Preview Hawks vs Cats - ins, outs, and what Hawkins will be eating pre-game

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hope Howe dominates, great to see him in and gives us an insight to the future. I would love to see our starting midfield of O'Rourke/Howe/Langford out of curiosity against the Lions or Blues, even if it's for short spells.

Surprised Howe was picked, as is everyone. I think he will be a great player for us, but would have thought Jed was above him.
Certainly Duryea.
People are thinking they didn't want Duryea as sub two weeks in a row and wanted him to play a full game. I would have thought he was ahead of Suckling though, considering he was picked last week and Suckling was a late in.

People are thinking they didn't want Duryea as sub two weeks in a row and wanted him to play a full game. I would have thought he was ahead of Suckling though, considering he was picked last week and Suckling was a late in.

This for me. There must be more to it that we as supporters can't see because in a game that is expected to be a tough, hard contest, I don't see what Suckling brings that Doc doesn't.

Not necessarily.....Schoey has been playing in a totally different role/position compared to Spanger. I might also add....and not too badly either.
My tip would be that they will be named or not named based on the role required of them, not because one is better than the other in a direct comparison.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
A good assessment Bikefreak.

The thing is anyone who gets dropped from Hawthorn is stiff when you think about it, we're not exactly struggling for good players.

I don't think all omitted players get dropped due to poor form. We have players pushing hard to get selected in the firsts, so to reward one now and gain keeps up their enthusiasm. It is also good to give these players some games near the finals to see if they can cut it. While I expect Howe to get the green vest, I would like to see him get a full game against the cats, where there are quite a few players he could match up on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's a crazy thought and I don't for a minute believe Clarko would stoop to such tactics...:$

maybe Howe will be given licence/instructions to smash the likes of Selwood / Motlop / johnson / Murdoch...

a sacrificial MRP lamb as it were? :drunk:

There'd be a horses for courses edge to selection too
That's what I think also based on how we played Geelong in the last few wins using a smaller forwardline

Suckling and Doc play different roles, if you want to add run and attack Suckling is still ahead of Doc currently and run and smaller forwardline seems to be the go this week

If you thought that Scoenmakers was one of the best players on the ground last week and that he is a better player than spangher , then you should go and watch soccer because you dont know AFL.
One of the coaches thought Shoe was in the best 5 players on the ground last week based on his impact on the outcome, I know Clarko watches soccer so maybe it was him..

Shoe and Spang do not play the same primary role in the team, whether we play one ahead of the other would I expect relate to whether we want a taller forward or backline primarily not on who is the "better player" in the eyes of supporters.

Here's a crazy thought and I don't for a minute believe Clarko would stoop to such tactics...:$

maybe Howe will be given licence/instructions to smash the likes of Selwood / Motlop / johnson / Murdoch...

No

You are dead right, that is a crazy thought. (1) you wouldn't ask an early-career player to do that, ever, (2) why do we care about Geelong players being available for a few weeks post playing us, they are not going to impact on the finals, (3) while we hated those guys in the past out of respect for their talent, they have become sad shells of past has-beens, and we should pity them (well, in the case of 2 of them anyway)

If you thought that Scoenmakers was one of the best players on the ground last week and that he is a better player than spangher , then you should go and watch soccer because you dont know AFL.
I was at the game last weekend and Shoey provided plenty of decoy runs, great kicking and when it was his time to go, his tackles viewed live and up close were crunching. He goes okay - don't you worry about that.

l don't know if l am missing an in joke or not but why are posters saying Shoey got votes in the coaches award? He didn't- Luke Shoey got the 2 votes
When the votes were first published on the AFL site they had 2 votes to Shoe not to Shuey, Hawks site has Shuey in the votes but I hadn't read them since they were first posted

Ha.. I'm not the only one thinking it was "Shoey" Shoenmakers. I wonder how we got that wrong in our heads.
They had it up on the AFL site on Monday I copied it into the autopsy thread, my mistake for believing anything on the AFL website was accurate
upload_2015-8-14_13-30-1.png

Schoey and Doc both named for BHH. So not rested it seems. Sure there is a good reason behind all of it - Clarko and the selection committee have to have a couple of runs on the board now surely.

Langford has been picked for BHH also - would be fantastic if he could find some form.
Agree 100% In Clarko we trust.
Feel for Doc, I didnt think he has done much wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back