do it.

Too many snowflakes on your side of the fence, ghosty.

Member of AJA films himself trying to get pro war article laminated until he finds someone who refuses

Claims its because he's Jewish not because he's a Zionist **** looking for this result

evolved2 sees an opportunity to attack support of Palestine and the left

Cucks for Zionist

Good job evolved

It's irrelevant. If my job is to laminate virtue signalling nonsense, I'll laminate it.

If someone paid me to laminate a picture of the 2023 Collingwood premiership team, I'd do it.

Too many snowflakes on your side of the fence, ghosty.

I'd suggest it's the guy with the camera that is the snowflake.

The Indomitable Snowman.

Member of AJA films himself trying to get pro war article laminated until he finds someone who refuses

Claims its because he's Jewish not because he's a Zionist **** looking for this result

evolved2 sees an opportunity to attack support of Palestine and the left

Cucks for Zionist

Good job evolved
What is so offensive in the article that it can't be laminated?

The Torah, bible, and Koran have a shitload of offensive passages in them, but I wouldn't refuse to photocopy or laminate those books just because of that.

Taking personal moral matters into your own hands in the workplace is particularly dumb. Follow company policy and the law or find another job elsewhere.

What is so offensive in the article that it can't be laminated?

The Torah, bible, and Koran have a shitload of offensive passages in them, but I wouldn't refuse to photocopy or laminate those books just because of that.

Taking personal moral matters into your own hands in the workplace is particularly dumb. Follow company policy or find another job.
I look forward to you opening a laminating business for racists

I look forward to you opening a laminating business for racists
Not everyone sees racism the way you do - I certainly don't. There's plenty of racist Palestinian supporters too, though I wonder if you can even acknowledge that.

Do you think Officeworks should survey everyone according to your personal checklist for racism before serving them? Should individual workers be able to refuse service to someone who holds beliefs they personally find immoral?

What's your practical solution here?

Not everyone sees racism the way you do - I certainly don't. There's plenty of racist Palestinian supporters too, though I wonder if you can even acknowledge that.

Do you think Officeworks should survey everyone according to your personal checklist for racism before serving them? Should individual workers be able to refuse service to someone who holds beliefs they personally find immoral?

What's your practical solution here?
You're still arguing in defence of a Zionist wanting to laminate pro genocide propaganda because it gives you an opportunity to attack muslims

My practical solution would be to ignore you from this point forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is the Jewish man who wanted his article laminated responsible for wholesale genocide? Are any people in the photographs shown responsible for genocide? Is there any reason to think the article glorifies genocide?

Israeli flag

That's enough

and yeah, the Star of David is different to the Israeli flag, even though it is in it

This person at officeworks forgot the moment you put on your work uniform you represent the company.

Your personal views on the world mean absolutely f**k all when you're on the clock.

They're not the first person find that out and won't be the last.

OK what if it was a white southern guy wanting a page with KKK graphics and "Kill all N****" on it?

Is it ok to expect a store worker to laminate it.
If it was brought to the attention of a store manager would they allow it?

I'd think under those circumstances, black or white the employee's could be pretty offended and not want their business associated with it.

So its Zionists and Palestinians instead. Same.

OK what if it was a white southern guy wanting a page with KKK graphics and "Kill all N****" on it?

I'd think under those circumstances, black or white the employee's could be pretty offended and not want their business associated with it.

In the end it depends on the company policy.
That's where it starts and ends for employees.

There would also be terms and conditions to use services as well.

Society has deemed that offensive and racist. It would be justifiable to refuse service to that type of person.
Agreed.
Whether the customer is a Zionist, racist, or KKK member - if they're wearing inoffensive clothing, carrying themselves in an inoffensive manner, and asking for an innocuous piece of material to be laminated, you don't have a leg to stand on in refusing service.

Society (and law) does not agree the Israeli flag is offensive, so those who think it is need to stop their morality from interfering with their job. A Christian who is opposed to gay marriage should not be able to refuse service to a gay couple for the exact same reason.

This person at officeworks forgot the moment you put on your work uniform you represent the company.
And the company gives its employees license not to accept print jobs featuring objectionable material.

Your personal views on the world mean absolutely f**k all when you're on the clock.

Maybe, but when the company explicitly says they do, then they do.

They're not the first person find that out and won't be the last.

What did they find out?

Society has deemed that offensive and racist. It would be justifiable to refuse service to that type of person.

Agreed.

Whether the customer is a Zionist, racist, or KKK member - if they're wearing inoffensive clothing, carrying themselves in an inoffensive manner, and asking for an innocuous piece of material to be laminated, you don't have a leg to stand on in refusing service.

Society (and law) does not agree the Israeli flag is offensive, so those who think it is need to stop their morality from interfering with their job. A Christian who is opposed to gay marriage should not be able to refuse service to a gay couple for the exact same reason.

Fair enough. They don't know what use the material was for, it could be used for a school class as an example of propaganda.
If an employee was particularly offended they could tell their boss and ask that someone else do it.
If they own the business they can refuse anyone they like.

Some people are more concerned with an officeworker cancelling a zionists laminated newspaper, than they are about zionists cancelling tens of thousands of Palestinian lives.
Yep sums it up
According to the lancet medical journal 180,000 Palestinians are dead in Gaza mostly children and right this minute the Israeli parliament are debating whether they should be able to rape Palestinians prisoners on administration orders or not? and this officeworks story is the news of the day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Society/Culture Has cancel culture gone too far?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back