Preview Hawks vs Lions – Rd 13 - Sat 10th June – 1:45pm – MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would rather we beat these 2 again, and lose 2 other random games. That will give us more confidence against other top teams, and help build the aura of our team.

Edit: just looked at our remaining draw. Tough finish to the year, with no easy beats except West Coast and (not so much) Hawthorn. Every other game we can conceivable lose, without playing terribly.
We are pretty damn good at the gabba, and other sides are intimidated by it.

Geelong and saints are a test there but really should win the other 3 comfortably

I would rather we beat these 2 again, and lose 2 other random games. That will give us more confidence against other top teams, and help build the aura of our team.

Edit: just looked at our remaining draw. Tough finish to the year, with no easy beats except West Coast and (not so much) Hawthorn. Every other game we can conceivable lose, without playing terribly.
How about

• Freo (Perth)?
  • Saints (Marvel)?

MCG game and Hawthorn have looked pretty decent over the last three weeks. After the talks a fortnight ago about how we should definitely win against the Crows (though admittedly the danger game idea was thrown around) I would very much just like to get four points again and then up the expectations the next week.

11 years since we played Hawthorn at the MCG, in front of a crowd.

Incredible fixturing. Actually excited to go to this one as it's a rarity.

PAYNE BACK :)

Brisbane will regain the services of Jack Payne to face the Hawks after he missed the pre-bye loss to Adelaide with concussion.
giphy.gif

So how do we limit the damage Gunstons opponent will do on the wide expanses of the MCG?
Pretty sure they will put Sicily on him which will be bad because he is a great intercept mark but not particularly quick these days I wouldn’t have thought. Appears to have lost a bit of pace after his ACL but still substantially quicker than Gunston.

A
Pretty sure they will put Sicily on him which will be bad because he is a great intercept mark but not particularly quick these days I wouldn’t have thought. Appears to have lost a bit of pace after his ACL but still substantially quicker than Gunston.
And he's coming off a rest (suspension) after a sneaky 43 possessions v the Saints...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We rush the ball forward off half back and have Gunston 1 out inside 50. He leads up the ball carrier only for Sicily to run around him like Ballard did and mark infront of the leading forward. Hawthorn's wings and half back set off into space and get the ball from Siciliy. Our back line completely out of structure can't stop them from scoring an easy goal

So you're saying our only hope is that Sicily does another ACL then? ;)

Sicily would run rings around Gunston.

But funnily enough Sicily probably plays on McCarthy and floats off.

Did it against St Kilda and had 43.

Weddle will play on Gunston. Which will be an exploit of Gunston defensively.

Gunston is still a smart gun player so he could find himself some form. Hopefully, love the bloke.

Sicily would run rings around Gunston.

But funnily enough Sicily probably plays on McCarthy and floats off.

Did it against St Kilda and had 43.

Weddle will play on Gunston. Which will be an exploit of Gunston defensively.

Gunston is still a smart gun player so he could find himself some form. Hopefully, love the bloke.

Can we swap him for Breust?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back