Hawthorn’s 2019 Trade/FA - Targets/Incoming players discussion only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three incidents that have hit the press while at Freo actually. Booted from a flight in 2017 afrer mixing alcohol and sleeping tablets, nightclub brawl in 2018 and then being booted from a pub on NYE 2018 for being too drunk. That last incident was only 7 months ago when he was coming into a one year deal and had to know any dick moves would see him gone.

He also had an incident at a JLT game this year where he was confronted by a group of people including a known bikie. Apparently he didn’t start this incident but it would seem that he’s associating with some nefarious types.

If you think we can wave a magic wand and make all of that disappear - then I admire your faith in our club. Personally I think he’s too far gone and I’d prefer to gamble on a rookie list pick than taking him as a DFA.
Not to mention pulling his cousin out of a quarter time huddle during a colts game to give advice while fully shitfaced.

Not to mention pulling his cousin out of a quarter time huddle during a colts game to give advice while fully s**tfaced.
Nah, that just shows commitment.

Woulda been pretty easy for him to stay in the stands & grab another beer but to stagger down the steps & onto the field to give the young kid a rev-up... that shows a self-less, team-first attitude!

Nah, that just shows commitment.

Woulda been pretty easy for him to stay in the stands & grab another beer but to stagger down the steps & onto the field to give the young kid a rev-up... that shows a self-less, team-first attitude!

Future captain.

I love your confidence but I can’t see how it’s worth the risk... humans are still humans and often your peers have the most impact on you, especially young and impressionable kids who have discovered social status. And as you often put it, “footballers aren’t the smartest guys going around”.
Looking at Bennell’s issues and backing ourselves in to get the best out of him would be little different to looking at Scully’s ankle and backing our team in to get him right.

He’s either salvageable or he is not.

We either see a player that our medicos/culture/leadership can harness the best of, or we don’t.

We would no doubt be asking the question.

Looking at Bennell’s issues and backing ourselves in to get the best out of him would be little different to looking at Scully’s ankle and backing our team in to get him right.

He’s either salvageable or he is not.

We either see a player that our medicos/culture/leadership can harness the best of, or we don’t.

We would no doubt be asking the question.

According to an article I read today when the Tigers were looking at him upon his exit at the Suns they asked Dusty for his take on him and he replied that he was ‘too loose’. The fact that he’s now had 4 incidents with alcohol since then that we know about it doesn’t really make a case for him.

I have a habit of backing in the club - but if they go for Bennell I’ll be doing so with all the reservations.

According to an article I read today when the Tigers were looking at him upon his exit at the Suns they asked Dusty for his take on him and he replied that he was ‘too loose’. The fact that he’s now had 4 incidents with alcohol since then that we know about it doesn’t really make a case for him.

I have a habit of backing in the club - but if they go for Bennell I’ll be doing so with all the reservations.
So what your saying is Dusty was worried about losing his bad boy crown 🤷‍♂️

Can’t believe we re still going on about Harley Bennell. IF we do (and a seriously doubt we will) take a chance on Bennell, it would reek of desperation on our behalf. The ship has well and truly sailed of the most recent player who we (and other clubs) should have taken a punt on - Sydney Stack. Kudos to Richmond, very little risk initially but now enjoying a huge upside with a bona fide gun.

That's like Steven Adler getting booted out of Guns n Roses for drug abuse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don't honestly believe this do you?

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Outside of Collingwood, yes I do absolutely believe that. I have been to quite a few of the business luncheons and networking events that the club runs and we have some of the most brilliant operators engaged with the club, from media to law to medicine to business executives. Have you been to any of these events? Do you know some of the credible Hawk supporters and board members?

Mate, what other club could have you walking into Vandenberg Wine post-football?

Vanders is a legitimate entrepreneur of the highest order, not only him but guys like Stephen Lawrence, Daniel Elstone, Chris Langford, Michael Osbourne and Paul Salmon are all ex players who have leveraged club contacts and networks in order to become extremely successful in business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back