Has Paddy Ryder improved at all the past 2 years?

Remove this Banner Ad

Could be the defining moment in Paddy's career. Hopefully he can kick on... :thumbsu:

Before yesterday I was pretty worried.

I thought that as soon as Hille went down (after swearing for a couple of minutes) this would be the defining match in Ryder's career.... and wow!

I hadn't thought that he had stagnated prior to this week though as many in this thread have suggested, I just think that we need to be wary that players need to play a consistent position to improve their role, and Ryder has only been quiet lately whilst he was getting used to the forward/back-up ruck role. If he gets given ruck duties for the rest of the season I think we'll get a definitive answer as to his potential in the middle.

Anyone listen to Triple M on the weekend. JB, Gary, Spud and BT were just about creaming their pants over Ryder.

I've had a few mates give me a bit stick over Ryder, but I've kept saying that he's only 21. I think that it feels like he has been around for a long time, but for a big fella, he is relatively young.

As has been said before, it's purely mental for Ryder as he has all the tools to make a sensational footballer. Let's hope that the performance on Saturday has flicked the switch and he knows that he can compete with the best. It was an amazing effort considering Fraser was probably the form ruckmen in the comp.

P.S. Knights - bring in Bellchambers to be 2nd ruckmen as Ryder will burn out if he has to carry it solo for the whole season.

As has been said before, it's purely mental for Ryder as he has all the tools to make a sensational footballer. Let's hope that the performance on Saturday has flicked the switch and he knows that he can compete with the best. It was an amazing effort considering Fraser was probably the form ruckmen in the comp.

No doubt it was an amazing effort from Paddy, but Fraser's apparent form was moreso due to lack of opposition IMO:

Prior to Saturday he had played against Adelaide (Tippett; Maric), Melbourne (Johnson; Spencer), Geelong (Blake; Mumford) & Brisbane (Clark). Hardly a proven ruckman in the group.

The true tests will come when Paddy has to come up against Cox; Sandilands; Jolly & co.

I agree with all the above posts regarding Paddy's intensity and mongrel being the one thing holding him back. I think that this quote from the HUN on Sunday shows that perhaps he is ready to take the next step.

"I was stuffed at half time. But I couldn't stop. We hate Collingwood and I wanted to beat them bad."

(I wanted to use that as my sig but it was too big :()

I agree with all the above posts regarding Paddy's intensity and mongrel being the one thing holding him back. I think that this quote from the HUN on Sunday shows that perhaps he is ready to take the next step.

"I was stuffed at half time. But I couldn't stop. We hate Collingwood and I wanted to beat them bad."

(I wanted to use that as my sig but it was too big :()

ellipsis are your friend ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Has Paddy Ryder improved at all the past 2 years?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back