Autopsy Hawks vs Port featuring the Great Escape

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watching the last quarter of the prelim - I'm not going to get any work done this week :p

That Monfries free was a disgrace. Monfries simply jumped into Gibbo and flopped. Terrible decision and it was game changing.
Wingard goal was amazing.
Ceglars last 10 minutes was not good - missed pass to Hill. Dropped marks. No composure. No urgency.
Pole goal was amazing - too good.
Hawks just lost all composure. They stopped.
In the back free against Rough was a joke :eek: As was the too high free against Spangher.
Jonah made no effort so technically the Hodge HTB was there. Holding the man to Hodge was there anyway.
Siren sounded good :D

Lake gets full marks as does Mitchell and Hodge. Not many others contributed much in that last 10 minutes.

Just watching the last quarter of the prelim - I'm not going to get any work done this week :p

That Monfries free was a disgrace. Monfries simply jumped into Gibbo and flopped. Terrible decision and it was game changing.
Wingard goal was amazing.
Ceglars last 10 minutes was not good - missed pass to Hill. Dropped marks. No composure. No urgency.
Pole goal was amazing - too good.
Hawks just lost all composure. They stopped.
In the back free against Rough was a joke :eek: As was the too high free against Spangher.
Jonah made no effort so technically the Hodge HTB was there. Holding the man to Hodge was there anyway.
Siren sounded good :D

Lake gets full marks as does Mitchell and Hodge. Not many others contributed much in that last 10 minutes.

We really missed Lewis late in the game in my opinion, needed him around the contest in the middle.

We really missed Lewis late in the game in my opinion, needed him around the contest in the middle.

The Hawks did not get to the outside at all. Port destroyed them on the spread. Did not apply enough pressure on the inside either. I'm happy to call it as a lapse thinking they had already won it. Still, it was not pretty. Full credit to Port who simply rolled the dice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope. Just need a bigger body in the contest! He then releases Mitch to do his thing!

The Hawks were beaten on the inside in the inside in the last 10 minutes. Sewell could help that assuming he gets to the contests, but having Lewis fixes it as well.

The Hawks were smashed on the spread. Sewell does not make one difference to that problem.

The Hawks were beaten on the inside in the inside in the last 10 minutes. Sewell could help that assuming he gets to the contests, but having Lewis fixes it as well.

The Hawks were smashed on the spread. Sewell does not make one difference to that problem.

Lewis and Shiels were both off injured in those final chaotic minutes. That's very significant.

If you can stand watching Barrett and Lyon for 30 seconds, check out this video from the 3 minutes mark to see the unique setup Port implemented half way through the fourth.

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-09-22/crows-could-go-to-worsfold-ryder-to-gws

Essentially they lined up all their defenders at the back of the square for the center ball-ups and just all just charged through the middle, a masterstroke by Hinkley.

There were a couple of lucky bounces, and errors by our guys which helped, and if those didn't happen we would have had a quicg avenue to goal. Just wasn't to be.

If Ceglar had of hit Hill up the game was iced. That was a horrendous kick.

Yep, that was a game defining moment.

Hits Hill, and he goes back and kicks it. We are up by 34, its game over.

Terrible kick, pathetic effort from Hill.

Yep, that was a game defining moment.

Hits Hill, and he goes back and kicks it. We are up by 34, its game over.

Terrible kick, pathetic effort from Hill.

I think some had mentally switched off to an extent at that point of the game, whilst that is very disappointing it is understandable and I wouldn't think there would be any switching off this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawks vs Port featuring the Great Escape

Remove this Banner Ad

Back