Coach Has Ken Hinkley Been Found Out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't understand how you can criticise Ken.

Week after week his boys let him down.

He is the heart and soul of that club. He's the heartbeat of South Australia. Better than that simp Matthew Nicks. What a nerd.

He’s not a list manager, blame your club for that.

As I said, I think his time is nearing an end at your club, whether it’s end of this year or next.

But booing your own is just awful, destroys your culture, creates resentment in your playing group towards the fans and will make it harder to attract talent.

Go away Kane.

Hinkley is a selfish parasite that has destroyed the culture, not a few fans booing.

He's been at Port far longer than anywhere else, he's yours not ours.
we don't want him

plus I guarantee when he finally goes (assuming he's not already dead by then because there a possibility that death by old age is the only thing that will get rid of him) that he spends more time back at the Geelong footy club than he does coming back to Port. He will cash his last cheque and never look back

we don't want him

plus I guarantee when he finally goes (assuming he's not already dead by then because there a possibility that death by old age is the only thing that will get rid of him) that he spends more time back at the Geelong footy club than he does coming back to Port. He will cash his last cheque and never look back

From what I have seen of Port supporters I wouldn't blame anyone involved with the club for doing that.

Port supporters are a bunch of bitter haters.

Abhorrent behaviour by some Port supporters booing him today.

Hes been a very good coach for that club for a long time now. He’s def not the future for them but that’s not how you treat your own.

As I said, I think his time is nearing an end at your club, whether it’s end of this year or next.

But booing your own is just awful, destroys your culture, creates resentment in your playing group towards the fans and will make it harder to attract

But booing your own is just awful, destroys your culture, creates resentment in your playing group towards the fans and will make it harder to attract talent.
Ken will never be one of our own

List isn't that good beyond the midfield, which isn't all that surprising when he's avoided bottoming-out in 12 years and routinely trades in list-cloggers.

Sacking him won't be an insta-fix that some seem to think it is.

Still, better to start afresh and take a step backwards before going forwards.

Ken will never be one of our own

On the contrary, he had the whole club eating out of the palm of his hand in 2013 and 2014 when he was a passionate, engaged coach, who had the list playing above their perceived capabilities. He was rightfully supported and accepted.

When he turned into a meek, soft, insipid, uninspiring, management-speak spouting, “aw shucks, someone has to lose” guy, the team went with him.

The problem is, most opposition fans think he is still the former when he has been the latter for going on 8 years.

No other supporter base has had to put up with lack of performance under the same coach for this long - 2 finals wins in 10 years, the longest serving coach to never make a grand final! It’s absurd to still be making excuses for him.

From what I have seen of Port supporters I wouldn't blame anyone involved with the club for doing that.

Port supporters are a bunch of bitter haters.

We’ve been asked to be more patient with lack of success under a single coach than any other fan base in the entire history of the sport, so I reckon you can butt out

List isn't that good beyond the midfield, which isn't all that surprising when he's avoided bottoming-out in 12 years and routinely trades in list-cloggers.

Sacking him won't be an insta-fix that some seem to think it is.

Still, better to start afresh and take a step backwards before going forwards.

No one thinks it's an insta fix lol.

What were asking for as fans is hope, something that hasn't existed for years with the fraud coaching.

He may have mentally destroyed this list already with his loser attitude.

We’ve been asked to be more patient with lack of success under a single coach than any other fan base in the entire history of the sport, so I reckon you can butt out
Where did you honestly expect you’d be this year?

No experts had you winning the flag, few had you in the top 4, and most had you somewhere between 6th and 10th. You’re currently 7th.

The guy deserves credit for some good performances with a pretty average team.

No experts had you winning the flag, few had you in the top 4, and most had you somewhere between 6th and 10th. You’re currently 7th.

This would be a perfectly fair post if it was Ken's first season. It's his twelfth. We don't want him sacked because we're 8th right now, we want him sacked because of his unparalleled record extending for over a decade of mediocrity and home finals losses.

He's had more than enough chances; in fact he's had more chances than any other coach who hasn't made a GF has had in the history of the VFL/AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This would be a perfectly fair post if it was Ken's first season. It's his twelfth. We don't want him sacked because we're 8th right now, we want him sacked because of his unparalleled record extending for over a decade of mediocrity and home finals losses.

He's had more than enough chances; in fact he's had more chances than any other coach who hasn't made a GF has had in the history of the VFL/AFL.
I said earlier his time is just about up at Port. I think you’ve come to end of the road together.

But booing him, one of your own, when you are about par to where you should be is just awful.

Our recruiters have done everything asked of them by our coaching department to fill in the "missing pieces".

Ken needed defenders and he got defenders. Not the best ones but that's all we could get on the trade tables.

Lol seriously?

When Ken wanted defenders do you think he asked for good ones or bad ones?

The distinction is pretty important

I said earlier his time is just about up at Port. I think you’ve come to end of the road together.

But booing him, one of your own, when you are about par to where you should be is just awful.

So a top 4 team of last year, should be losing to a team outside the 8 by 14 goals?

That's about par is it?

Well, firstly, that list you speak of is “the best I’ve ever had” according to the bloke you’re defending.

Fans don’t want the same meek capitulations against teams of similar standard (i.e. ladder position), that we have been experiencing more years without any sign of improvement. Many of these occur at our home ground, the so-called “Portress”, where we have handed out so many “season defining” wins to rivals I’ve lost count. All while stubbornly refusing to change a frontal pressure gameplan that is overly taxing, cooks the players, generates scoring opportunities in bad positions/situations due to its chaos ball rationale…

If you’d paid as much attention to Port as its fans do, you wouldn’t be making your argument. Trust me. Trust me. I wouldn’t deign to speak on Hawthorn’s travails over past years as I don’t tune in every week. So try listening to the people that do.

Okay Helen. I'm sure he can console himself with the $10 million or so he's thieved from my club over the last 12 years.

On the contrary, he had the whole club eating out of the palm of his hand in 2013 and 2014 when he was a passionate, engaged coach, who had the list playing above their perceived capabilities. He was rightfully supported and accepted.

When he turned into a meek, soft, insipid, uninspiring, management-speak spouting, “aw shucks, someone has to lose” guy, the team went with him.

The problem is, most opposition fans think he is still the former when he has been the latter for going on 8 years.

No other supporter base has had to put up with lack of performance under the same coach for this long - 2 finals wins in 10 years, the longest serving coach to never make a grand final! It’s absurd to still be making excuses for him.

Bad appointment, bad decision getting him. Those at Port should of seen it coming a mile away.

Also, if you want some more specifics, it is because he is perhaps the least inspiring living human alive. He literally begins making excuses for why we could (and ultimately, will) lose in his mid-week press conferences. He has never put the heat on the team to perform, refusing to acknowledge that the goal of a football game is to win it, and makes tame excuses for every loss. Loves to have a big old chuckle with his mates after the latest humiliating defeat. He lost the fire in his belly when Phil Walsh died in 2015. A natural, human response to this, that you couldn’t fault, but he has demonstrably lost his drive and ambition to win ever since.

Please just listen to us on this. There’s no way you’d have put up with this bloke for 12 years at your club.

Last edited:
I'm disgusted by the jeering of ken by power supporters. Think about all the players that see ken as family.

I've never seen that much lack of class by fans.

Learn to be real supporters and stand by your own. When the power players all rally around ken with a resounding victory you all can hand in your membership and memorabilia.

I'm disgusted by the jeering of ken by power supporters. Think about all the players that see ken as family.

Learn to be real supporters and stand by your own. When the power players all rally around ken with a resounding victory you all can hand in your membership and memorabilia.

You’re easily disgusted.

About 10,000 people have already handed in their memberships because of donuts, but sure

Good thing you’ve never seen a crowd boo an umpire, independent officials that they are.

(and I handed in my membership 3 years ago, when the board and management decided that this coach was more important than the club. The ethos of football - and our club used to reflect this - is that the individual is never bigger than the club. I’ll return when the club remembers this and returns to it.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Has Ken Hinkley Been Found Out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back