Toast Hawks made finals in 2024! - Hawks finals discussion

Can the Hawks make finals in 2024?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll put my hand up and admit I chose "maybe" in the poll as at that stage I never imagined that we would have been able to achieve what we have from that point in time. I'm blown away that we have qualified for finals and I'm sure there will be seven other teams dreading the fact they may have to play us in September.

Last edited:

From the worst start in 50 years to making finals with a great percentage. What an incredible unprecedented turn around.
The season literally started with Sam in a hospital bed in NYC. If we go all the way then there'd be a script there to make a movie.

I really was nervous, and while it was a dour start, didn’t take the boys long to kick into gear and do what they’ve been doing but in conditions that were awful to say the least

I’m so proud of these boys and the coaching panel - regardless of what happens next, there are a lot of “experts” eating shit pie right now.

Voted yes in the preseason, but was worried when we were 1-6 (I think the gold coast loss where I started to doubt) but the team found its defensive backbone which funnily enough gave us freedom to attack from turnovers, which we lacked as we used to put team mates under pressure, rather than finding space.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Voted yes in the preseason, but was worried when we were 1-6 (I think the gold coast loss where I started to doubt) but the team found its defensive backbone which funnily enough gave us freedom to attack from turnovers, which we lacked as we used to put team mates under pressure, rather than finding space.
That and the Melbourne game had me a little worried. That was the game where we tried chipping it around slowly and they put us to the sword. We didn't try to move it fast like we had been doing in other games and we looked awkward playing that way.

Just got the emails about finals gear and a reminder about ticketing. They didn’t waste any time.
Gotta have deep pockets supporting the hawks with all the finals this club plays. Just got the piggy bank full after all those years and now it’s going to get drained again 👍

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Hawks made finals in 2024! - Hawks finals discussion

Back