Toast Hawks made finals in 2024! - Hawks finals discussion

Can the Hawks make finals in 2024?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty funny season, at the start of the year I thought we were making the finals, then the 0-5 start and the way we lost, genuinely thought the wheels were rolling off. Then a chance loss to port that will never happen again has essentially caused us to miss top 4.

And if you wanted to poke a stick at it we probably win if we sued the time keeper 😂 would not change anything though because those losses made us what we are now.

Surprisingly steeled side due to the way we made finals and the serious pressure on the side to perform since the bye. Huge jump in pressure coming but we have some seriously key player that will stand up and bring the heat, I cannot wait!! Very proud of the effort across the year, what an interesting season, unforgettable and we are in it to win it now!

Can someone please explain to a dummy like me who we should be supporting in tomorrows game’s in order?
Not sure who we should be supporting tomorrow. But the Dogs play first, then the Blues, then Freo. The first team that wins is the team we will be playing in the first week of the finals. If they all lose, we play the Dogs

Absolutely love the way Sam handles the media. Handles every question with intelligence and clarity, regardless of how muck-racking some of them are. Caro was getting nothing so resorted to an attempted kick in the bollocks re Clarko and the administration but he’s too slick and steps aside while she falls on her arse.

No surprise that genuine footy people like Kane Cornes and Lloyd are now in awe of Hawthorn and Caro keeps sucking lemons.

We’ve won our last 3 games by a total of 261 points, that’s an average winning margin of 87.
Ended up with the second highest average winning margin in the comp (even if Bulldogs win a close game today). Pretty solid considering half of our wins by round 13 were single digit margins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Equation now:

1. Bulldogs win = Bulldogs at the G

2. Everyone loses = Bulldogs at the G

3. Dogs lose and Blues win = Blues at the G

4. Dogs and Blues lose and Dockers win = Dockers at the G
Option 3 for me. Blues are more predictable, Freo can produce a “Beat the Cats in Geelong” type of game out of the blue and I don’t trust the Bulldogs. Given the amount of incorrect disposals North got away with yesterday, the Bulldogs may never need to handball again.

Option 3 for me. Blues are more predictable, Freo can produce a “Beat the Cats in Geelong” type of game out of the blue and I don’t trust the Bulldogs. Given the amount of incorrect disposals North got away with yesterday, the Bulldogs may never need to handball again.
Haven't played Carlton in a final since the 1988 Semi Final. That's one of the VFL / AFL’s great sleeping rivalries (and was probably number 2 for Hawthorn behind Essendon before the Cats kicked off)

The battle of Princes Park would draw 95,000 plus

Last edited:
Agree. Blues can’t handle our manic speed. Plus 90,000 at the G would be the most fun.

Agree. Blues can’t handle our manic speed. Plus 90,000 at the G would be the most fun.
Hopefully I’ll be one of them but history tells me I’ll be stuck in front of the computer from Tuesday onwards trying to buy tickets and getting the annual story about the medieval servant boy that went missing.
“Page could not be found”

Mm, I don’t think we will make it relying on 13 wins and flogging Richmond and North. Would need to beat both of them by 70-plus. Looks like we will need 14 wins.
So 13 wins was enough after all and with the easy games to finish the year our percentage took care of itself, hope we don’t have another 90 odd pages discussing this same next year 😒

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Hawks made finals in 2024! - Hawks finals discussion

Back