HAWTHORN V WEST COAST EAGLES

MCG - Fri Aug 31, 7:50pm

BigFootyNews.com Preview:

Feathers to fly for home final rights

by Andy Ryan on AUGUST 30, 2012 in MATCH PREVIEWS
Hawthorn vs West Coast

Friday, 31st August

7:50pm, MCG

Another Friday night thriller looms as the Hawks hope to clinch the minor premiership and the Eagles look to cement a top four finish.

This battle of the birds sees two sides hitting ominous form at the right end of the season; the Hawks beating Sydney, and taking their position atop the AFL ladder in a classic at the SCG and the Eagles comprehensively beating Collingwood to bump them from fourth.

Hawthorn had been flag fancies all year, and are absolutely clear-cut favourites after their grinding win in Sydney, coming back from a 38-point deficit and maintaining composure to come out on top in a close finish. The Hawks also have Luke Hodge returning to his best form, Buddy ominously kicking four goals after a scratchy first half and six weeks out of footy, and Cyril Rioli set to return this week.

Full preview ->

LIVE CHAT @ 7:30PM

I never though I would say this, but here it goes...

"Lets go Hawks, destroy those ducking pieces of shit!!!"

31193-dead_duck.jpg

Should be a great game, sometimes we struggle to get out of second gear in Melbourne though for whatever reason. If we play like we did in the Collingwood game earlier in the year we're a chance. The top 4 spot is crucial if we want to win the flag IMO, I just can't see us travelling three weeks in a row and winning all three.

Hawks by 20. Hopefully the crowd isn't too loud. :(

West Coast might not want to win this one. Sure you could get a double chance if you win, but a home final is almost assured if you lose.

Haha wishful thinking.

No way WCE will go out to lose, beyond the obvious benefit of a double chance, a win will mean they avoid the potential of a 'home' elimination final against Fremantle the following week.

I'm thinking it will be a reasonably close match, Hawks by 11.

West Coast might not want to win this one. Sure you could get a double chance if you win, but a home final is almost assured if you lose.

Punch yourself in the head until you lose consciousness, what a stupid statement to make.

If we win we get a guaranteed home final in the second or third week.

Should be a great game, sometimes we struggle to get out of second gear in Melbourne though for whatever reason. If we play like we did in the Collingwood game earlier in the year we're a chance. The top 4 spot is crucial if we want to win the flag IMO, I just can't see us travelling three weeks in a row and winning all three.

Hawks by 20. Hopefully the crowd isn't too loud. :(
I don,t beleive in predicting win margins. I think Hawthorn are better side over all, but the Eagles are in form and have some outstanding players. Hope the Hawks don,t play silly buggars tonight and fiddle around whether intentionally or not, the Eagles have more to play for to remain in the top four. Would Collingwood have to anihilate Essendon to get percentage if them and the Eagles remain on the same game points?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am torn. When the Eagles play at Subi I will support anyone against them, absolutely anyone.

When the Eagles play here, i kinda hope they win. And they are playing Hawthorn.

I expect the Hawks to win but this could be one of the all time ruck massacres about to take place.

It really is an indictment on other forwards and just shows how shit they are that this could even be the case after Buddy missing 6 and a half games.
I wouldn't call them shit, Buddy is just a freak. No shame in not being as good as him :p

Is it possible that Bruce might actually have the first on air orgasm tonight?

Buddy, Cyril, NicNat

Bruce wont have a chance to calm himself down he will be on a hair trigger all night

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawks vs Eagles - Friday 31 Aug, 7:50PM - Live Chat from 7:30PM -

Remove this Banner Ad

Back