Hawthorn’s 2019 Trade/FA - Targets/Incoming players discussion only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

My contact is still telling me we are not one bit confident he will be at the Hawks next season and are doing plenty of work in other areas. (Whitfield is the name I keep hearing)

Surely the Giants under no circumstance agree to trade Whitfield if Cogs leaves for free agency..... unless that is Lachie tells them I want to return to Victoria now and get me to the Hawks via a trade 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

My contact is still telling me we are not one bit confident he will be at the Hawks next season and are doing plenty of work in other areas. (Whitfield is the name I keep hearing)

Surely the Giants under no circumstance agree to trade Whitfield if Cogs leaves for free agency..... unless that is Lachie tells them I want to return to Victoria now and get me to the Hawks via a trade 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
You’re killing all of us with this talk.. hopefully this injury situation will change the landscape...

Okay so which mod is going to award me my PhD badge :p

FWIW tearing your meniscus still has it's issues. Being a rich athlete and depending on how bad its was torn and more importantly what kind of tear it was he'll likely have it sewn together surgically. Also did you notice the comments on that twitter feed were mainly Carlton fans that think he's going there?

Types of meniscus tears
It’s almost as if you were the first to mention it 🙄

It’s almost as if you were the first to mention it 🙄

Geez I bet your awesome at parties mate. FYI, everyone around here was sure it was an ACL last night and were ready to put him down going as far as saying maybe we should pull our offer off the table. It wasn't an educated guess but rather what I have experienced first hand myself when I tore mine but hey you do you :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whitfield has been the longterm goal for a long time now, will be interesting to see if we have the pieces to trade though. We are in for a strong finish to the year which means that first pick will slide.

Is that good or bad? I know he's got his sources but his strike rate on these calls isn't good by memory.

What was his call on Lynch, Shiel and others?

He had someone different leading the race for Shiel each week from memory.

Yeah cause trading our top 10 pick will be awesome

If we can somehow get over the Cats on Sunday then it might not end up being a top 10 pick or at best the 10th pick. Our run home is Geelong, Brisbane, North, GWS , Suns, West Coast. I think we ave a real shot at winning all those games maybe bar West Coast game. Snagging Whitfield will take more than 1 x first rounder anyways.

If we can somehow get over the Cats on Sunday then it might not end up being a top 10 pick or at best the 10th pick. Our run home is Geelong, Brisbane, North, GWS , Suns, West Coast. I think we ave a real shot at winning all those games maybe bar West Coast game. Snagging Whitfield will take more than 1 x first rounder anyways.
Yeah it will probably take next years 1st too and that’s when it becomes a burden. I think we have to wait till Free Agency 2020 to get him in. If our patchy performances this year have taught us anything is that we desperately need some quality kids in...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back