Coach Has Ken Hinkley Been Found Out?

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder what they’ll do if they lose next week to GWS? Surely they’d be having crisis meetings re his tenure. Unbelievable that they’ve signed him.
I guarantee they won't. The current Port board's measure of success is making finals because it keeps the blow-ins happy, which keeps membership and attendance figures from dipping super low. They've had media mouthpieces already pushing the idea that a top 8 finish is above expectations for weeks. This season is already a win in their books, the moment the siren blows they'll pat themselves on the back and we won't hear anything from anyone until pre-season rolls around

I wonder what they’ll do if they lose next week to GWS? Surely they’d be having crisis meetings re his tenure. Unbelievable that they’ve signed him.

Some delusional Port fans are convinced that Ken will quit when he goes out in straight sets.

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

It's ridiculous, and the dumbest ******* argument given that it's been 11 years and it's been his list the whole time, to the point he's refreshed it multiple times. Any list deficiencies you can find (key defender, ruck, wing, small forward) are because he failed to develop replacements. And he's had multiple goes at it at this point. Saying "it's a s**t list" is an indictment on Hinkley, not an argument for him.
Hinkley isn't the list manager, sure blame him for the team not being well prepared for games but it's not his fault the list has glaring holes.
Literally the only people that put Port and Hinkley under scrutiny are Port supporters. Everyone else accepts the performances as good enough and in fact actively tells Port supporters to stop whinging because it is good enough.
Why can't SA sides beat top 4 teams on the road?
It doesn't seem to be a problem for the other non Victorian sides who have all managed to do it within the last two years.

Port haven't beaten a top 4 side on the road since beating Hawthorn at Docklands in 2015.
Crows haven't beaten a top 4 side on the road since beating Sydney at the SCG in 2012.

They’ll do the same thing as Melbourne if they lose next week…
Are you saying that because I barrack for Melbourne or because you think we will be having crisis meetings also?
You can tell that anyone acting like ken is a good coach is pretending, just to troll port supporters.

It's not funny anymore at this point guys, it's just cruel, like kicking a puppy.

Our club is held hostage to a breakfast tv host, with an AFL appointed board that are just happy as long as we make up the numbers and don't bottom out.
But what if that puppy went on to be wild angry dog?

As would have the Demons, Bulldogs, Lions etc
I think The Lions, perhaps, although Fagon is probably better than Hinkley, making 5 consequence finals in 7 seasons, Hinkley never made 3 in a row. Demons and Bulldogs have premiership winning coaches, so obviously they're far superior than Hinkley.

Hinkley isn't the list manager, sure blame him for the team not being well prepared for games but it's not his fault the list has glaring holes.

It doesn't seem to be a problem for the other non Victorian sides who have all managed to do it within the last two years.

Port haven't beaten a top 4 side on the road since beating Hawthorn at Docklands in 2015.
Crows haven't beaten a top 4 side on the road since beating Sydney at the SCG in 2012.
Jesus. Didn’t know that. Damning stats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They were in the game until they suffered two night ending injuries. No one had beaten the Lions there. Give the guy a break. A very good coach.

We weren't in the game all night. Was 33-17 i50's at half time iirc.

I think The Lions, perhaps, although Fagon is probably better than Hinkley, making 5 consequence finals in 7 seasons, Hinkley never made 3 in a row. Demons and Bulldogs have premiership winning coaches, so obviously they're far superior than Hinkley.
Fagan also took over a basket case. A basket case with close to the best recruiting team in the afl but as a footy club they were a mess.

Without even looking it up, I can recall 2021 Round 23 game vs. Bulldogs at Marvel, and Port winning, while Dogs were top 4 and knocked them down to 5th. What a weird lie to make up.

Rozie, Butters, JHF are amazing..
But defence, forwards, rucks, depth, bottom 3-5 players look pretty bad to me. I was shocked watching some of them.
Is this KH’s fault? Not sure.

So, Ken is a total dud? How has he achieved an almost 60 percent win rate then? 4th best of all current coaches. Not to mention being a two time AFL coach of the year.

If they had managed to beat the Pies or Geelong (where they were ravaged with injuries and performed brilliantly) they would have had a home final last night, and likely set for another home preliminary final against the Blues or the Demons. It really is a game of inches sometimes.

Do you even want them to win next week?
Lol. Have you missed all the home finals Ken has lost?

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Reality is he’s probably 5th to 8th best coach in the league.

Which is good, and good luck finding a better one, but it’s not flag good.

McRae Hardwick Clarko Goodwin Longmire Bevo Fagan.

Take your pick on where he ranks out of the last 4 - 3 have flags but have huge gameplan gaps in their current teams and obvious deficiencies- I’d take 2023 Ken over 2023 Longmire & Bevo that’s for sure

Coaches all the time direct the list management to bring in players they want. Hinkley was just seen trying to poach Grundy in person, the coach is heavily responsible for who is drafted or traded to the club.

Reality is he’s probably 5th to 8th best coach in the league.

Which is good, and good luck finding a better one, but it’s not flag good.

McRae Hardwick Clarko Goodwin Longmire Bevo Fagan.

Take your pick on where he ranks out of the last 4 - 3 have flags but have huge gameplan gaps in their current teams and obvious deficiencies- I’d take 2023 Ken over 2023 Longmire & Bevo that’s for sure
Weird list.

Scott's in the top 3, while Mitchell will be the best in a couple of years. Arguably in the top echelon right now.

Most Dogs fans want Bevo gone, likewise Goodwin. Many believe the game has gone past Clarko, while Longmire's finals record is awful.

McRae's a gun but yet to win the flag, ditto Fagan, while Dimma is an unknown. Popular belief at Richmond is his assistants were huge in their success.

Right now it's this IMO:

Proven champions: C Scott, Dimma, Clarko

Look like guns but need a flag to cement it: Mitchell, Kingsley, McRae

Middle tier: Hinkley, Fagan, Goodwin, Bevo, Voss, Lyon, Longmire, Simpson, B Scott

Meh: Nicks, Longmuir

Reality is there just isn't that many great coaches.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Has Ken Hinkley Been Found Out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back