Autopsy Hawks lose to *

Remove this Banner Ad

That was a steaming pile of turd.

Had plenty of it but couldn't convert. Again.

Lost it at the selection table though. Makes no sense to drop our tall forward target and to play the guy who's in AA form as a defender as full forward.

Kicking into the F50 was terrible but so was the forward pressure when it got in there.

We need 22 Impey's.

Appalling coaching performance. Clarko needs to have a good hard look at himself. To have 2 weeks to plan for this game and then dish that up from a coaching perspective is absolutely unacceptable.

I have serious man crushes on Worpel and Impey. Those two boys never ever give up and they are improving out of sight. Without these two tonight we loose by 60+ mark my words. Are leading the team better than out other ‘leaders’ at the moment.

Look at the bright side, even if they make the finals they will get their customary flogging in the first week whilst we have top 10 pick
Not even worried about them making finals, they were not good tonight. Average team beat a poor team tonight.

Carbon copy of the Brisbane game, hugely disappointing that our mids were busting their guts in the middle, but we were unable to create anything forward of centre.

The Lewis omission is still baffling to me. Lost opportunity to build a connection which is lacking.

It's just one of those seasons. Beat Giants and Port with really strong efforts, then dish up tonight. Head scratching for us all but that's the way it goes. There's a fair bit broken at the minute, the wait comes for the solutions

And now a 15 minute discussion about pinching. What a world we live in

Brian Taylor delighting in our demise. As is the entire football world.

The HFC is the pinata club of the AFL. No one likes or respects us, despite our success.

Essendon is more loved than us. May as well hand our AFL licence back and just field a VFLW side called the Mayblooms.

The only positive is hopefully all the people screaming for Sicily forward can now finally give up on it. The dude is a star defender, one of the best in the game. Never ever shown he is anything close to that as a forward. Please leave him down back forever Clarko!
This. 100%

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have seen worse. Much worse.

And when we see real footy teams over the second half of the year, I expect we'll see it. We're in for some real pain if we keep turning this out.

What is next weeks thread going to be called? I thought the Syds were *

Put Tom Mitchell back in this side and I still don’t see us scoring 100 points. Need to be very bold and creative this off season.

Hmm...

IN:

Mitchell
Wingard
Scrimshaw
Coniglio
Patton
Greenwood

OUT

Brand
Glass
O’Brien
Moore
Cousins
Puopolo

Really disappointed with that tonight.
I think because our midfield is so shallow we struggle to keep up with teams after half time. We desperately need at least 2 more classy mids plus Tom Mitchell back.
Don't think that glass being played as a forward has any merits too it. Doesn't seem to have the smarts to play there.
The season is now beyond us for a premiership this year so we need to be preparing for the next assault.
Have at least 5 blokes either past there best or not of afl standard that need to be delisted at years end.

Disappointed in O’Meara’s output. Had expected more from him this year. Just not able to impact the contest.

Also, can’t blame the friend for delivery to forwards. Even when we have people on the lead they choose the high ball every time. It’s clearly the game plan. Unfortunately the drummers are not st the caliber they once were.

The good:

- Worpel and Impey
- Essendon fans thinking they're good. At least we can all look forward to that inevitable moment when they are again let down when the going gets tough. Happens every year.

The bad:

- Our bottom 6 - Glass, Moore, Puopolo, Brand, Cousins, O'Brien. Just horrendous.
- Sicily as a forward
- Lewis dropped
- O'Meara's inability to break a tag (or be helped by his mates)

The ugly:

- Stratton's pinching. It's one thing to be in a form slump, it's another to be acting like a ****head as the captain of our proud footy club.

Skills weren't up to it by any stretch of the imagination by both sides, but Essendon had the run.

Impey and Worps were great. Impey is fast becoming a fave of mine.

Smith looked miles away.
Backline looked confused as opposed to a tight unit like usual.

Stratts pinching is such a grub act. Yes it happens often by lots of players, but Orazio's arm was horrendous. Hope he gets taken to the cleaner for that.

We're not up to it. It's painfully obvious, but people slamming our skills need to remember we had an amazing team during our era. We looked shit before that clicked too. I don't mind losing while continuing to refine a strategy. Patience during this ugly period is the key.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawks lose to *

Remove this Banner Ad

Back