Autopsy Hawks v Shockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay, I don't mean to be rude, but you have already said you didn't actually watch the game.

I'm very happy to get the win.

It was a brilliant win.
We were playing against the anti-football coach, who has taken footy into the dark ages with his ugly, swarming defensive garbage. We ripped that apart, and several young players had blinders.

What the hell were you watching?

Incidentally, the player I'm most impressed by is Blake Hardwick. He was just another small forward, and he's turned into a hard small defender, one who makes good decisions, can mark and kicks the ball beautifully.
Still early days but he's taking big steps.

2018 starting line up (ignoring trades):

Hardwick Brand Burton
Sicily Frawley Gunston
Smith Titchell Henderson
Burgoyne Roughead Breust
Dureya TOB Rioli

McEvoy O'Meara Sheils

Inter: Howe Birchall Henderson Puopolo

Emerg from: Stratton, Shoey, Hartung, Langford, Cousins, whitecross, Glass, Heatherley

....Getting a bit of depth!

What's our best 22 look like in 2018 ? We have depth all of a sudden

I wouldn't say "all of a sudden." Most of these kids have been developing at Box Hill over a period of time. It's worth remembering we target players in the draft to suit our long term plans, not just take the best available.

Oh and Conor glass, lovely attack on the ball. His kicking is akin to letting a balloon deflate rapidly however his last few kicks looked almost like he knew what he was doing

Gibson is definitely on the way out, however I can't agree with your statement on Frawley and especially Stratton. That's just lunacy. Frawley was brought in to deliver a premiership in 2015 and he did so. He has been very solid.

Stratton is one of the most courageous and smart players when the ball is on the deck, and can mark. Look at his taps to advantage.

"Think there is still a spot for birchall"... lol... yeah may be able to squeeze him in loll. A four time premiership hero who always makes us look better... "yeah squeeze him in" loll

Our injuries helped fast track players no doubt, however the outs didn't make us a better team. We beat collingwood and Gold Coast (second time around), with the players mentioned in the side. We would be well and truly in the 8 looking to push for a top four berth based on this season's results.

Think before posting.

KOLOKOTRONIS

So wjth Frawley, Stratts and Birch cominh in, who wre you going to omit?

2018 starting line up (ignoring trades):

Hardwick Brand Burton
Sicily Frawley Gunston
Smith Titchell Henderson
Burgoyne Roughead Breust
Dureya TOB Rioli

McEvoy O'Meara Sheils

Inter: Howe Birchall Henderson Puopolo

Emerg from: Stratton, Shoey, Hartung, Langford, Cousins, whitecross, Glass, Heatherley

....Getting a bit of depth!
Puopolo?

So wjth Frawley, Stratts and Birch cominh in, who wre you going to omit?

My point wasn't based on who misses out. I'm talking about flexibility of the team. Each week raises new challenges. As Clarkson said, squads win premierships. The players mentioned when fit make our squad better. A better squad means a higher ladder position.

We have missed these players this season. Huge huge outs, irrespective of early season form.

My response to the post was based on the stupidity that they should be traded. These guys are starting 22 and have been during premiership years. Short memories for some...

KOLOKOTRONIS

Gibson is definitely on the way out, however I can't agree with your statement on Frawley and especially Stratton. That's just lunacy. Frawley was brought in to deliver a premiership in 2015 and he did so. He has been very solid.

Stratton is one of the most courageous and smart players when the ball is on the deck, and can mark. Look at his taps to advantage.

"Think there is still a spot for birchall"... lol... yeah may be able to squeeze him in loll. A four time premiership hero who always makes us look better... "yeah squeeze him in" loll

Our injuries helped fast track players no doubt, however the outs didn't make us a better team. We beat collingwood and Gold Coast (second time around), with the players mentioned in the side. We would be well and truly in the 8 looking to push for a top four berth based on this season's results.

Think before posting.

KOLOKOTRONIS

Settle down

So how do you squeeze Birchall, Chip, Stratton, Hardwick, Brand, Sicily, Glass, Kiwi, Burton?

Something has to give

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We controlled the match apart from the 2nd half of the 1st quarter and 1st half of the 2nd quarter, you always felt once the Dockers lost belief they could win the floodgates may open.

This what you meant?
9ac6bd918e249695ee60d2b7fc019f7c.jpg

4 players I'm looking for next week:

Langford - Pressured poorly against the Freo half back line, gave away a number of frees. He cannot afford another set shot miss from 20 metres.
Schoey - Had some great kicks, made good decisions, but we need more from him in the air.
Timmy O - Is injured, still managed the two goals and a nice run-down tackle, but we were missing a target when the game was hot. More consistency needed.
And the fourth?

Settle down

So how do you squeeze Birchall, Chip, Stratton, Hardwick, Brand, Sicily, Glass, Kiwi, Burton?

Something has to give

Buddy, read the response to the post and the actual points I was trying to make. It has nothing to do with where these players fit. I was talking about the squad.

Stratton, frawley and birchall are non negotiables. They belong at the HFC.

Read, understand context and then settle down...

KOLOKOTRONIS

I think it was westhawk who said before the game that Fremantle are good and bringing other teams down to their level. That was certainly one of our worst games for the year. Different shovel, same old Freo.

Shout out to Gunston, Mitchell, Sicily, BB, Breust and Glass in his first game excellent.

Yep freo are the masters of making the game a scrap. Class prevailed in the end. Was good to be at the game. Really impressed with the way the club is developing the young guys. Thought Howe, Hardwick, Gunston and Sicily were excellent and a great debut for Glass. The whole team played well though.

Last edited:
Buddy, read the response to the post and the actual points I was trying to make. It has nothing to do with where these players fit. I was talking about the squad.

Stratton, frawley and birchall are non negotiables. They belong at the HFC.

Read, understand context and then settle down...

KOLOKOTRONIS

Absolute rubbish.... So Lewis and Mitchell were non-negotionables too?

Think a little bit more before have a crack at others

Absolute rubbish.... So Lewis and Mitchell were non-negotionables too?

Think a little bit more before have a crack at others

What are you talking about?

Lewis wanted three years and he took a better deal. He wanted to go for security.

Mitchell had negotiated the move with Clarkson and also a security deal to coach.

How can you put Stratton, birchall and frawley in the same category. We didn't target frawley to trade him at the end of 2017! Ahaha what's wrong with you? Lol

Birchall and Stratton make us a better squad. Their value is huge. I just can't see the logic in trading these guys at all, or even questioning their value in our squad.

I'm all for developing a young side, however these guys cannot be let go. Experience is needed if we are looking at pushing the envelope in 2019.

KOLOKOTRONIS

My point wasn't based on who misses out. I'm talking about flexibility of the team. Each week raises new challenges. As Clarkson said, squads win premierships. The players mentioned when fit make our squad better. A better squad means a higher ladder position.

We have missed these players this season. Huge huge outs, irrespective of early season form.

My response to the post was based on the stupidity that they should be traded. These guys are starting 22 and have been during premiership years. Short memories for some...

KOLOKOTRONIS

But, would they get a game in any other side?

#ifitwalkslikeaduck

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

the main points of the game

-Hardwick is a gem down back
-Sicily is not only an intercept marking champion, but also loses his mind occassionally
-Gunston transformed into Birchall for a week
-Mitchell cant be stopped
-Brand is becoming more comfortable at the level
-Glass is another debutant to shine this year

4 more wins and we have a chance to get into the 8, win the last 5 and we're certain to get into the finals

Finals for these kids will give them confidence and hunger for the years to come, so hopefully we can have a good remaining 5 games

I missed the entire game due to work, can anyone provide me a little rundown, how did we go to tonight? Standouts positives, negatives. Cheers
You didn't miss much. Mitchell broke his own record by collecting another 30+ possessions. Sicily went into a rage and almost bashed Duryea. Our Irish rookie kicked some serious ass. Young Brad Hill cried after the game realising he made a huge mistake leaving the Hawks, ala Buddy.

That's about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawks v Shockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back