Autopsy Hawks vs The Tania & Jimmy Hird Peptides

Remove this Banner Ad

Roughead in my opinion.

I wouldn't burden him with it. There are players that relish leadership and those that can be saddled by it - as much as I lough Roughie I feel he'd be in the latter category.

I wouldn't burden him with it. There are players that relish leadership and those that can be saddled by it - as much as I lough Roughie I feel he'd be in the latter category.
Agree. Neither roughies or lewis's record in big games is very flash. Both generally go missing - which for me puts a query on whether they are captain material. There's been big wraps on mcevoys character - if hodge can stick around another 2 years as captain (body permitting) then the field might be wider than just rough or lewis. Also in 2 years time we might be in rebuild mode and someone like langford could be an option. No point worrying about it now - enjoy the win!

Birchall would by my choice.

I like birch but I just don't see him as captain
I think ruff or birch but both need to show a little more when the time comes. At this stage tazz would have his neck in front

cheney is sloppy below his knees and lets the ball go behind him too often..there was a loose ball contest between he and Ambrose late in the last quarter and cheney did not go in low and hard, ambrose did and he scored a goal….cheney needs a rocket up his ass, get desperate and go in hard otherwise never get a game

Lewis also needs to pull his finger out
Mate he is a DEPTH player...........DEPTH, DEPTH......

I bet nobody was whinging about his performance in the first 2 Qtrs under the high ball against much taller opponents. He is stuck at an avg height without the pace, or agility, to play on the nippy mid/small forwards, yet burn him for being found out in this regard once or twice, meanwhile he stopped them marking the ball dead in front how many times in the first 2 Qtrs??

Gezzzzzzz..........

He knows where he's at, does he drop his head at his lack height, or blistering pace, or does he have a go with what he has got??

This post for all the Cheney bashers!! SHOVE IT, SHOVE IT, we still effing WON!!

I'm just waiting for all the media buffoons to talk up how brave Essendon were taking it up to the reigning premiers...

Conveniently they will not focus on all the outs we had..

I think it has been well publicised already and the bombers did go more than okay

Can't believe it..... turned the TV on this morning and guess what I heard? "Thats the first time Paul Chapman has lost to the Hawks in 10 games"[/quote]
Never, ever, did I think I would be pressing repaet to watch a Paum Chapman goal over and over. However, I have watched his goal that gave them a 9 point lead, with just 3 minutes to go several times now. WHY? Because at that very happy Thatman, and Essendon assumed they had the game won. They didn't even see the need to flood their backline. All this made the next three minutes some of the best TV ever.

Fair to say when Hodge Mitchell and Sewell aren't playing our leaders become Burgoyne, Lewis and Rioli and they held it together when the sky was falling in. Special mention to Brad Hill and Will Langford for running out the game to the very end, just before Rioli kicks the goal he gets a smart handball from Hill going through traffic - how many thought that could happen a year ago?

I had the same thought about King AND Voss...I was pleased that Maclure spoke well about us. At least two of that panel picked Hodgey as the best Captain, but McGuire and Voss???( I think )picked Watson as the best captain. Maclure & Lynch picked Hodgey. McGuire detests the Hawks,just like 90% of commentators on all media. King is a smart arse, last year he picked Freo to win the P/Ship. He has never given us any credit, no matter how much we win by,or lose,( not often)Up your ginger King:mad::thumbsdown: next week he will be impossible to listen to,praising the dockers,knocking us.TG for the mute button. Is it jealousy from many journalists / commentators?
McGuire,Voss,King,Healy,Russell, Taylor,etc,etc, Not many have time for our club,why do they detest us?I would love to take the cup and hold it up in front of those idiots,and rub it in...specially King and Healy.Ok I got that off my chest. End of my grudge..:)

Channel 7 was even worse last night. If Essendon did anything remotely good then Bruce sounded like he was going to need some paper towels. Whenever we replied - and especially towards the end of the game - it was comments like "oh Hawthorn just keep winning don't they" said with the enthusiasm of a funeral director. I don't get why the Football media seem to adore Geelong for being consistently good over a long period of time but seem to be equally bored by us doing the same. There must have been a lot of these commentators who got sore by us rolling their teams through the 70s and 80s and they just can't let the grudge go.

Fair to say when Hodge Mitchell and Sewell aren't playing our leaders become Burgoyne, Lewis and Rioli and they held it together when the sky was falling in. Special mention to Brad Hill and Will Langford for running out the game to the very end, just before Rioli kicks the goal he gets a smart handball from Hill going through traffic - how many thought that could happen a year ago?
Hill's greatest strength is how quick he thinks, not how far he can run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm just waiting for all the media buffoons to talk up how brave Essendon were taking it up to the reigning premiers...

Conveniently they will not focus on all the outs we had..
That is good in my book. Put the spotlight and all the pressure on them. Hopefully we get a good ride under the radar this year as the Freo lovefest continued after the collingwood thrashing and the bombers will be the talking point from last night.

Pfft ok... If we were close to full strength I wouldn't expect less than 10 goal victory against the injectors..

You obviously weren't listening to SEN about 5 minutes ago

That is good in my book. Put the spotlight and all the pressure on them. Hopefully we get a good ride under the radar this year as the Freo lovefest continued after the collingwood thrashing and the bombers will be the talking point from last night.
We are well under the radar. Essendon and Freo will get all the press for the first few months.

We will probably lose next week.

We have won two games out of two. A perfect record to date, but everyone is talking about Essendon who have only won half the number of games.

Go for it media, I love it.

Pfft ok... If we were close to full strength I wouldn't expect less than 10 goal victory against the injectors..

Yeah you're right, i mean we didn't have any players out. :rolleyes:
Big names or not they make up a crucial part of our team.

Don't let your injuries get away from the fact we challenged you last night, and as it pains me to say it, it was a great loss.
And it may be a wakeup call for your own side.

Yeah you're right, i mean we didn't have any players out. :rolleyes:
Big names or not they make up a crucial part of our team.

Don't let your injuries get away from the fact we challenged you last night, and as it pains me to say it, it was a great loss.
And it may be a wakeup call for your own side.

WTF is it with opposition supporters debating on our forum?

You had your say, you lost, move on.

There are other places on the forum to speak your mind.

Haven't been through the whole thread but what I have seen is a lot of comment on our depth.

Is our depth good enough? How do we know because at least two of the first cabs off the rank as replacements were not playing? Put Spangher and Anderson in that team and an immediate difference is noted. Another mid and a tall KP.

So really our outs were
Lake
Schoenmakers
Sewell
Mitchell
Stratton
Whitecross
Spangher
Anderson
Hodge in the second half.
Can Grimley be added ?

Three of the above are front line defenders, two utilities one of which would be the first player chosen as a replacement down back, two are front line mids and the other probably the first player chosen as a replacement mid and then there is our captain in the second half.

Roughead and Hale are playing on one foot and Lewis has some problem with breathing.

After Lewis the most experienced mid is Shiels 22 and 81 games. If Rioli is regarded as a mid 24 and 121 games. Other examples Hill 20 29 games, Langford 21 2 games, Bruest 23 66 games. Simpkin, Smith and Puopolo are mature men but have played 143 games between them.

And let's not forget the players we are yet to see

Woodward
Heatherly
Lowden
Brand
Hallahan

With the possible exception of Brand all are expected to be vital reserves at least and possibly better than the ones already mentioned. Reports indicate that Heatherly will be in the side after half a season at Box Hill.

So, and I am probably going to be mangled here, Cheney and Litherland were there to simply to make up the numbers because others were not available, coming back from injury or still injured and O'Brien to get a feel for the big time.

I said to General Knowall before the game that if we win tonight we will win the Premiership. Well we won. My only concern is the collateral damage that we will suffer if we are forced to play injured players.

Essendon's only big out, and it is a big out, was Bellchambers. Wonderful is best 22 but the others would not get a game with the top four clubs.

What does all this mean. Buggered if I know. My finance controller is nagging me to do some work and to get out of that I just thought I would pretend to be writing the great Australian novel. Which will probably be even more boring than the above.

I am surprised - perhaps I shouldn't be surprised - that Bomber Thompson hasn't been in any firing line. Didn't he introduce the main pharmaceutical cheer leaders / cocktail shakers as he had known them from his Geelong days? Or am I completely off the mark? Last night in the coaches box he looked more like the cat who ate the canary.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawks vs The Tania & Jimmy Hird Peptides

Remove this Banner Ad

Back