Autopsy Saints v Cats - AFL Rd 23, 2024 - Sat August 17th 7:30pm - (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Garcia looks a talent.
Him and Wilson were great picks in the draft.
Garcia has had some moments in games this season (iirc he was the one that kickstarted the failed comeback vs GWS) and has had some big games in the VFL (had 34 and 3 last week, averaging 20 disposals, 10 tackles and over a goal from his 10 VFL games). Should get more consistency and start more games next season.

I did and that is also accurate

Yeah except it’s not, is it. It’s rare and in fact, impossible for players considered certainties to finish top 3 in their club’s most time honoured method of assessing their internal value to their team to be ‘only being picked because they’re related to a club mate who has been absent for two seasons.’

I reckon 17 teams liked Ross Lyon football in the 2nd half champ?
What on earth happened to you? Used to be one of the best and most fun football board contributors.

Now bitter and defensive over Ross Lyon of all people. And throwing around a champing to boot.

How was Stengle selected for this one, given last weeks incident?

Kane Cornes suggesting he may have burned his last chance, which was OTT, but how do you not miss a single game?
He's played 3 games since it happened...

Saints played like they wanted it more in the 2nd half which was a little embarrassing for a Geelong team playing for top 2. Saints won the contest and had loose men everywhere in the 2nd half ….. cats not the real deal Holyfield….. might revert to norm …. Lose QF, win SF and lose PF…. Although getting to a prelim looks a bit much after that 2nd half. Credit to saints….

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How was Stengle selected for this one, given last weeks incident?

Kane Cornes suggesting he may have burned his last chance, which was OTT, but how do you not miss a single game?

Have you been cryogenically frozen or something? What are you hoping will happen, they’ll retrospectively suspend him two games after he’s already played Adelaide and Fremantle for passing out in a pub?

To those sanctimonious as **** geelong flogs (you know who are), SUCK IT.

Attacking football wins hey lads.

I’d argue teams with at least top 5 defences and top 3 transition scoring sides win Premierships since stats back those up.

Attacking footy only works if your players aren’t lazy and run both ways.
Defensive minded footy only works if you can hit a certain score point to offset lack of attack.

Everyone likes the Saints and Ross Lyon. Everyone likes teams and coaches who don't succeed. It makes it easier for those trying to.

Lots of people don't like Geelong and don't like Chris Scott
I like Gelomg.

Chris Scott I don't like (He has a very punchable head)

Saints played like they wanted it more in the 2nd half which was a little embarrassing for a Geelong team playing for top 2. Saints won the contest and had loose men everywhere in the 2nd half ….. cats not the real deal Holyfield….. might revert to norm …. Lose QF, win SF and lose PF…. Although getting to a prelim looks a bit much after that 2nd half. Credit to saints….

If we make a Prelim in a rebuild year that’ll be insane. I had us 7th and first week and out.
Anything more than that is a bonus

Defensive minded footy only works if you can hit a certain score point to offset lack of attack.
Yes, and this has always been Lyon's issue. Against sides who also can defend, his teams don't have a good enough balance between defence and offense to score enough. They did well tonight against a Geelong side that wasn't good enough, but play like they did in the first half and a really good side would have trounced them, which is often the case with Lyon football.

Even at his very best, with sides brimming with talent, he got found out in finals because his sides were too conservative and couldn't score enough.

lol. covid football? you mean smashing you by 60 points in front of 60k people with full length games. haha clutching
Get back to us when your club wins a grand final at the MCG for the first time since 1964. That puts you in company with St Kilda and no other Victorian team for truly dire runs.

Hell, Geelong have won more finals at Melbourne's home ground in the past 3 seasons than the Demons have in the past 18. Back to back straight sets is Melbourne's singular notable MCG achievement in finals since 2001. I don't think any other side has achieved that in the AFL era.

Have you been cryogenically frozen or something? What are you hoping will happen, they’ll retrospectively suspend him two games after he’s already played Adelaide and Fremantle for passing out in a pub?
hah, yeah been super busy, that's why I come here, for all you boffins to help me!

so how many games did he miss for disciplinary reasons?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Saints v Cats - AFL Rd 23, 2024 - Sat August 17th 7:30pm - (Marvel)

Back