Have Geelong become too powerful?

Remove this Banner Ad

Strong evidence suggesting the GFC blasting out fake crowd noise through speakers down at GMHBA. Disgraceful if true. What say you cats fans?
Strong evidence suggesting the HFC sells out home games to Tasmania like they minnow they are. Disgraceful if true. What say you hawk fans?

Strong evidence suggesting the GFC blasting out fake crowd noise through speakers down at GMHBA. Disgraceful if true. What say you cats fans?
Not sure you know what evidence means.

In any case, I can't really recall hearing it this year, though it's hard to recall exactly what you hear among the cacophony of shit at all grounds now. I think several clubs might be including some crowd noise in some pre-game advertising? I just notice the annoying crowd rev up people during the breaks and really bloody loud music that precedes the game

This is a good post. It comes down to how left-wing people see the world and how conservatives see it. The left tend to see anyone who is disadvantaged as being oppressed and want equality of outcome. The right want equality of opportunity. In my mind equality of opportunity is what we should strive for, and then the best run clubs/people/businesses thrive. Trying to strive for equality of outcome just leads to misery and has done for thousands of years. It's an impossible utopia.

You can't legislate for equality of outcome even though the AFL try very hard. The best run clubs continue to be successful - like Geelong.
BS! Most want equality of opportunity, just that those that are disadvantaged have less opportunity.

I don’t really agree with this talk about Hawks 2018 v Geelong 2024. Maybe because we beat Hawks in the 2018 QF but they felt far less threatening than Cats 24.

Anything can happen but a straights sets exit seems unlikely for them. They are a more professionally run and consistent club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yet another gimmick added to the cheat ground. Maybe these sorts of shenanigans are what are making Geelong so powerful? 🤔
If geelong got the same ground advantages hawthorn and richmond and collingwood get then we all know that geelong would have at least 6 flags this century rather then just 4. We all know it. Just dont want to admit it.

If geelong got the same ground advantages hawthorn and richmond and collingwood get then we all know that geelong would have at least 6 flags this century rather then just 4. We all know it. Just dont want to admit it.

Doesn't excuse the 2008 Grand Final. Hawthorn turned up, Geelong didn't.

I don’t really agree with this talk about Hawks 2018 v Geelong 2024. Maybe because we beat Hawks in the 2018 QF but they felt far less threatening than Cats 24.

Anything can happen but a straights sets exit seems unlikely for them. They are a more professionally run and consistent club.
Straight set exits is more common now with the equality of the AFL system. Been that way since probably 2016

When the taxpayer pays $1m for the sound system it would be rude to not use it

And yet hawthorn should of lost by 6 goals if geelong didnt keep kicking points from twenty metres out.

In any case my point was in reference to 2010, 2019, 2016, 2017, 2013.

Like I said, Geelong didn't turn up, Hawthorn did. Bad kicking in front of goal equates to bad football. Simple as that really. It happens.

Remove this Banner Ad

Have Geelong become too powerful?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back