Autopsy Hawks v Shockers

Remove this Banner Ad

just in from the game and celebratory feed/drinks at funtastico in subi....
Sic and Hardwick (Wow what a player he really is!) both funtastico down back...
Thanks Hawks = the WA supporters love it when u come to play like this.

2018 starting line up (ignoring trades):

Hardwick Brand Burton
Sicily Frawley Gunston
Smith Titchell Henderson
Burgoyne Roughead Breust
Dureya TOB Rioli

McEvoy O'Meara Sheils

Inter: Howe Birchall Henderson Puopolo

Emerg from: Stratton, Shoey, Hartung, Langford, Cousins, whitecross, Glass, Heatherley

....Getting a bit of depth!
You might consider replacing one of the Henderson Twins with someone else...

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
You didn't miss much. Mitchell broke his own record by collecting another 30+ possessions. Sicily went into a rage and almost bashed Duryea. Our Irish rookie kicked some serious ass. Young Brad Hill cried after the game realising he made a huge mistake leaving the Hawks, ala Buddy.

That's about it.
I've never seen a rough banana

4 players I'm looking for next week:

Langford - Pressured poorly against the Freo half back line, gave away a number of frees. He cannot afford another set shot miss from 20 metres.
Schoey - Had some great kicks, made good decisions, but we need more from him in the air.
Timmy O - Is injured, still managed the two goals and a nice run-down tackle, but we were missing a target when the game was hot. More consistency needed.
Four?
#1 Langford
#2 Schoenmakers
#3 O'Brien
I missed # 4
For me it would be Hartung
His run is good
His kicking is OK
He fumbles & turns it over too much under pressure. Is it panic?

Four?
#1 Langford
#2 Schoenmakers
#3 O'Brien
I missed # 4
For me it would be Hartung
His run is good
His kicking is OK
He fumbles & turns it over too much under pressure. Is it panic?

Thought Billy went OK that game, max points for the don't argue - retire in shame, Freo victim.

He does tend to race off down the wing and then realise he didn't think about where to kick it. But not his worst game.

Couple of Freo things:

- Fyfe is getting back to his top form, hard to know how much all those injuries have robbed the game of one of its stars. Despite the man bun, I really like watching him play.

- Poor Hilly, that was sad to see.

- Surprised by the amount of respect between the sides post-siren; seems like a team our guys get along with much better than some others. For some reason I'd assumed the opposite.

- Struggle to see where their upside is going to come from... 2013 seems a long time ago now. Wonder what's gone wrong.

A lot of best 22 & trade talk in this autopsy....
So... Stratts is trade bait, Chip stays, Burton will not move to the middle next year, Sicily will stay in defence, its no coincidence that we are better playing the kids after the injuries we've had & the wins have come, Glass is more than half full.
Best 22, hard rebuild & trade covered...

On the game.
It was terrible to watch at times but gee there were some awesome passages of run & carry that left mey mouth watering for more out of the new look team!
Poor Sicily! That would have bloody hurt & I don't begrudge him at all!
Doc took it in his stride, no harm no foul.
Rough is not an overhead mark & the sooner he is taken out of that KPF role the better. Sure he can float around goal & roam around whenever he likes & he is good at that!
Billy had a couple of ??? moments but the look he belongs is starting to grow
Bad kicking is bed football! Goal kicking practice has to go into overdrive for the rest of the year;
Langford's value will go through the roof if he gets his radar back

Bring on the Swans!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of best 22 & trade talk in this autopsy....
So... Stratts is trade bait, Chip stays, Burton will not move to the middle next year, Sicily will stay in defence, its no coincidence that we are better playing the kids after the injuries we've had & the wins have come, Glass is more than half full.
Best 22, hard rebuild & trade covered...

On the game.
It was terrible to watch at times but gee there were some awesome passages of run & carry that left mey mouth watering for more out of the new look team!
Poor Sicily! That would have bloody hurt & I don't begrudge him at all!
Doc took it in his stride, no harm no foul.
Rough is not an overhead mark & the sooner he is taken out of that KPF role the better. Sure he can float around goal & roam around whenever he likes & he is good at that!
Billy had a couple of ??? moments but the look he belongs is starting to grow
Bad kicking is bed football! Goal kicking practice has to go into overdrive for the rest of the year;
Langford's value will go through the roof if he gets his radar back

Bring on the Swans!

Our defence has looked 10x better without Gibbo and Chip, I said at the start of the year and was flogged by people, that KB would be my choice over both of them. We have shown 110% that when we give the kids a go they can stand up, so so so many posters and even mods said you can't throw the baby out with the bath water by just sacking all our vets.

Injuries have forced our hand and its beautiful to see, I even had deep seeded concerns about our kids, hell I even said we had the worst youth in the comp but I also wanted to find out if they could play. Well bugger me, they're better than I thought, they legit play with desperation and application that was missing from a lot of our vets. To turn back and hand games back to the older guys would surely hamper what has been an awesome developmental period for these kids?

The
You might consider replacing one of the Henderson Twins with someone else...I hear there's a certain Jaeger who's up for a kick...

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
trouble is the other jaeger twin is already named as a rover.

Gibson is definitely on the way out, however I can't agree with your statement on Frawley and especially Stratton. That's just lunacy. Frawley was brought in to deliver a premiership in 2015 and he did so. He has been very solid.

Stratton is one of the most courageous and smart players when the ball is on the deck, and can mark. Look at his taps to advantage.

"Think there is still a spot for birchall"... lol... yeah may be able to squeeze him in loll. A four time premiership hero who always makes us look better... "yeah squeeze him in" loll

Our injuries helped fast track players no doubt, however the outs didn't make us a better team. We beat collingwood and Gold Coast (second time around), with the players mentioned in the side. We would be well and truly in the 8 looking to push for a top four berth based on this season's results.

Think before posting.

KOLOKOTRONIS
Instead of just attacking people, how about answering the question - who goes out for all these blokes you say are best 22?

Our early season and late season results suggest injuries to established players have significantly helped us. Some of them are not guranteed best 22 anymore and even more so going forward over the next couple years. So their value should be considered.

You're just reinventing history if you think the reason we are missing finals is because of injuries. We were dreadful at the start of the year with a healthy list and have improved since giving hungrier players opportunities.

Our defence has looked 10x better without Gibbo and Chip, I said at the start of the year and was flogged by people, that KB would be my choice over both of them. We have shown 110% that when we give the kids a go they can stand up, so so so many posters and even mods said you can't throw the baby out with the bath water by just sacking all our vets.

Injuries have forced our hand and its beautiful to see, I even had deep seeded concerns about our kids, hell I even said we had the worst youth in the comp but I also wanted to find out if they could play. Well bugger me, they're better than I thought, they legit play with desperation and application that was missing from a lot of our vets. To turn back and hand games back to the older guys would surely hamper what has been an awesome developmental period for these kids?

I'd still like to see Chip in the mix to see how that dynamic worked for a few games this year.

"Play the kids"
"Hard rebuilders"
"Footy is a business of winning not playing favourites"
"Loyalty doesn't = winning"
"Everybody has a price"

You have to smile when you know you are right in the long run mate on players... as well as taking the whack when your wrong.

We are in the minority but the ppl who share the same view over this season know who they are & I am sure they are also smiling about what has transpired & the development the kids have obtained before 2018.

I agree.

I have thought the same about Gibbo all season, you could tell his heart and body wasn't up to the challenge anymore.

Chip I was less convinced about, and I will probably get smashed for saying this but how he plays frustrates the hell out of me. I think Chip he is a pure defensive player, who is slower than our current defenders. No doubt he is at AFL level and would get a game at most teams, but not sure that he fits in our new look team. With all the talk of possible trade currency he would be the one I would consider shopping around, I think he would have a fair amount of value on the market and our youngsters have him covered.

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app

I agree.

I have thought the same about Gibbo all season, you could tell his heart and body wasn't up to the challenge anymore.

Chip I was less convinced about, and I will probably get smashed for saying this but how he plays frustrates the hell out of me. I think Chip he is a pure defensive player, who is slower than our current defenders. No doubt he is at AFL level and would get a game at most teams, but not sure that he fits in our new look team. With all the talk of possible trade currency he would be the one I would consider shopping around, I think he would have a fair amount of value on the market and our youngsters have him covered.

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app
Trading defenders makes a shit load of sense to me

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawks v Shockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back