Autopsy Hawks vs Cats - The Horror of Kennett's beret

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Hawks vs Cats

You can't carry 3 blokes (Osborne, Breust, Bateman) and expect to beat quality opposition. Form 2 weeks in a row show that these boy's aren't in our best 22 at the moment and will be duly replaced with Hodge, Shiels and Pup.
Confident of beating the Cats on a faster track with the above 3 boys back in, even with Scarlett and one ot two others back for them!

We go soft at the contest after dominating in patches. I feel our mistake against Geelong is that we stay to play defensively when we have the lead we should ice. Our attack is what gets us in good shape against them. Then we seem to put numbers behind the ball and we're all at sea because they can free players.

Another choke job by the Hawks.

You can blame the refs in the last quarter but the fact is that this game should have been wrapped up near the beginning of the fourth quarter.

They need to win the next game against Geelong. I think they can't win the premiership unless they get around them in round nineteen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was worse than when we used to get belted by 100 points. Breust, Bateman have failed in so many tight finishes that they don't deserve to keep their spot for games against shit teams where they do enough to keep their spot.

Even if we won that game, our inability to finish off that bunch of umpire ****-sucking handbaggers is so unacceptable. If we don't beat them again and beat them well then we don't deserve to play a GF.

Mentally weak.

Geelong x 8
Collingwood x prelim

If we cant beat them today, when will we beat them.

We just had so many opportunities to win, but just threw it away. This one about hurts the most.

Shoenmakers is just not a defender. I still think he has a spot in the team, just is completely lost in defence. We just have to play Roughead back.

Im soo pissed.

is it groundhog day or something??????

clarkson, you don't fool me. you have nothing new mate.

some players will cop it here, and deservedly so, but, who picks them? who does the matchups? who makes the gameplan?

the blame needs to be spread a bit further than just the players.

I'm starting to lean towards thinking Cat's have a mental edge over us now. Buddy trying grubber goals in that last quarter a clear indicator of this. He's typically wonderful anywhere in front of goals but those grubbers were cringeworthy. Is he expecting a bigger roar if one dribbles through ??

Shoenmakers ONCE AGAIN showed that he is not a KPD!! We are going to destroy this kids confidence by persisting with him as a KPD!
Not a KPD ??? he's 194cm and built like a brick shithouse where else are you going to put him? I say Box Hill for a very long time.

There is no excuse for that. A complete absence of character. Really inexcusably weak.

Given this is the 8th time in a row at least I got on the cats at $5.50 halfway through the third.

Mentally weak, pathetically fragile.... I'd drop the whole side next week if I could. Absolutely piss weak display, burnt a numerous goal lead time and time again.

Don't they have ANY fire in the belly? How can they accept this outcome time and time again. Makes me want to turn off games against Geelong.

Edit: Angry pills disengage, there were some players who contributed, but as a team the outcome is completely unacceptable.

This is exactly why it astounded me that everyone seemed to be so upset with losing the 2011 prelim like we did..the result would have been the exactly the same in the GF as it has been for the last 8 encounters with Geelong, ie. last quarter fadeouts.

No ablett, no scarlett, no ling, no milburn, no ottens..says it all

this game was a disgrace....that's like 8 Or 9 in a row....if clarko can't find a way to beat geelong were stuffed forget premierships....the backline that we have is crap....everytime the ball goes in there there is a score....a good part of it is because of shoenmakers..who toiled all day....but was comprehensively beaten on whoever was on him....he should have been subbed off at half time....roughie at the back half would have been better....

Guys like osbourne, changa....have been great servants of the game..but the game has gone past them...time to give guys like hill and gunston a go who are our future..

Hodge and shiels should have played this game...their midfield dominated us for a long part....they would have been handy especially in the contested possessions...not sure why they didn't put their hand up for this game...

We've got all this depth....but at the end we should be playing our best 22 everyweek....we can't have a weaklink...make some changes clarko next game against geelong needs to be the best 22 injured or not....

Mentally weak! The same blokes let us down, the same blokes will be picked next time we play them.

Too many senior players who think a football match is playing good football for 5-7 minutes a quarter.

This one stings more than the previous 7.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawks vs Cats - The Horror of Kennett's beret

Remove this Banner Ad

Back