Autopsy Saints v Cats - AFL Rd 23, 2024 - Sat August 17th 7:30pm - (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

hah, yeah been super busy, that's why I come here, for all you boffins to help me!

so how many games did he miss for disciplinary reasons?

What are they going to suspend him for? And no this isn’t me saying he didn’t do anything wrong but no one has been able to say what he’s done aside from pass out so what grounds can they suspend him for? They don’t have a drinking ban or a curfew so barring a ‘bringing the club into disrepute’ rule or something if we are happy to give him a pull your head in caution I don’t really see why he would get suspended

It really breaks their programming when a Ross Lyon side outscores theirs.
Especially when their narrative surrounding Ross is "he cant kick a winning score". Pretty sure we kicked over 100 points against a very good backline.

Darcy Wilson
Hunter Clark
Zak Jones
Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera
Jack Higgins
Paddy Dow

All taken 18 or higher in their respective drafts. There’s another #19 in there who I’ve already forgotten about

Half a team of first rounders is a gross exaggeration though
I wasn't disputing the fact we have first rounders in the team, it was more that we have half a team of first rounders.

Why? Because we lost? Mate, where is your team on the ladder? You playing finals this year? Enjoy your grand final win. You won't be playing in or winning a real one with Ross at the helm.

You willingly let this parasite back in your club. Enjoy the few wins at the back end of the season while your club continues to not win anything while playing insipid, scared, defeatist football for much of the year. My comments existed outside of the result. I wanted to turn the game off when Geelong were up by 3 goals, it was so ****ing boring.

You have half a team of first rounders in your side and have been building forever. We have been up the top for years with old players and a bunch of late draft picks and rookie selections. You should beat us up. You should also be where we are on the ladder. Why aren't you? Look at the smug prick in the box and the pathetic football he has you playing.
Rich coming from a supporter of a club coached by Chris Scott

surprise afl GIF

One of the nicest and most charitable people in the AFL community?
The guy who didn’t take a salary during Covid so other coaches and staff could keep their jobs?

Not sure what your point is and I’m not even a huge Scotty fan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it? Because Scotty makes some facial expressions in the box.
Far as I know, Geelong has not reached any six-figure settlements with female staff members for sexual harassment cases against Scott. Freo and Ross Lyon however... But Saints are a different club. Nothing like that ever went on when Ross was at the Saints last time...

And Lyon is mighty smug for a guy who has been in the caper as long as he has with nothing to show for it. Looks like a guy who knows he's very good at tricking club executives and fans.

What on earth happened to you? Used to be one of the best and most fun football board contributors.

Now bitter and defensive over Ross Lyon of all people. And throwing around a champing to boot.
It's more your prolific posting of how bad Ross Lyon's football is, you're fully prepared to die on that hill, and it's a pleasure to see him and his players lob another grenade in your direction.

It's more your prolific posting of how bad Ross Lyon's football is, you're fully prepared to die on that hill, and it's a pleasure to see him and his players lob another grenade in your direction.
Enjoy your success. 2024 is certainly another season where RTB and the St. Kilda football club have proved all the haters wrong. Congratulations.

He really has sucked you all in hasn't he. Pity, saints fans deserve some success but have forgone that for the next few years.

Why? Because we lost? Mate, where is your team on the ladder? You playing finals this year? Enjoy your grand final win. You won't be playing in or winning a real one with Ross at the helm.

You willingly let this parasite back in your club. Enjoy the few wins at the back end of the season while your club continues to not win anything while playing insipid, scared, defeatist football for much of the year. My comments existed outside of the result. I wanted to turn the game off when Geelong were up by 3 goals, it was so ****ing boring.

You have half a team of first rounders in your side and have been building forever. We have been up the top for years with old players and a bunch of late draft picks and rookie selections. You should beat us up. You should also be where we are on the ladder. Why aren't you? Look at the smug prick in the box and the pathetic football he has you playing.
Why are there so many Cats fans here livid about Ross Lyon and his football? Who made these guys such footy puritans? Infamous Cats fan Gerard Wheatley is the same, regularly telling the 360 viewers just how unwatchable Saints games are. Hope he's not feeling too forlorn tonight. Looking forward to his analysis of the game behind gritted teeth on Monday.

I find it odd it's specifically Geelong supporters. Ross Lyon lives rent free in so many of their heads, it's no wonder he got into the real estate biz.

He really has sucked you all in hasn't he. Pity, saints fans deserve some success but have forgone that for the next few years.
Nust to change the subject and honestly not to bait you, just asking in good faith: if Chris Scott left at the end of the year, who would you expect to be Geelong's ideal replacement for coach?

Why are there so many Cats fans here livid about Ross Lyon and his football? Who made these guys such footy puritans? Infamous Cats fan Gerard Wheatley is the same, regularly telling the 360 viewers just how unwatchable Saints games are. Hope he's not feeling too forlorn tonight. Looking forward to his analysis of the game behind gritted teeth on Monday.

I find it odd it's specifically Geelong supporters. Ross Lyon lives rent free in so many of their heads, it's no wonder he got into the real estate biz.

Disclaimer: I actually don’t have a problem with his style. I don’t like any style of football over another. I can get as much pleasure out of a low scoring game as I can from a high scoring one so long as there’s intensity to it and pressure. Doesn’t bother me. It’s probably the league fan in me where defence is just as entertaining as attack

But as a general observer of how people talk about him I don’t think it’s limited to Cats fans.

Nust to change the subject and honestly not to bait you, just asking in good faith: if Chris Scott left at the end of the year, who would you expect to be Geelong's ideal replacement for coach?
Would be impossible to answer. We have a club hierarchy of list manager, head recruiter, footy GM, CEO and president that believe in the principles of never bottoming out, always trying to contend.

So we'd need a coach that is on board with that and because that limits access to high end talent it'd need to be someone, or a team of coaches that are good at developing players, being willing to try players and persist with them. Not be a coach that's wedded to a game style that relies on personnel. Would need to be a coach whose style is flexible and changes based on the structure of the team that the draft and trade period provides. Would need to be someone not afraid to experiment with positional changes to maximise players later in the draft that would clearly have exposable flaws.

Finding someone who ticks those boxes wouldn't be easy.

It must be demoralising for Cats supporters talking up Chris Scott as the great attacking coach and he gets beaten at his own game in the second half by boring old defensive Ross Lyon.

He isn't called Ross the Boss for no reason, he taught Chris Scott a coaching lesson tonight and it was don't mess with the best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Saints v Cats - AFL Rd 23, 2024 - Sat August 17th 7:30pm - (Marvel)

Back