List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Wingard was delisted and was going to be picked up in the rookie draft but Collingwood were sniffing around and were looking to select him in the rookie draft if he was available.

If Gunston or Breust are delisted to potentially be re-rookied, you run the risk of another team potentially selecting them before us. You'd imagine the club might look at a Butler or Bailey MacDonald type to potentially re-rookie.

If Gunston or Breust are delisted to potentially be re-rookied, you run the risk of another team potentially selecting them before us. You'd imagine the club might look at a Butler or Bailey MacDonald type to potentially re-rookie.

Might not run that risk either given the risk you run with future free agency like we have to contend with every time Moore comes out of contract.

Usually do one of these before the trade period but was caught-up with other stuff this year so here is my post-trade period update! This is what I have at the moment. As you can see, firstly the list is STACKED in terms of talent (which we already knew) but is also pretty close to being completely full as it is. If what I have is correct, then we have 36 primary list, 4 Cat A and 1 Cat B locked in for next year which leaves us with limited options in terms of drafting next month and SSP/MSD in 2025.

If I had to guess, I'd say we are likely to delist-then-rookie one or both of Gunston and/or Breust for flexibility. Regardless, we can only intake a max of 2 players to primary/Cat A list at the moment plus the option of another Cat B player if we want (which I suspect we will re-sign Bennetts with).

As usual, if you spot any mistakes then please let me know :)

View attachment 2149487

This means we will pick only 2 players at ND at max. One is quite likely Cody Anderson and other whoever we pick at 33 or at a pick we trade up to.

Does that mean Bennetts will be resigned as Cat B. can be be on cat B list for 3rd year?

Does that mean Bennetts will be resigned as Cat B. can be be on cat B list for 3rd year?
Rookies – time on list

The AFL will introduce a trigger for an additional fourth year on the Rookie List where the Rookie has played less than ten career AFL matches, which will then apply in same way for access to an additional fifth year. Total aggregate years on the Rookie List will be capped at five years (5.5 years for Mid-Season Rookie Draft).

This change aims to assist clubs to invest in players who may take longer to develop.

Source: https://www.afl.com.au/news/1185312/afl-player-movement-and-list-management-changes

Based on our ball movement I think this is our best starting line up. Swap Lewis with Weddle, and Weddle with Morrison, until Lewis is fit.

B: B.Hardwick, T.Barrass, J.Scrimshaw

HB: K.Amon, J.Battle, J.Sicily

C: J.Weddle, W.Day, M.D’Ambrosio
....(Morrison)
HF: D.Moore, M.Lewis, J.Ginnivan
......................(Weddle)..................
F: J.Gunston, M.Chol, N.Watson

FOLL: L.Meek, J.Newcombe, J.Worpel

I/C: C.Nash, J.Impey, H.Morrison, C.Macdonald, L.Breust

Based on our ball movement I think this is our best starting line up. Swap Lewis with Weddle, and Weddle with Morrison, until Lewis is fit.

B: B.Hardwick, T.Barrass, J.Scrimshaw

HB: K.Amon, J.Battle, J.Sicily

C: J.Weddle, W.Day, M.D’Ambrosio
....(Morrison)
HF: D.Moore, M.Lewis, J.Ginnivan
......................(Weddle)..................
F: J.Gunston, M.Chol, N.Watson

FOLL: L.Meek, J.Newcombe, J.Worpel

I/C: C.Nash, J.Impey, H.Morrison, C.Macdonald, L.Breust
Switch Gunston for Calsher and I think this is pretty close to perfect

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back