Hawthorn’s 2019 Trade/FA - Targets/Incoming players discussion only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing has changed boys, he is coming to hawthorn. We have our man. Take it to the bank now.
Let the boys in bluemour keep shouting me down and throwing cheap shots my way. Will be announced that coniglio is leaving GWS at the end of their season and following GF we will be nominated.
In case anyone is sceptical I can assure you all I am certainly not an opposition fan or a troll just a passionate hawk who is a long time reader of bigfooty who has very important information regarding our future quest for more silverware and have obviously decided to share it.

Posting on behalf of one of our regular posters who didn't want to post this under their own username.

"Spoke to a well known Melbourne sports journo this morning, told him my thoughts on Gill. He said his mail was that Cogs is coming our way and AFL aren’t happy campers about this outcome.
He also added that this is not the first time Gil has tried to put himself between a club and Hawthorn!"
I suspected something strange was up in the Jaegar trade. Gold Coast had their demands, we did a lopsided trade with stkilda so that we could get the currency then they wouldn't do the deal. Likely because the AFL wanted him to stay or go to Essendon so told them to up it. We then couldn't do the trade because we needed to have a 2nd round pick to meet draft rules...then SOS gave us a gift.

Why would Carlton do that if not as an FU to the AFL for trying to mess with trades.

Also the Sheil thing seemed odd. Was out of contract all year many clubs had spoken to him but unlike in the past were a player will nominate a club he said nothing till midway through trade period and was still meeting with clubs during that time.

Nothing has changed boys, he is coming to hawthorn. We have our man. Take it to the bank now.
Let the boys in bluemour keep shouting me down and throwing cheap shots my way. Will be announced that coniglio is leaving GWS at the end of their season and following GF we will be nominated.
In case anyone is sceptical I can assure you all I am certainly not an opposition fan or a troll just a passionate hawk who is a long time reader of bigfooty who has very important information regarding our future quest for more silverware and have obviously decided to share it.
Is it wrong for me to say I love you, Nash88?

I suspected something strange was up in the Jaegar trade. Gold Coast had their demands, we did a lopsided trade with stkilda so that we could get the currency then they wouldn't do the deal. Likely because the AFL wanted him to stay or go to Essendon so told them to up it. We then couldn't do the trade because we needed to have a 2nd round pick to meet draft rules...then SOS gave us a gift.

Why would Carlton do that if not as an FU to the AFL for trying to mess with trades.

Also the Sheil thing seemed odd. Was out of contract all year many clubs had spoken to him but unlike in the past were a player will nominate a club he said nothing till midway through trade period and was still meeting with clubs during that time.
Shiel was contracted so was a chance to stay at GWS if a trade could not be done.

If Judd does know he’s not going to just blurt it out in front of a Channel 7 AFL commentator and another club president ffs.

He blurted out that Teague won’t get the head coach position and they don’t want a coach with ‘training wheels’.

Now that's what I'm talking about

That's exactly what an opposition fan or a troll would say. Hmmmm...

Ok everyone Nash88 has calmed us all down no need to OD on Valium....Carlton won't pull a Coniglio out of a hat!

That's exactly what an opposition fan or a troll would say. Hmmmm...

Carl, this is what opposition fans especially Carlton fans want our people to think.
I won’t accept being called an opposition troll however let’s wait til free agency begins and then I’m very happy for my posts and information to be judged.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if Carlton can secure Cogs with Teague and no premiership in 25 years - why do you think we so desparately point to our coach and recent success? Players are motivated by different factors. There is still enough to offer at our club even if we are another year on from our premiership era. If you think there isn't then I feel sad for you.

Charlie Cameron and Lachie Neale both went with the Lions because of Fagan and the young list I am sure. We have Clarko until 2022 at least. If Clarko moves on it is quite clear that Mitchell will take over - he is also strongly regarded as being instrumental in West Coast's flag and will do his apprenticeship under the best coach of all time. We have plenty of up and coming talent and a Brownlow medallist on our list. It's not as if the cupboard is bloody bare for selling points for our club.

I have been hearing the same 'the sky is falling - we are no longer a destination club' on the dawn of every pre-season now. Sorry if I think it is a tad dramatic.

I don't think it would be harder next year as opposed to now, unless we completely bottom out of course and move on our established players like Gunston and Breust.

I'm not suggesting that the sky is falling. I'm just pointing out the obvious. Now best case scenario post Clarko is that the club remains in good hands and is well run, which will mean that the club could lure players.

But right now we have the GOAT and still have 3peat club legends running around on the field. That is surely an enticing prospect, something to consider for established players and young players in particular. It's just obvious that we are in a great window to make moves now, compared to where we may be in five years time. There are too many variables and things that can potentially change, for better or worse.

Carl, this is what opposition fans especially Carlton fans want our people to think.
I won’t accept being called an opposition troll however let’s wait til free agency begins and then I’m very happy for my posts and information to be judged.

Nah, mate, I'm just having a good time. I enjoy your posts and this thread is great entertainment. Your posts sound pretty damned credible to me so I sure hope you're right.

All you can do is pass on your info and then we all cross our fingers and hope it's as solid as you believe it is.

But you're causing one heck of a lot of heartburn on the Carlton trade board and although it would really suck if it turns out you've got bad mail, it's sure fun watching them ride up and down the emotional rollercoaster. (Less fun watching it here. It's just a game, after all.)

I don't think it would be harder next year as opposed to now, unless we completely bottom out of course and move on our established players like Gunston and Breust.

I'm not suggesting that the sky is falling. I'm just pointing out the obvious. Now best case scenario post Clarko is that the club remains in good hands and is well run, which will mean that the club could lure players.

But right now we have the GOAT and still have 3peat club legends running around on the field. That is surely an enticing prospect, something to consider for established players and young players in particular. It's just obvious that we are in a great window to make moves now, compared to where we may be in five years time. There are too many variables and things that can potentially change, for better or worse.

That was all a very long argument to say that you agree with my original point. Glad we got there though.

That’s a valid point, although the way Judd was laughing along with them rather than playing it down makes me think he’s got a reason for his confidence. Either that or he’s counting his chickens bedore they’ve hatched.
Would you trust Judd after his comments on Teague weeks ago, re: coaching at Carlton?

Unfortunately, we won't know whether we can fall in love with Nash88 or not for another 49 days. His mail could be impeccable but we can't be sure for a while yet.

Let's not forget, the re-signing of key players could be due to mail EITHER way. We can speculate all we want but we won't know for sure for another 7 weeks.

Still, I can't tear myself away from this thread.

Unfortunately, we won't know whether we can fall in love with Nash88 or not for another 49 days. His mail could be impeccable but we can't be sure for a while yet.

Let's not forget, the re-signing of key players could be due to mail EITHER way. We can speculate all we want but we won't know for sure for another 7 weeks.

Still, I can't tear myself away from this thread.
I'll find out at the PCM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back