No Oppo Supporters Hawthorn’s 2019 Trade/FA - Targets/Incoming players discussion only - Next Part

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shut the fu** up about coniglio already Jesus Christ get over it. This thread is for players who are possible additions to our fantastic club.
Yeah, incoming targets only.

Coniglio chat about his AFL money doesn’t belong in here.

This is the longest week of the year. No footy on so all the media focus right in on the trade stuff and there is rumors everywhere that most likely dont eventuate. Once the footy starts next week it surely settles for a few weeks then by the time we get to the period between the Grand Final and the actual Free Agency/Trade Period these rumors will likely be more accurate. This week though...snail pace and frustrating

I personally wouldn't mind Webb. I thought he looked good in the early days- nice kick, goes hard, has a bit of campaigner about him.

His injuries have been varied and pretty rough- deserves a clean go at it.

Hill's manager would certainly like him to land at the saints since that means a bigger cut and he's the one whose been saying the Hawks aren't in the running.

Lets say the 900k is right from the Saints how close to that would or should we go ?

If we could get Greenwood and Hill for what we were gonna pay for Cogs that's a win imo. Especially since we would have almost certainly had to trade for Cogs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, I’m told that Hill would be fine with landing back at Hawthorn, his manager though wants a payday.

This seems so wrong to me. You should not be allowed to be a player manager if you try to convince your player to do anything or put your own interests first. You are there purely as a sounding board for ideas and then for communication and negotiation with clubs that the player asks you to undertake.

Surely we would be interested in carlisle again and/or josh walker? What would they cost?

Cedric Cox has untapped potential good disposal on both sides, good replacement while impey is out.

Sam Powell pepper could thrive under clarko too, especially after missing out on cogs.

This seems so wrong to me. You should not be allowed to be a player manager if you try to convince your player to do anything or put your own interests first. You are there purely as a sounding board for ideas and then for communication and negotiation with clubs that the player asks you to undertake.

Having worked in an industry that it is legislated that you must act in the client’s best interest - it really doesn’t matter if you make such a thing mandated. If someone can make a bit more at the expense of someone else and they’re unethical - they’ll act that way regardless of any mandated rules.

Surely we would be interested in carlisle again and/or josh walker? What would they cost?

Cedric Cox has untapped potential good disposal on both sides, good replacement while impey is out.

Sam Powell pepper could thrive under clarko too, especially after missing out on cogs.

Won't happen we've deemed him cooked.

Yep, I’m told that Hill would be fine with landing back at Hawthorn, his manager though wants a payday.
I heard Liam Pickering on SEN say that the standard commission on contracts is 4% over the life of the contract. The difference to the manager can't really be more than around $10k a year if the difference between the offers is $300k. Having said that, I'd encourage my wife to change jobs for $10k a year.

Edit: the $300k is just an example figure not based on anything

I’d go as high as 800k however I think the issue will be more what Freo want for him. I don’t think it’s Hilly’s manager that is against him coming back to Hawthorn as I think it is Freo not wanting to trade him back to us as they know we did them a solid by trading him for unders. Yeah the manager would want a bigger cut by the higher salary but he’s also want a happy client too. I just think Freo want the biggest return on their asset and by avoiding us they can do that.

Simple fact is that we do not have anything that Freo will accept for Hill. Giving away 2 first rounders would be irresponsible and 1 would not be enough.

Yet we gave him up for a 2nd rounder whilst contracted, probably the worst trade we've made in the last 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back