Toast Hawks made finals in 2024! - Hawks finals discussion

Can the Hawks make finals in 2024?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Little thing I noticed right at the end yesterday was us allowing Treacy to have an easy shot at goal once the game was put to bed. Might seem inconsequential but it actually isn't when your percentage is poor. Need to be tight as hell defensively till the final siren goes.

We have the Eagles too don't we?. I actually think our toughest match will be Adelaide in 2 weeks. They are in pretty good form ATM and will be tough to beat over there. Certainly not thinking about next year all about ruining finals for teams on the way home they are. I actually feel were a a good chance against the Blues. They won't bully our midfield like last year and I reckon our smalls up forward will cause them all sorts of problems judging how the dogs went today.
Nah, only play Eagles once. Our matches are Pies, Crows, Giants, Blues, North, Tigers.

If we beat Collingwood, and we should they look completely cooked, then we’ve given ourselves a big chance.

Either way, we’ve escaped the dreaded bottom 4 and should receive more favourable time slots next year, can’t recall the last Friday or Saturday night game we played at the MCG

If that happened it would be an indication of just how bad the bottom three teams (Richmond, North and West Coast) have been this year.

And I don’t see either of those three teams improving much in 2025 so it will really throw the fairness level of the fixture out of whack for teams that can get those three teams twice in 2025.
It's a low bar but North will be better next season. If they aren't Clarko will be in strife.
Eagles will be worse , Tigers about the same .

We drop anymore than 2 on the way home and it's done with our percentage. You'd think Carlton is the only one you'd call an upset if we win given all our upcoming opponents current form. Giants could also be a worry if they get on a roll.

So, destiny is in our hands. And honestly, what a fantastic thing to be able to say this deep in the season (particularly after our start). So proud of the playing group and the club in general. Finals the dream and we keep dreaming until we can't. But even if the dream dies what a season! We're certainly building.

Just keep winning . Don't worry about other results . We need to lock the games we should and probably also cause an upset ( another one ) along the way .

Stranger things have happened .
It’s exactly this. Just gotta keep winning and impacting what we can.

What will be will be.

Regardless of finals, you couldn’t say this year has not been a huge step forward for the group.

We drop anymore than 2 on the way home and it's done with our percentage. You'd think Carlton is the only one you'd call an upset if we win given all our upcoming opponents current form. Giants could also be a worry if they get on a roll.

So, destiny is in our hands. And honestly, what a fantastic thing to be able to say this deep in the season (particularly after our start). So proud of the playing group and the club in general. Finals the dream and we keep dreaming until we can't. But even if the dream dies what a season! We're certainly building.
GWS over there is super tough. Would be an epic away win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I did a ladder predictor earlier, was a bit bullish on us (had us 5-1) but pleasingly had us finishing 6th and the scum in 11th.

Would've swapped with 7th placed giants if we went 4-2 instead (losing to Blues and Giants). The key for us is next week and the Crows in Adelaide which won't be easy despite ladder.

The teams around us have a lot of tough games coming up against each other which will hopefully help us.

Agree. But no Rankine kills them.

Bit of a downer we don't get to watch him play against us this year.

The word 'superstar' gets thrown around a lot but when he is switched on he's close to the most damaging player in the comp and very befitting of the 'superstar' tag.

Agree. But no Rankine kills them.
Yeah, but Thilthorpe changes their entire forward dynamic. He was a real presence when he came on last night.

Just keep winning . Don't worry about other results . We need to lock the games we should and probably also cause an upset ( another one ) along the way .

Stranger things have happened .
Only result that might be an upset is Carlton and that game is about 60-40 IMO. Every other game were in it up to our eyeballs or clear favourites. If we're good enough we can get to 13 wins at least.

Looking at our remaining games, I reckon it's going to be tough from where we are, and with our shitty percentage.

Pies - definitely winnable - 60/40 chance
Crows in Adelaide - tough - 50/50 at best
Giants away - tough - 40/60
Carlton - very tough - 30/70
Tiges - very winnable - 70/30
North at UTAS - extremely winnable - 80/20

Three more wins ain't gunna cut it :sadv1:

But if you'd told me before the season that we'd win 12 games this year, after eight last year, I'd have been deliriously happy with that....

Looking at our remaining games, I reckon it's going to be tough from where we are, and with our shitty percentage.

But if you'd told me before the season that we'd win 12 games this year, after eight last year, I'd have been deliriously happy with that....
Head down and just keep winning. Just take it one week at a time. It's a great saying in football

I'd have us at 60/40 against the Crows, we tend to play well at Adelaide.

Giants and blues will be tough I agree.

I see us finishing on 13 wins which will be lineball with our percentage.

Giants in Manuka a much better prospect than up in Sydney, we have a good record there, even in the snow!! They are only hot or cold, never warm or cool, so here's hoping we catch them on a cold day.
everybody carrying on about Carlton, personally, I think Collingwood is a tougher game for us. This week is an elimination final for the two teams (even though it isn't) and the Pies are a superb finals outfit. We win this week and we are in.
As for the rest, our engine room will beat the living crap out of the Crows, Richmond and North at the end of the HandA season are finals carrots and we won't need motivation, easy wins.
Whilst this season has been a staggering surprise, mainly due to the unexpectedly good performance of the three recruits, the out-of-nowhere performance of Dear, and the 3-4 week early appearance of Day, the Hawks will be (secretly) eyeing off a top four finish. 6-0 from here gets us into the top four, a loss on the weekend to the Pies will make the top eight difficult, as strange as those two scenarios might seem

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Hawks made finals in 2024! - Hawks finals discussion

Back