Autopsy Hawks defeat the Holy Floppity - Rd 21, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Just on a sider here, getting off the whole Worps make Duckwood silly thing.
I'm fairly sure may of been the 2nd Qtr that Burto was taken off the ball & was left on the ground holding his guts.
I didn't see anything about this anywhere & no replays at the ground?
Fairly sure if it was a Cats player on the ground it would of been replayed 20 times at the ground alone.
Anyone enlighten me on this incident at all?
Iirc, Scott Selwood hit him in the midriff.

Am not sure you could play two forwards who wont chase to tackle though....

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Ablett had no two way run... if you watch close Kelly almost affected the last kick... and he was behind almost every Geelong player.
Kelly was very good.

Ablett was wrecked.
He is a quality user. Use him like Breust or Bergoyne. Easy peasy. Chris Scott thought he was a mid... But Ablett should be a forward / mid.

Last edited:
Iirc, Scott Selwood hit him in the midriff.
Hit to the “bread basket” otherwise known as the the diaphragm
Am not sure you could play two forwards who wont chase to tackle though....

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Ablett is quality... irrespective of the naysayers. So is Menzel, ... both hard to contain...
so.... the Cats Fwrd line should have Menzel and Ablett.

A year ago we all knew this was right... Chris Scott is still to figure it out.

Last edited:
Hit to the “bread basket” otherwise known as the the

Ablett is quality... irrespective of the naysayers. So is Menzel, ... both hard to contain...
so.... the Cats Fwrd line should have Menzel and Ablett.

A year ago we all knew this was right... Chris Scott is still to figure it out.

I'm sure Chris Scott has a rough idea, it's the fact that Ablett doesn't wish to play forward that throws a spanner in the works.

Just another funny pickup, i think we can blame this guy for any deliberate rush behind calls against the cats :D

timestamped again, easier to see in full screen

in line with daniel menzel when the "its that fresh" slogan is going across

in line with razor ray

doesn't really add anything to the thread but again its funny

I watched the Worpel/Selwood highlight a few times. It struck me as a kind of paper/rock/scissors game. Selwood went rock (going for a bump) while Worpel went paper (sliding around Selwood).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah & as per usual did the MRP even look at it?:rolleyes:

Any footage of it? I remember seeing it and thinking he was in strife.
If it was Howe or Sicily, min 1 week.

But I hate any player taking cheap shots, what’s tough about it?

I thought the afl was serious about stamping this shit out, inc jumper punches, any punches, off the ball stuff but Christian has just come out and said he doesn’t want to suspend players. All it will do long term is turn more kids to soccer...but maybe that helps the Socceroos!!!!

Any footage of it? I remember seeing it and thinking he was in strife.
If it was Howe or Sicily, min 1 week.

But I hate any player taking cheap shots, what’s tough about it?

I thought the afl was serious about stamping this shit out, inc jumper punches, any punches, off the ball stuff but Christian has just come out and said he doesn’t want to suspend players. All it will do long term is turn more kids to soccer...but maybe that helps the Socceroos!!!!
That's what I don't get exactly?
Also I bet London to a brick that had it been Burto clipping S. Selwood in the tummy he's be out a minimum $1500 or worse case a week in the stands!

Chris Scott is not a very good coach.

Whoever their list manager is is also not very good, they have no depth.

The good staff is the talent ID/recruiter getting gems like Kelly.

I agree that Scott is not a great coach, but you don't stay in finals contention for so many years in a row without having good list management. I think their issue is Scott and his lack of structures and systems. When a recruit lands at Hawthorn, he goes to the VFL and plays a Clarko style gameplan right from the start at Box Hill. There are very clear roles and responsibilities in that gameplan that might take a while to learn, but it provides a scaffolding for the new player to fit into. Then when they get called up to the AFL, they just have to get used to the extra level, as they are essentially playing the same structures and systems they've already been learning, not just at training, but also practicing in games at Box Hill.

Scott on the other hand has a game plan that essentially reads "Lets hope our elite mids can win the game off their individual brilliances". Ok a slight exaggeration, but definitely a lot less systems and structures based than ours. So you slot a new kid into the system and he looks lost. It is not an accident that the kids we've brought in look settled for the number of games they've played. It is not all about talent. We have a plug and play game plan where new guys can slot into the system and it is very clear what they should be doing when they do. I reckon Geelong has recruited well, they just need to recruit a new coach and give their kids some structure to fit into.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawks defeat the Holy Floppity - Rd 21, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Back