Autopsy Hawks v Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope clarko goes to AFL house and gets a run through of what constitutes a HTB. All year i feel we have been stitched an absolute rort with this rule, tonight was no different.

Over to you Clarko.

Will be a fascinating off season.

Your move 'Grand Master'.

He has been a ruthless list manager.

This is his greatest challenge since he had 3 draft picks in the first round.

Are we 2 'A' grade players away from a top 4 team?

Or are we 1/2 a team away?

It has been his greatest attribute . Identifying and accumulating premiership puzzle pieces.

He looks to be replacing our 3 peat squad piece by piece.

Fascinating .

I hope clarko goes to AFL house and gets a run through of what constitutes a HTB. All year i feel we have been stitched an absolute rort with this rule, tonight was no different.
Spotted one of the best NRL hand offs tonight that Cam Smith would have been proud of , nothing

Just watched the free sicily gave away (with the little tap to the chest) p**s off seriously thats selective umpiring there he was getting pushed around before and you pay that.. f***ing joke.

Poppy's "dangerous" tackle early in the game was a perfect tackle. Only one arm was pinned with Poppy's second hand around Gibbs' waist. Gibbs dropped the ball to protect his head and he was fine. The free kick should have gone to Poppy and instead went to Gibbs.

The 7 media commentators who said both arms were pinned should have been given the vision at half time showing their commentary was wrong. The fact they never corrected themselves means they should all hang their heads on not watching the vision correctly. Lingy and Richo, this was your stuff.

Clarko should report Poppy to the tribunal for a dangerous tackle to show how stupid this rule has become.

At the very least the umpires should say, "we got that wrong". If they don't then tackling a person to the ground is DEAD. If this happens it will destroy the game.

Last edited:
Well finally the Bandwagon has finally run out of gas, so it's time for all the negative posters to get of the vehicle, and take the trolls with you, because, as true a true and loyal Hawthorn supporter, I can't tell the difference.

A very disappointing game tonight, but I was half expecting a performance below what this group has given since the bye. However, as we look to 2018 I must say how impressed I was with Brand, Glass and Hardwick. Glass will be something special next season.

As for Sicily, well Lamb got the footy 15 times, 6 were free kicks from interfering with Sic. Now I would like a olease explain from the umpires how that was possible.

The game I watched on Friday night had the frees going the other way, Sloan had 8.

We have a good future ahead and I would love a young gun Kelly added to our squad, but I feel he is out of our reach.

Waste of time. Their was a game last year where Clarko queried why we had over 100 tackles without hardly any holding or dropping the ball. Thats the way the game is going.

Waste of time. Their was a game last year where Clarko queried why we had over 100 tackles without hardly any holding or dropping the ball. Thats the way the game is going.
Its perplexing for me as i see it as a clear way of clearing congestion and truly freeing the game up. Let the players attack the ball but if its thrown out or illegal disposal, ping htb.

So how did that work out for him?
As in the result, watch the the replay until the rewind breaks and show me how he marks it or earns a free for it.
And the result is?????????
No contact, situation normal.

He's not there to earn the free. He's there to mark a ball destined for his chest and he was in pole position to do it.

The backman just made a great spoil. **** me it's like you think our players will win every contest. He did nothing wrong. The other player just did something great.

You keep pushing your vendetta/agenda though. You're FOS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a load of BS. That was just a great ******* spoil and sometimes to the opposition player you just say well played.

Been our best forward this year by a mile and in a shit side for taking the ball inside 50, it's getting tiring his name being brought up every time we lose.

Suggest you watch the footage again. Breust did not attack the ball or the contest. Had he, there was a chance (albeit slim tonight!) he wins a free kick for front on contact. He continued towards the goals to avoid the contact and take an uncontested chest mark.

Please try holding players you favor to the same standard you hold the Will Langford's of the team for once mate.

Well finally the Bandwagon has finally run out of gas, so it's time for all the negative posters to get of the vehicle, and take the trolls with you, because, as true a true and loyal Hawthorn supporter, I can't tell the difference.

A very disappointing game tonight, but I was half expecting a performance below what this group has given since the bye. However, as we look to 2018 I must say how impressed I was with Brand, Glass and Hardwick. Glass will be something special next season.

As for Sicily, well Lamb got the footy 15 times, 6 were free kicks from interfering with Sic. Now I would like a olease explain from the umpires how that was possible.

The game I watched on Friday night had the frees going the other way, Sloan had 8.

We have a good future ahead and I would love a young gun Kelly added to our squad, but I feel he is out of our reach.

Yes, indeed. A few quarters this year have been hard to watch, but to grab 9.5 wins (plus one possible next week) is a solid return for year with so many changes/adjustments/retirements/injuries. Its not the year we probably expected, but we have turned the year into something to work with into the future.

Suggest you watch the footage again. Breust did not attack the ball or the contest. Had he, there was a chance (albeit slim tonight!) he wins a free kick for front on contact. He continued towards the goals to avoid the contact and take an uncontested chest mark.

Please try holding players you favor to the same standard you hold the Will Langford's of the team for once mate.

Of course he didn't attack the ball...or run at the contest as Bumps suggested..... because the ball was kicked over his head to land in his arms as he's running with the flight of it towards goal. He was still running to the ball.... as in where the ball was going.

So saying he was avoiding contact is just BS - he was running towards the ball drop and was just beaten by a 1 in 100 non infringing spoil by a player in that situation.

SO what you're saying is he was trying to avoid contact by actually running to where the ball was going.... he should not have been trying to get the ball but playing for a free kick was the go.

**** me ......

Last edited:
People need to remember that this is our first year of a rebuild, and we were playing round 21 still with a chance at finals!! The kids we have, have shown that they can take us to our next cup but theres gonna be some bumps in the road cause they are just still kids(mostly)!
I wanna say as well that im glad Siss had the night he had cause he will be targeted more and more and when it comes to a big game ie finals hopefully by then he would off learnt to deal with it better.
Can anyone tell me when Brand is contracted till? Cause I think we need to sign him up to a long term deal IMO this guy will be an all Australian defender in the next couple of years.

How good was Brand's contested mark and play on in the third quarter(?). Came out of nowhere and stole it from Silvagni.

His one hander was awesome as well.

Just needs to not kick it into the man on the mark.

People having a go at Breust and his bravery should take a look at themselves. I believe he has been playing under duress. If you look at how exhausted he was after he kicked his last goal last week, he could hardly get up. At this time of year players are carrying injuries we supporters no nothing about. Ive seen him get hit many a time, taking it and keep going. I remember him getting poll-axed from behind from a player coming off the interchange very early on, may have even been his first game ( was against either Adelaide or Port from memory ) He got up and kept going.
Anyway get off his case please you keyboard warriors.

How good was Brand's contested mark and play on in the third quarter(?). Came out of nowhere and stole it from Silvagni.

His one hander was awesome as well.

Just needs to not kick it into the man on the mark.

Thought that one handed mark was the 4th quarter on the wing.

Breust and Poppy are role players. They are supremely talented at their jobs.

Marchbank
Ecurnow
Cripps
A silvagni
Mckay
Cunningham
Benaly, yes you are right. Carlton had many high pick players not playing today.
Carlton has a huge number of 1st round picks compared to Hawthorn has very few.
But Bentaly, your recruiters are doing the right thing. Taking slow burners and seeing if they can sing. If the cannot then see them along.
Along the way the Hawks are developing the players no-one wanted or saw.

Benaly, our teams are on the same hill. Let us enjoy the climb together

Absolutely zero from Schoenmakers and Obrien, they probably try hard but basically just aren't very good footballers , despite the odd good thing they do once in a blue moon they are spuds at this level , we need to find a key forward for the future if we are to get back to being a top side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawks v Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Back