No Oppo Supporters Hawthorn’s 2019 Trade/FA - Targets/Incoming players discussion only - Next Part

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

God some of you people love a whinge.

Cogs: good on him for re-signing. Conspiracy? Load of sh#t. What made you so sure he was interested in us more at any stage, really? You just choose to believe some reports and deride others. As if Gil gave him some sneaky payment: GWS have tons of cap space, they offloaded lots of players of late and have a lot of meh players that don’t chew up much cash. He’s a loyal type, clearly. Grow up.

Brad Hill: love him. But what trade currency do we have? And are any of you truly annoyed at him for wanting the most money possible? Do any of you people take unders at your workplaces?

187cm, smooth moving, excellent left-foot kick. Originally played as a rebounding defender when he arrived, he transitioned to the midfield at VFL level, where he's been very good, but hasn't worked out at AFL yet.

He had a serious neck injury last year didn't help, but made a strong comeback in the VFL this year. Just as he was pushing for selection in the seniors in round 9, he fractured his fibula which kept him out for a couple of months. Finishing the year off well though, and is a regular in the VFL bests. I think we should re-rookie him if he's on the chopping block, but he'd obviously prefer a senior list spot if he gets an offer.

Clarko likes this post.

So it’s looking like Rough, Birch, Silk, Issie and Shoey all to go. That will chance the look and feel of the list big time.

After Issie’s last month or so, that makes me sad.

I feel like we have been playing our best footy when he’s cracking jokes in the huddle and getting everyone up and about that way.

Here’s where your argument falls apart. They didn’t need anything of the sort. They just chose to do this to piss in the NRL’s letterbox.

All they’ve done in both markets is disected fan bases and set up crap, soulless franchises.

The NRL has 1 team in Melbourne and zero in Adelaide and Perth. Why, then, did the AFL *need* another two teams in unfriendly markets where they already struggled for relevancy? They ******* didn’t and it was pigheaded arrogance that saw them expand this way when Tassie (which would have cost the AFL just as much as one of the plastic franchises while they bleat about feasibility) is a perfect fit for a team and you could have based another team in WA or SA. Hell even a Riverina/ACT team would make more sense than Western ******* Sydney.

Gold Coast and GWS were the dumbest mistakes the AFL have ever made and successful clubs like ours have to pay the price in multiple ways.

fu** the AFL, fu** Mustardman and fu** those plastic wastes of licenses.

That’s your point of view.

The AFL’s point of view, and indeed charter, is to grow the game in order to grow profits. If that’s your point of view then having a presence in the country's most populated and fastest growing states is mandatory. More eyeballs gives it the ability to sign $1bn broadcast deals which, among other things, pays the players and keeps the show going.

I might not like it but I accept it makes sense. Some of it has even been exciting - something else to passionately crap on about.

After Issie’s last month or so, that makes me sad.

I feel like we have been playing our best footy when he’s cracking jokes in the huddle and getting everyone up and about that way.

Maybe add Poppy to this group too...

When I try and pick the best 22 fi next year, looks to me like we should be focusing on a few small forwards and a key defender.

Any available?

The AFL’s point of view, and indeed charter, is to grow the game in order to grow profits. If that’s your point of view then having a presence in the country's most populated and fastest growing states is mandatory. More eyeballs gives it the ability to sign $1bn broadcast deals which, among other things, pays the players and keeps the show going.

I might not like it but I accept it makes sense. Some of it has even been exciting - something else to passionately crap on about.

Victoria is the fastest growing state.

The Suns and Giants have just cannibalised support in Sydney and SEQ. TV ratings still lag in the northern states.

You could have gone to 18 teams for TV rights purposes and selling 9 games a round with sides that would actually have fanbases who would watch the games and possibly generate away crowds rather than anaemic MCG/Marvel away crowds and even worse home crowds when they play at home.

The Giants and Suns will never be successful in their own right and will never grow the game to any extent where it will justify the vast capital outlay.

Next you’ll be telling me the NRL should start a second Melbourne team, despite the fact that the Storm have been a dominant side for almost 15 years and most Melbournians couldn’t name more than 2 players.

Cogs: good on him for re-signing. Conspiracy? Load of sh#t. What made you so sure he was interested in us more at any stage, really? You just choose to believe some reports and deride others. As if Gil gave him some sneaky payment: GWS have tons of cap space, they offloaded lots of players of late and have a lot of meh players that don’t chew up much cash. He’s a loyal type, clearly. Grow up.

Ah, yes. The old whinge about the whingers.

And by “sneaky payment” I assume you’re talking about the AFL ambassador role with accompanying pay cheque (of unknown value)?

Your barely literate unfounded assertions really do raise the tone of the thread. Thanks for polluting it with your keyboard diarrhoea.

They didn't try too hard to stop Lynch (Captain) walking to Richmond last year though.

But then I s'pose it's good for the game as the 9'ers have 100,000 members

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s a loyal type, clearly. Grow up.

Yup, he’s so loyal that he loyally became a distraction *all* season. I mean signing this late in the piece couldn’t possibly be about extracting every bit of coin that he could out of the AFLGWS.

If he was loyal he’d have signed last year, like multiple other players who’ve done deals the year before they hit free agency.

Brad Hill: love him. But what trade currency do we have? And are any of you truly annoyed at him for wanting the most money possible? Do any of you people take unders at your workplaces?

CF4DD380-C827-41A7-9C2B-67B73A0CFCCF.gif

You’re right mate. Melbourne never tanked, Essendon never doped, Gil had no impact on Coniglio and the earth is flat.

🙌

Troll account be gone.

I love the implication that a persons loyalty means that they can’t also look to get a better deal than the first one offered up

Anyway I’m over the whinging about the Cogs deal. Not so much has really changed in that supporters and clubs seem to have no issue shafting a player by either attempting to offload them, offer them up for trades or just delist them but god forbid a player look out for what’s best for him financially

You’re right mate. Melbourne never tanked, Essendon never doped, Gil had no impact on Coniglio and the earth is flat.

🙌
Can we not mention Jaeger’s best buddy anymore. Move on. Let him play in front of 9000 disinterested patrons every 2nd week. Good riddens. Let’s talk about possible players who would really love to come and play for the greatest Aussie Rules team of the last 50 years with the greatest coach of the modern era.

I love the implication that a persons loyalty means that they can’t also look to get a better deal than the first one offered up

Anyway I’m over the whinging about the Cogs deal. Not so much has really changed in that supporters and clubs seem to have no issue shafting a player by either attempting to offload them, offer them up for trades or just delist them but god forbid a player look out for what’s best for him financially

Being a distraction to your team all year isn’t the act of a loyal person. I don’t begrudge anyone getting more money for themselves - viva capitalism.

If you want to see loyalty though - there are dozens of big name players who happily sign on the dotted line the year before their free agency. That’s loyalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back