Game Day Hawks v Pies official practice game - Thursday March 2 @ 5:10pm - UTAS

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s another way of saying we have no chance, if that’s all we can manage against the baby hawks
i know right! if that all we can manage in a meaningless pre season match against a side like that then may as well give us the spoon. I mean march is when those sorts of things are awarded arent they?....

Looked to have the game in control for most part without really exerting ourselves. Difficult to read much into the game, but from the new/young players Hill has wheels and offers a point of difference, McStay looks a strong mark, McInnes & Carmichael offered a bit when they came on, unlike Fox I don’t care about Mitchell’s metres gained and am happy if he can keep dishing it out.

Early in the game I really liked the centre clearance work. Hopefully a good dynamic forms between Cox/Cameron and Mitchell and De Goey.

Still a bit fumble and wasteful at times but that's to be expected.

Don't really care about the scoreline, disappointed at the goals we leaked though Maynard coming back in will help the backline settle.

Real shame about Lippa. Nothing worse than a presenting injury. Hopefully it's toward the low end.

fk me that was underwhelming. Our odds for a flag just blew out.

Cox poor, Q poor, Billy poor, Markov cant kick.... umpires even poorer

De Goey great, McStay looking good again
It was a low intensity practice match. Do you not remember getting walloped by GWS in this game last year. Means absolutely nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No DeGoey and no Lipinsky really hurts our prospects against the Cats. I think DeGoey is going to miss a week. Why would you do that in an innocuous practice match where bruise free footy was the order of the arvo?

You will see. Give him a chance.
The Fly is no idjut.
Nobody is infallible. He’s a supplementary rookie. I know you’re the thicc son of christ, but this miracle is beyond even you.

Leigh Brown failed at two clubs before being an important cog in our premiership team.
Lmao he played 60+ games for Freo before being traded for a first round pick to Norf where he played another 118 games. How you could regard a guy who managed over 180 games as “failing” at his first two clubs is completely baffling. Markov isn’t worthy to lick the boots of a player like Brown.

Lmao he played 60+ games for Freo before being traded for a first round pick to Norf where he played another 118 games. How you could regard a guy who managed over 180 games as “failing” at his clubs is completely baffling.
Markov is already in the top 30% of AFL/VFL players for the number of games he has played so he is no spud either.

Underwhelming to say the least, not many positives out of today. DeGoey been good, the rest, meh

I find it very hard to gauge where we are at from the last 2 games.
On one hand it's practice games with players in different roles, non best 22 players in side, players rested through game, less intensity, getting rust and kicks out.
There are positives like degoeys game, some very fast counter attack transition play, very few injuries.

But on other hand every team is in that position and we definitely don't look primed for round 1.
We are defensively being opened up very easily more so then last year imo.
I think we miss Ginnis impact despite some claiming him not a walk up, he is a very smart player who organises our forward half and creates chaos amongst the def end. He is just one of those players who makes things happen and impacts nearly erectile he's near the footy.
Though Mihocek got in Mcstays way a lot first half often crashing into him, instead of leading away from him. Then in 2nd half Mcstay had a collision with Mihocek when mcdtay should of stayed out of it. Clearly more time and training needs to get them to gel and separate defence's.
I also thought despite what is practically a Hawks u21 team with even their senior types built like whippets we aren't physically that much bigger (with the exception of a couple players) then them vs say watching the Lions vs Geelong which both look quite solid physically.

Been a very meh preseason for mine but who knows we may come out round 1 and put the sword through Geelong when it's serious.

On one hand it's practice games with players in different roles, non best 22 players in side, players rested through game, less intensity, getting rust and kicks out.
There are positives like degoeys game, some very fast counter attack transition play, very few injuries.

But on other hand every team is in that position and we definitely don't look primed for round 1.
I think we miss Ginnis impact despite some claiming him not a walk up, he is a very smart player who organises our forward half and creates chaos amongst the def end. He is just one of those players who makes things happen and impacts nearly erectile he's near the footy.
Though Mihocek got in Mcstays way a lot first half often crashing into him, instead of leading away from him. Then in 2nd half Mcstay had a collision with Mihocek when mcdtay should of stayed out of it. Clearly more time and training needs to get them to gel and separate defence's.
I also thought despite what is practically a Hawks u21 team with even their senior types built like whippets we aren't physically that much bigger (with the exception of a couple players) then them vs say watching the Lions vs Geelong which both look quite solid physically.

Been a very meh preseason for mine but who knows we may come out round 1 and put the sword through Geelong when it's serious.
“He is just one of those players who makes things happen and impacts nearly erectile he's near the footy.”

Does Gin make you horny?

Yeah baby!
1677754029079.jpeg

Size (or lack of it) had no negative impact on us last year. In fact we bullied Geelong for long periods of play the two times we played them last year and they were rattled.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Hawks v Pies official practice game - Thursday March 2 @ 5:10pm - UTAS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back