List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Usually do one of these before the trade period but was caught-up with other stuff this year so here is my post-trade period update! This is what I have at the moment. As you can see, firstly the list is STACKED in terms of talent (which we already knew) but is also pretty close to being completely full as it is. If what I have is correct, then we have 36 primary list, 4 Cat A and 1 Cat B locked in for next year which leaves us with limited options in terms of drafting next month and SSP/MSD in 2025.

If I had to guess, I'd say we are likely to delist-then-rookie one or both of Gunston and/or Breust for flexibility. Regardless, we can only intake a max of 2 players to primary/Cat A list at the moment plus the option of another Cat B player if we want (which I suspect we will re-sign Bennetts with).

As usual, if you spot any mistakes then please let me know :)

Hawks List 2025 (pre-drafts).png

Angry?

It’s professional sport

Grow up
I'll remind you of that in your next juvenile post.

The guy's son has just been delisted - cut him some slack and dont be a ahole. Josh Bennetts has probably gone a lot further in playing AFL than you have, he's lived the professional sport thing - you havent

In my very humble opinion I think Bennetts has shown more at Box Hill than Butler has
Agreed but Butler had had thr severe injury and was a highish draft pick. I like that we at least rehabilitate an injured player and give them a shot before delisting them.

I feel for Bennetts as he definitely has potential. He also has time on his hands. Hope he gets rookied somewhere

Agreed but Butler had had thr severe injury and was a highish draft pick. I like that we at least rehabilitate an injured player and give them a shot before delisting them.

I feel for Bennetts as he definitely has potential. He also has time on his hands. Hope he gets rookied somewhere
North have cleaned their list up a bit. They and the Tigers would be well served by looking at JB.

I liked what I saw of JB, thought he had a future with us and was building.

Intriguing decision to delist him, and what that might mean.

All the best to him going forward.

It's a difficult time for the bennetts family and I don't want to inflame anymore anger but I will say this. The feedback about bennetts is well deserved and should be positive. It was the truth of the season he had at box hill before he got injured.

Unfortunately even though his feedback was positive it is still a harsh business. Players spots are really tight. I wish Josh all the best for the future I will surely miss him running down the wings at box hill. Good luck Josh hopefully some other club will give you a chance to continue your dream of being an AFL player.

Did I read on here the Dogs were keen on JB? It seems a lot more quality players are being cut this year with great depth in this draft. If he doesn’t get a spot I hope he knuckles down and gets a chance in mid season draft.

No fair point, apologies a bit of frustration
Don't think you have anything to apologize for, nor do I think you've been "stroppy". You have every right to be disappointed and I think most here appreciate your candor, even if it does reflect negatively on the club.

Best of luck to Josh.

Don't think you have anything to apologize for, nor do I think you've been "stroppy". You have every right to be disappointed and I think most here appreciate your candor, even if it does reflect negatively on the club.

Best of luck to Josh.
We just have the possibility of a family member who has given insight into a HFC player and he gets hung on. I don’t get it.

Sixpence reply is spot on.

I was at the training session in the preseason where he was concussed, eyes glazed over walking by in the car park.

Gave himself every chance, good on him.

Wouldn’t be ideal if he was still overseas.

I feel for him and wish him all the best. Sometimes in life you think your plans have hir a brick wall but then something even more appropriate comes along. If he was let go so late it's because he was very close to being retained which means someone else will likely give him an opportunity. Good luck.

Bennett's delisting means one of two things:

1. We were talking to a delisted player that we rate but wanted to make sure we secured that player before Bennetts was let go, or

2. We were negotiating for another pick and have secured the deal. We are likely moving up the draft order and picking up a player that is rated higher and who is similar to Bennetts (edit: doesn't have to be though given we are stacked for small forwards).
The Bennett’s delisting could be that we want to bring in Cody Anderson as a back up small forward whilst he serves his apprenticeship at Box Hill

The reality for Bennetts is that we've got Macdonald, Wiz and Ginnivan already starting, with Butler having a better scope to play high level footy. It's a good reflection on our depth in that area that we've been comfortable delisting two small forwards.

The reality for Bennetts is that we've got Macdonald, Wiz and Ginnivan already starting, with Butler having a better scope to play high level footy. It's a good reflection on our depth in that area that we've been comfortable delisting two small forwards.
I suspect it means both our picks will be forwards ideally either a KP or 3rd tall plus Anderson who would get his chance as a pressure forward early on. Or maybe we have our eyes on a small forward like Joe Berry or Hannaford of we trade up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Bennett’s delisting could be that we want to bring in Cody Anderson as a back up small forward whilst he serves his apprenticeship at Box Hill

Anderson may start as a forward, but I feel he will become more of a mid. Would not surprise me to see him push for a few games in 2025 as a forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back