Coach Has Ken Hinkley Been Found Out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone already knows how this season will end, it’s clearly time for him to step down and if he doesn’t have the awareness to do so, be fired
Is there any AFL head coach who has been removed during the season when they were in the top 8?

The list isn't where Port think it is though. Key position stocks are terrible.
Zerk-Thatcher, Ratugolea and Aliir were never going to get it done.

Is there any AFL head coach who has been removed during the season when they were in the top 8?
Norm Smith was sacked in 65 when the Demons were in the top 4 and had won the flag the previous year.

Melbourne didn't make the finals again until 22 years later in 87 in a 14 team competition.

Tough times ahead for Port.

Shouldn’t that be more on list manager and recruiters though ?

Yes the coach might sit on the list management committee but but his main role is to develop the players recruiters give him
Our recruiters have done everything asked of them by our coaching department to fill in the "missing pieces".

Ken needed defenders and he got defenders. Not the best ones but that's all we could get on the trade tables. Same with the rucks.

A few years ago, we needed midfielders and traded hard to for draft picks to secure Rozee and Butters. Both of which have gone on to get AA and coaches awards. Now add JHF to the mix.

Abhorrent behaviour by some Port supporters booing him today.

Hes been a very good coach for that club for a long time now. He’s def not the future for them but that’s not how you treat your own.
I'll continue to boo him for as long as he continues to turn my once great club into a laughing stock, and I'll feel no shame about it

Guarantee Kane Cornes and Ken's other media lapdogs go with some outrage about the booing angle to try and deflect the story tomorrow though

I'll continue to boo him for as long as he continues to turn my once great club into a laughing stock, and I'll feel no shame about it

Guarantee Kane Cornes and Ken's other media lapdogs go with some outrage about the booing angle to try and deflect the story tomorrow though

Great when? Won a flag with an entry concession list, after spending a few years with the reputation as chokers. Then fell in a real heap, got Ken and have been generally contending for finals since then (with a reputation for choking).

Great when? Won a flag with an entry concession list, after spending a few years with the reputation as chokers. Then fell in a real heap, got Ken and have been generally contending for finals since then (with a reputation for choking).
You take him back then

Norm Smith was sacked in 65 when the Demons were in the top 4 and had won the flag the previous year.

Melbourne didn't make the finals again until 22 years later in 87 in a 14 team competition.

Exactly. It doesn't happen in the current era

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm expecting a VolKano segment on Port fans tomorrow for booing his best mate.

**** me. You’re 7th on the ladder with an average list propped up by a decent midfield.

Today was a bad loss but every club has had a shocker or 2 this year except for Sydney who are head and shoulders above the rest which is a sea of average.

No other coach is getting much more out of your list this year sorry to say.

Exactly. It doesn't happen in the current era
A coach hanging around for this long without ever even making a grand final doesn't happen in the current era, or any era to this extent, so there's always a possibility of us breaking new ground.

But sadly I tend to agree it probably won't happen until finals are well and truly impossible, which is stupid because whats the point of delaying the inevitable

**** me. You’re 7th on the ladder with an average list propped up by a decent midfield.

Today was a bad loss but every club has had a shocker or 2 this year except for Sunday who are head and shoulders above the rest which is a sea of average.

No other coach is getting much more out of your list this year sorry to say.
Shit, what a shame poor Ken hasn't had 12 years to make this list good. What a shame he never had access to Premiership players like the world beater Billy Frampton. Poor poor Ken. Give him another 12 years

I don't think Ken is that bad. He keeps managing to get a very average list to decent ladder finishes. They just keep failing in finals because they have a very average list of players and get found out.

When your forwardline consists of a broken down old man, and some more shit talls and soft smalls, it is hard to do much more than he currently does,
Port made 2 grand finals only 8 and 5 years before Kenny signed up, obviously he is terrible. You make it sound like he has no say in who Port draft or trade in or out, as if coaches have zero say in the list.

Shit, what a shame poor Ken hasn't had 12 years to make this list good. What a shame he never had access to Premiership players like the world beater Billy Frampton. Poor poor Ken. Give him another 12 years
He’s not a list manager, blame your club for that.

As I said, I think his time is nearing an end at your club, whether it’s end of this year or next.

But booing your own is just awful, destroys your culture, creates resentment in your playing group towards the fans and will make it harder to attract talent.

Abhorrent behaviour by some Port supporters booing him today.

Hes been a very good coach for that club for a long time now. He’s def not the future for them but that’s not how you treat your own.
Should have left years ago, he's had amble opportunity, wasted it, and is by funded by those very same supporters who "boo'd" him.

He’s not a list manager, blame your club for that.

As I said, I think his time is nearing an end at your club, whether it’s end of this year or next.

But booing your own is just awful, destroys your culture, creates resentment in your playing group towards the fans and will make it harder to attract talent.
We know Hinkley is responsible for Dixon coming to Port, so obviously it's Hinkley who directs the list manager what to do, the list manager isn't the head manager, that's Hinkley.

Not during the season, but coaches have been sacked after making finals. Expectations are funny things.

We know Hinkley is responsible for Dixon coming to Port, so obviously it's Hinkley who directs the list manager what to do, the list manager isn't the head manager, that's Hinkley.
List management is a huge role that includes work that the coach just doesn’t have time to be involved with. I don’t know specifically with Ken but most well run clubs, the coach has input and a wish list and will chat to potential recruits but ultimately much of the work is left with the list management team. Even Chris Scott has talked openly in the past that he doesn’t get the final say with list decisions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Has Ken Hinkley Been Found Out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back