Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 17, 2005
Geelong
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
sth Dragons, Melb Storm
History is on our side...

The last time we played West Coast at the MCG was in 2001... and we slaughtered them by 80 points.

Since then, we've only beat them once - by two points at York Park.

Will the MCG give us enough of an advantage to win this one?

West Coast have played 41 games at the 'G, and won only 17 of these matches!

This is also their first match at the MCG since they lost the Grand Final.

Surely they're aware?

That was a satisfying game, that one in 01. Crawf tore them a new one if i remember correctly. But they were seriously crap back then..

I reckon we're a show. The Eagles are vulnerable and there for the taking at the minute. Hit them hard...

We're going down, boys!

On last weekend's showing we need to find a 717% improvement, and I can't see where its going to come from :(

In a weird way, when we go into games having absolutely no chance, we seem to play better.

Weagles record at the G considering how well they play at Subi isn't very flattering. Losing to Pies last year when on bottom, very narrowly beating Tigers and Essendon as well last year and this year respectibly.

Realistically though, we need to totally change the way we play. Really need to take players on, I want to see Hodge bursting through the middle and hitting a forward on the chest.... what has happened to that kinda stuff?

CyberKev said:
We're going down, boys!

On last weekend's showing we need to find a 717% improvement, and I can't see where its going to come from :(

I dont think we necessarily have to. A lot will depend on WCE. If we cast our minds back to the first 4-5 games of the season, we got lucky and played our luck and won a couple.

Again, maybe, just maybe the luck is starting to turn and running with us again.
WCE without Big Dean Cox.

Is this the same as Geelong @ Geelong without Scarlett & Harley?

The same as Essendum without a Lloyd who normally kicks a lazy dozen or so against us?????

WCE may do a Richmond or we may do a Carlton (against WCE @ WC) but only better?

We've still got blood flowing through our veins, lets turn up and give it a go, you never know, we may win.

I think it will all come down to who wants it more.
Going on WC's last 4 performances they've looked like they'd rather be down the pub.
For a whitewash this week there'd need to be a HUGE attitude turnaround in the space of 6 days - not probable.
Don't worry guys, I think it'll be a close one.

thankfully ill be away this week, but ill have to watch the carnage on FoxFooty from the hotel room :thumbsu:

Even without their big cox, they will still give us a severe ****ing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cuzz09 said:
Hey guys...

This game is un-pickable.

Im tipping you guys coz what ive seen lately has been a joke!

The face that its Everitts 250th you will win - I can picture you guys carrying him off singing the song while Im Smshing down my 57th bourbon of the arvo!

hahah
Nice image!
If it comes true, we'll make you honarary president of this board!
And you can marry my sister!

:D :thumbsu:

Im actually tipping West Coast to belt Hawthorn by 10 goals.

Last month i havent been confident at all going into the games against lower ranked sides such as Carlton and Essendon. But after losing last week at home to the bullies, i reckon Woosha will light a fire cracker under the arses of many Eagles, especially those in the midfield.

With teams 2 - 6 on the ladder only separated by 4 points and %, the Eagles will come out firing this weekend. No room for complacency, and no mercy for the Hawks.

gdmclean said:
Im actually tipping West Coast to belt Hawthorn by 10 goals.
Last month i havent been confident at all going into the games against lower ranked sides such as Carlton and Essendon. But after losing last week at home to the bullies, i reckon Woosha will light a fire cracker under the arses of many Eagles, especially those in the midfield.

With teams 2 - 6 on the ladder only separated by 4 points and %, the Eagles will come out firing this weekend. No room for complacency, and no mercy for the Hawks.

Not gonna happen - Love it to - But more than likely only kick 15 so Hawks would only kick 5 - Either way I reckon It will be 15 goals to 13.

going on last week no chance, but have that funny feeling we may be a chance. We match up pretty well and wce dont have the power forward that usually kill us. Crawf, Spider need to return and Williams MUST be recalled. Who stops Judd?

Binxy said:
Absolutely spot on G-Mac - if by some chance we do win though, can you smash some more eggs on your head and post the pics?
Ive made bold statements twice this year - got pinged on 1 and almost the other. Im gonna keep my mouth shut for a while.

After last week and our pathetic display, how can a normally positive guy tip anything except a good old spanking i ask u? Crawf wont play imo. Expect dawson, willow and spider back, guerra, brennan (delist him now. Sorry) and taylor to play in the magoo's. Maybe a suprise selection like Little with youngy being ommitted (though i don't like the idea of this as westcoast like to play pretty loose anyway). We should spank them in the ruck so hopefully between that hodge mitchell and lewis we can stop judd at the stoppages.

As for key matchups

WC like to send a resting midfielder forward either cousins, judd, kerr or embley. I expect sewell and brown to take these blokes when they go there.

Judd vs Lewis??? (has anyone the pace to stick with him over those first fifteen paces)

Stenglien vs Mitchell

Selwood vs Hodge

Chick vs Williams

Wirrapanda vs Clarke (defensive forward)

I just don't know how we can win this game there is just to much class in westcoasts smalls and our talls other than in the ruck i can not see stretching them! If we play like we did last week i am gonna curl up in a ball and start sucking my thumb and rock backward and forward:eek: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawks V West Coast (MCG)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back