Toast Hawks made finals in 2024! - Hawks finals discussion

Can the Hawks make finals in 2024?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Is that an example of tautology sir?
Yes, in its strictest sense but it was asked if he'd said it in a tweet. The word "said" can have ore than one meaning in an internet forum. To differentiate between saying it in a tweet and saying it verbally, I resorted to tautological language.

This was posted on November 16 last year (just go to page 1).

You may all be excited about actually making finals, but I'm bitterly disappointed. :p
Me too, I won't go back to find it but my expectation was an undefeated season.

Unbelievable that we dropped 9 games to sides clearly worse than us.

Yes, in its strictest sense but it was asked if he'd said it in a tweet. The word "said" can have ore than one meaning in an internet forum. To differentiate between saying it in a tweet and saying it verbally, I resorted to tautological language.

url]

Me too, I won't go back to find it but my expectation was an undefeated season.

Unbelievable that we dropped 9 games to sides clearly worse than us.
Well... I did expect the obligatory late season loss to Richmond - it's what primes us for silverware.

I think we’ll win 9-11 games this year. 11 games probably won’t scrape into the 8 in a 23 game season. Would be ecstatic to be wrong but I think we are following Adelaide’s present trajectory and next year will be our cusp of finals seasons.

Boy how wrong were you, dickhead!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Once again, still don't understand how people voted "No" on this! Way too definitive. "Maybe" is a bit of a cop out but you get a pass... this time.

Because you don’t understand the strong cosmic power I have to curse my footy sides. I would never vote yes for that reason.

(I think I voted for one of the Malcolm In The Middle lyrics).

This needs to be highlighted so we can appreciate what our team has already achieved this year.

We started with five losses : 24, 55, 36, 5 & 53 pts for a combined loss of 173 pts.

We ended the year with five wins : 66, 66, 74, 63 & 124 pts for a combined 393 pts.

That has been a monumental turnaround that has propelled us into Finals and is a great credit to Sam Mitchell & the players. They believed. Many of us doubted at some stage but they never did.

We have won 11 of our last 13 matches - staggering in itself, and we have recorded wins over Fremantle, Brisbane, Giants & Bulldogs amongst others.

(Fun stat). Our winning margin against North in the last round - 124pts, was higher than North's higherst score all year.

We go into the finals from the second half of the season as one of the two best performed teams in the competition.

Wherever we end up our ride this year has been stunning. Frighteningly for the rest of the competition, we are only going to get better.

It would probably be the matchup of the entire round. Two teams that are playing like top four sides, and both are probably the most irresistible when they're up and running.

If it's not us winning the flag I'd be happy for the Doggies (or Brisbane) to take it out.
Not me.

If the Giants beat the Dogs tomorrow and both Fremantle and Carlton win, then Bevo gets to go on holiday, and our flag chances improve.

I’d be fine with that.

I will put my hand up
I voted no
(I think very early on)
I am glad to be wrong
I will also put my hand up - although I didn't vote. But I genuinely thought the Hawks path was through GWS. When they lost that game Freo and Carlton were entrenched in the 8 and I didn't see another path in. And did not think for a second GWS would go on an unbeaten run. But then Carlton and Freo imploded - so big thanks to them.

It has been a wild 4 weeks.

Great effort by the young Hawks. There were games in the first five weeks where it was hard to know what they were doing. The first quarter against Melbourne was a complete shemozzle.

But add Will Day and Lord Meek and something clicked.

It has been a wild ride - looking forward to seeing what else they can do.

Last edited:
**** I’m wrapped we are back where we belong but that bloody GWS game - had we not let that one slip we would be top 4 but then again maybe reset we needed - only time will tell

Go hawkers and see you at the G - finals baby 🤎💛

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Hawks made finals in 2024! - Hawks finals discussion

Back