Autopsy Hawks v Shockers

Remove this Banner Ad

The whole ******* defence has been rebuilt.
It's funny but what was our biggest weakness (backline) at the start of the year when Frawley, Stratton and Gibson were in the side is now our biggest strength with Hardwick, Sicily, Burton, etc down there giving us great run and daring.

Not sure if I'm more pumped about us moving up the ladder, or St Kilda's pick dropping further down
Our pick is gone regardless. I'd rather focus on what we are doing to be a dominant club again, rather than what draft pick St Kilda waste yet again.

Biggest margin for the season. Happy the way the boys finished off their work in the final term. These wins away are huge for a developing side.

The good thing about our recent form is that our best players are kids

Mitchell
Sicily
Howe (good performance to kick 2)
Burton continuing to improve
Hardwick and brand certainties

Looking for a solid final five weeks. Cannot fault the effort since the bye

KOLOKOTRONIS

Gee, how good is our support in WA? Every game over there we have a huge turnout, must be one of the biggest supported clubs outside of the WA teams. Any reason for it?

Usually only one game per year for our WA brethren. Good to see them enjoying the game!

Hows fyfe feeling now watching his rabble of a team stumble from 1 mediocre game to another?, there a long way away from a flag from what i saw tonight. Got some decent kids but there isnt much star power apart from the obvious few, not to mention the most negative coach we have ever seen hellbent on boring the masses to tears and leaving a lasting legacy on the game.

Are you criticising a champion player for being loyal to their club?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sicily was excellent in defense with his contested marking.
Dare I say it but based on his last two months Sicily could end up as good as Burton over the journey. It has been a masterstroke putting him on the half back line. How good are his hands! And his field kicking (not licking) is outstanding.
And if anyone has an issue with his temper I think we need to remember another fiery Strawberry Blonde kid back in the 80's who did alright in spite of (maybe because of) his fiery temper (his was fiery Irish blood not Italian but the Red Head gene know no geographical boundaries)

I was a little sad seeing Brad Hill after the game. That game must have been tough on him. Very pleased with how the Hawks played. Cats fans still think we have no young talent, and we unearthed another one tonight :)
Can't wait for 2018 to shut people up.
I hope he has a great career as a Docker, and love him for everything he did for us. He is a 3 time premier with us and nothing can take that away from him.

I think it was westhawk who said before the game that Fremantle are good and bringing other teams down to their level. That was certainly one of our worst games for the year. Different shovel, same old Freo.

Shout out to Gunston, Mitchell, Sicily, BB, Breust and Glass in his first game excellent.

We are so much better than our ladder position suggests.
I don't know if we're actually good, but at the very least I don't think any of the teams 5th to 8th are better than us. Just that kind of year, but very encouraging that we don't have to catch up to a team that was on the caliber of the Swans, Cats and Hawks of old.

Can't get ahead of ourselves though. Could just as easily start the next year playing rubbish again, like we did post 08 for a few years.

Fremantles marking, lol.

It's funny but what was our biggest weakness (backline) at the start of the year when Frawley, Stratton and Gibson were in the side is now our biggest strength with Hardwick, Sicily, Burton, etc down there giving us great run and daring.
True, I wonder if that would make Strats and Chip nervous. We were woeful at the start of the season in defence. Our kids are smashing it. Not bad for a team with no depth or young talent!

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app

What was the deal with Sicily and Duryea? I was watching at the pub but with no audio and couldn't quite work out what was happening.
I think Duryea told him to stop talking to the umpire about the kicking in danger and Sicily was still raging. Not a good look, but not actually that big of a deal imo. Lewis clocking blokes every second week was worse and he got over it, just gotta get him to settle down a bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawks v Shockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back