Coach Has Ken Hinkley Been Found Out?

Remove this Banner Ad

For any NBA fan here, Ken is the Mike D'Antoni of AFL coaches.

Gets his team rolling in the regular season, but come the playoffs, his game plan falls apart and team's bow out in embarrassing fashion. Exactly what happened at the Phoenix Suns and Houston Rocksts.
Interesting comparison. I could say the same thing about Tom Tibedou as well.

Tibedou did well at Chicago when he had Derick Rose Jimmy Butler and Joakim Noah.

Wins 50-55 games out of 82 games In the regular season. So 3rd to 6th. Best they did was a conference finals loss to a Miami heat side led by LeBron James, Dwayne Wade and Chris bosh etc. This was around 2011-14 when the Miami heat made 4 NBA finals in a row.

Lost 4 games in a row, their good players still playing good like Butters & Rozee.
But as a whole they not playing as good as they were earlier in the year & they have some injuries popping up now.

Last edited:
Anyone see that exchange with Dangerfield?

Laughing, joking, huge smile on his face. Very odd considering it's their 4th loss in a row. Not a good look at all.
A coach that cares about his club would NOT smile and mingle with opposition players/staff etc. Me, like many Port fans, want this fraud OUT of our club right now. He can take koch, richo and other no-hopers with him!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am I the only one who thinks he has already overachieved with this very average list?

Ah yes, the genius mind of kenninkley, hamstrung by a spud list that he himself has 11 years to assemble and said was the best one he'd coached? The spud list with 2 of the top ten mids in the comp, plus JHF, plus a Brownlow medallist?

There's always a "missing piece of the puzzle" isn't there?

I'll give you a clue, it's the ****ing Muppet in the coaches box.

I've never seen a side look so terrified. Mental weakness is something that's coached. Hes actively talked up how scary finals are. Serial choker.

Will be 3-6 in the last 9 after we bomb out in straight sets.

Ah yes, the genius mind of kenninkley, hamstrung by a spud list that he himself has 11 years to assemble and said was the best one he'd coached? The spud list with 2 of the top ten mids in the comp, plus JHF, plus a Brownlow medallist?

I'll give you a clue, it's the ******* Muppet in the coaches box.

I've never seen a side look so terrified. Mental weakness is something that's coached. Hes actively talked up how scary finals are. Serial choker.

We could always merge.

I'll give you a clue, it's the ******* Muppet in the coaches box.

How many Premierships do you think you should have won in Hinkley's time?

Reckon they blew 2020-2021

Did they really blow it though? To me, blowing it is when you are clear favourites and fail to deliver. I don't believe they were ever quite at that level in either of those years. Although, I do agree they absolutely blew the chance to play in a GF in 2021. Can't imagine they would have beaten the Demons though.

Realistically, 2014 + 2020 we should had won.

2020 is the main one we were clearly the best team in it.

2021 we overachieved with this same average list imo. Melbourne would had 2007 us more than that did to the bulldogs
I agree you were a little stiff not to at least make the big dance in 2020. You were definitely the better team for 3 quarters against the Tigers. They were probably just a little more composed at the death. Had you have won, I think it would have been a legit 50/50 against the Cats at the Gabba however.

I think saying you should have won in 2014 is a bit of a stretch though, considering you finished 5th, and there were a number of stronger teams that season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Has Ken Hinkley Been Found Out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back