Coach Has Ken Hinkley Been Found Out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking at Hinkley last night, he hardly said a word to players during the game. Just gave them a pat on the back and a well done. It's pretty obvious Carr is leading the match day coaching. Having had some dealings with him, when he coached North Adelaide in the SANFL, he is a tactical genius. My belief is Port will appoint him head coach for next year, and Kenny will stay in a new role. Mentor or head of player welfare, call it what you want.

Looking at Hinkley last night, he hardly said a word to players during the game. Just gave them a pat on the back and a well done. It's pretty obvious Carr is leading the match day coaching. Having had some dealings with him, when he coached North Adelaide in the SANFL, he is a tactical genius. My belief is Port will appoint him head coach for next year, and Kenny will stay in a new role. Mentor or head of player welfare, call it what you want.

I don’t reckon Hinkley will accept that though. It would mean admitting he isn’t the mastermind by this change in gameplan, gameday tactics etc.

Would love to keep both and have Hinkley in a lesser role but don’t see it happening as it’s such a bad look for him personally to admit he isn’t the guy.

Will likely go to another club as a head coach if that’s the case.

I don’t reckon Hinkley will accept that though. It would mean admitting he isn’t the mastermind by this change in gameplan, gameday tactics etc.

Would love to keep both and have Hinkley in a lesser role but don’t see it happening as it’s such a bad look for him personally to admit he isn’t the guy.

Will likely go to another club as a head coach if that’s the case.
He's looking more relaxed than I've ever seen him since he's been on the boundary. Like a man who is enjoying his last year as coach and looking forward to a relaxing retirement.

Ken's problem is the rest of you *******s cant uncover your own coaches so you take our assistants.
Ken took us to the 14 prelim, we lose Walshy.
Ken takes us to the 21 Prelim with a new group on the verge of success and we lose Voss.

Leave us the * alone and we might get there but thats not the objective i fear.
Ironic as Josh Carr walked out of freo to join Port, for the 2nd time in his career.

Port won’t finish top two, might even drop out of the 4 altogether with the run home. Won’t beat the cats down there, gws will be tough with their recent form, dockers away has been another bogey fixture for us in the last decade and the tigers are still fighting it out.

Port won’t finish top two, might even drop out of the 4 altogether with the run home. Won’t beat the cats down there, gws will be tough with their recent form, dockers away has been another bogey fixture for us in the last decade and the tigers are still fighting it out.

imagine rolling into the finals off a 13-0 winning streak into a 0-7 losing streak and re-signing ken lmao

Hinkley is a genius. Put all the focus on the doctor potentially not doing his job correctly for Aliir and somehow avoid all criticism of losing 3 in a row and being embarrassingly thumped by Carlton and Adelaide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is absurd they were on a 13 game winning streak and had lots of variables fall into place for them during that streak.

Hinkley is not the issue inbetween losses.

In 2014 we were 10-1 and then went 4-7 to finish the season.
In 2018 we were 11-4 and then went 1-6 to miss finals.

we've been here before. donuts is a loser whos best achievement is a flag in a C grade suburban league. he couldn't get a coaching job in the afl, failing at every interview until we threw him a lifeline because we were desperate.

the worst thing about it is that the club has become a cult of personality around ken stinkley, we are basically the KENNY FOOTBALL CLUB these days. it's disgusting.

In 2014 we were 10-1 and then went 4-7 to finish the season.
In 2018 we were 11-4 and then went 1-6 to miss finals.

we've been here before. donuts is a loser whos best achievement is a flag in a C grade suburban league. he couldn't get a coaching job in the afl, failing at every interview until we threw him a lifeline because we were desperate.

the worst thing about it is that the club has become a cult of personality around ken stinkley, we are basically the KENNY FOOTBALL CLUB these days. it's disgusting.
Port could be in a heavy training load at the moment.
It would make sense given they managed to get themselves in a position where they were two games ahead of 3rd spot.
Collingwood looked flat this week too and I don't think it's a coincidence.

With 2 players out they might have a chance, but Aliir will be hard to cover.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Fraud. Best thing to ever happen to the Adelaide Football Club

I have said it before and I will say it again....

I would love Hinkley at the dockers, If that means we win 5 finals in 9 seasons like your team between 2013-21.

I would definately take that, Especially with only 8 finals spots each year and 18, soon to be 20 teams in the league as well.

I would love Hinkley at the dockers, If that means we win 5 finals in 9 seasons like your team between 2013-21.

I would definately take that, Especially with only 8 finals spots each year and 18, soon to be 20 teams in the league as well.
I'll drive him across the Nullabor myself.

Just heard from a mate with ties to the PAFC admin that Port will be holding a 9.30am presser tomorrow morning. I expect it will be the announcement of Kenny's re-signing
Or they sacked him because he breached protocol and Carr is the new coach.....

Nice and clean out for the club.

No media frenzy of "you made finals but sacked Ken????"

No Carr being poached by Richmond. No point signing Ken if Carr isn't there.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

That's because you support a loser club with pissweak standards.

That's because you support a loser club with pissweak standards.

well thats true...

Also... you guys have been spoiled with your 1st decade of finals success from 1997-2006.

Dockers from 1995-2004 only had one elim final loss to look back on.

So 5 finals wins from 2013-21 is expected. But for me 5 finals wins in 30 years would be good considering freos success or lack there of.

For any NBA fan here, Ken is the Mike D'Antoni of AFL coaches.

Gets his team rolling in the regular season, but come the playoffs, his game plan falls apart and team's bow out in embarrassing fashion. Exactly what happened at the Phoenix Suns and Houston Rocksts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Has Ken Hinkley Been Found Out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back