Coach Has Ken Hinkley Been Found Out?

Remove this Banner Ad

As a neutral, i thought it was great to see Hinkley dishing it out to Ginnivan. Winners are grinners. All the carry on and apologizing is indicative of where are as a society - everyone is so easily offended.

Years ago this would have been laughed about, "the boys are getting a bit rowdy!". Who cares....seriously. I thought it was great from both Hinkley and Ginnivan - a bit of friendly banter. I'm all for it.

Yes. I've already called out Hinkley's floggery (dunno if you've noticed but as a rule us Port supporters generally aren't huge fans of the guy). You're the one ignoring Sicily's and Ginnivan's floggery. Any one of the three of them just had to have acted like a normal human being and Breust would've gotten the sendoff he deserved.
Ok good - we agree that Ken embarrassed himself.

The next step is to agree that, as a senior coach in the AFL (one of only 18) he has a responsibility that is more/higher than that of players. (which includes Ginnivan and Sicily).

Having said that - Sicily was responding, not initiating. You can't blame the retaliator for what the initiator did. Surely you see that?

So the guy who wins a final but focuses on a player from the losing team is the bigger person?

Geez man - that's some mental gymnastics there

Because Hawthorn and Ginnivan is supposedly the victim here. And Sicily is the White Knight riding in to defend the down trodden.

That is real mental gymnastics.

Hawthorn had a whole week to retract or apologise about that statement and did nothing. So I love it that Ken gave him a spray.

Because Hawthorn and Ginnivan is supposedly the victim here. And Sicily is the White Knight riding in to defend the down trodden.

That is real mental gymnastics.

Hawthorn had a whole week to retract or apologise about that statement and did nothing. So I love it that Ken gave him a spray.
Ginnivan and Sicily had just lost a final.
Ken had just won one.

For Ken to go and initiate some trash talk at that point is embarrassing. I'm not talking about victims - I'm talking about who made themself out to be a total fool

Ken could have been celebrating with his boys -instead he was talking to hawthorn players. And he's a coach.

Ok good - we agree that Ken embarrassed himself.
Yep. As did Ginnivan. As did Sicily.
The next step is to agree that, as a senior coach in the AFL (one of only 18) he has a responsibility that is more/higher than that of players. (which includes Ginnivan and Sicily).
No, absolutely not. Why would I agree to that? They're all adults. They're all professionals. One of them is even your captain.
Having said that - Sicily was responding, not initiating. You can't blame the retaliator for what the initiator did. Surely you see that?
Ginnivan was the initiator. Hinkley responded to Ginnivan. Sicily responded to Hinkley. And again, any one of the three acts like a normal human being, none of this hits the news and Breust gets the chairing off he deserves.

Anyway- port played well and their pressure was insane tonight. Deserved every bit of that win. I hope every port supporter is having the time of their life despite their embarrassing coach.
Why would we be having the time of our lives we haven't won anything just extended the season by a week.

Yep. As did Ginnivan. As did Sicily.

No, absolutely not. Why would I agree to that? They're all adults. They're all professionals. One of them is even your captain.

Ginnivan was the initiator. Hinkley responded to Ginnivan. Sicily responded to Hinkley. And again, any one of the three acts like a normal human being, none of this hits the news and Breust gets the chairing off he deserves.
Nah you're presenting all the actions as equivalent

1. Gininivan posts a tweet. sure port people get offended by it - but at this stage two teams are gearing up for a semi final.

2. Port win (awesome win btw). And at THIS POINT Ken decides to have a crack at Ginni. Not at any point during the week, or the lead up - he waiting until after the game like an absolutely pathetic grub.

3. Sicily, a captain, stood up for his teammate.

I reckon one of these actions is a little different to the other two. Do you think they're all the same?

1. Gininivan posts a tweet. sure port people get offended by it - but at this stage two teams are gearing up for a semi final.

2. Port win (awesome win btw). And at THIS POINT Ken decides to have a crack at Ginni. Not at any point during the week, or the lead up - he waiting until after the game like an absolutely pathetic grub.

I reckon one of these actions is a little different to the other two. Do you think they're all the same?
Boring.

Ginnivan talked shit and he got served.

Just like he did with the #LightWork social media comment when Collingwood then went on to lose to a bunch of WAFL covid top ups.

Doubt he cares. Sicily and Mitchell need to just grow up and move past it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only reason you see a difference in embarrassment level between the three actions is because two of the actions were done by Hawthorn players.

I'm actually one of the rare opposition supporters who likes Ginni, funnily enough. But you talk shit and you lose, shit is gonna get talked back. It's a tale as old as time.

The only reason you see a difference in embarrassment level between the three actions is because two of the actions were done by Hawthorn players.

I'm actually one of the rare opposition supporters who likes Ginni, funnily enough. But you talk shit and you lose, shit is gonna get talked back. It's a tale as old as time.
Ok so maybe this is where we disagree

Are you ok with your coach acting like a sore winner and focusing on Hawthorn players as soon as the siren goes after a great finals victory? Yes or no?

Are you ok with your coach acting like a sore winner and focusing on Hawthorn players as soon as the siren goes after a great finals victory? Yes or no?
Aww, poor us. respect us 'cause we lost but it's ok for our players to talk shit during the week.

Pull your ****ing head in.

No. I've said that like five times now, how many more times do I need to say it?

Only one of us is ignoring the representatives of our club acting like massive flogs, and it's not me.

No. I've said that like five times now, how many more times do I need to say it?

Only one of us is ignoring the representatives of our club acting like massive flogs, and it's not me.
Ok so we agree that Ken acted embarrassingly.

That's been my point the whole time - not sure why you've been arguing with it. But at least we got to an agreement. Thank you

Ok so we agree that Ken acted embarrassingly.

That's been my point the whole time - not sure why you've been arguing with it. But at least we got to an agreement. Thank you
Yeah, this is the sixth time I've said that now. Are you dense? Do you need a Year 3 reading comprehension lesson to help explain these last couple of pages to you?

Three men have absolutely embarrassed themselves in this whole shemozzle. Two of those men wear Hawthorn jumpers.

Ginnivan and Sicily had just lost a final.
Ken had just won one.

For Ken to go and initiate some trash talk at that point is embarrassing. I'm not talking about victims - I'm talking about who made themself out to be a total fool

Ken could have been celebrating with his boys -instead he was talking to hawthorn players. And he's a coach.
So it's fine for the 2 midget dwarves to showboat after a win cosplaying as wizards, and dismiss and disrespect opponents in the lead up to games, but it's not ok if someone fires back??

giphy444444444.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Has Ken Hinkley Been Found Out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back