List Mgmt. Hawthorn 2018 Trade discussion NO OPPOSITION SUPPORTERS Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh hey, I see the AFL website has given a verdict for each clubs trade period already and rated Essendon as having the best trade period in the league, what a surprise. They’re not even trying to hide it anymore.

Missed Gaff, Scully, Martin, Setterfield, Wallis and May. Coughed up two first rounders and 1 mil a year for Shiel...the best.

FWIW I have to say I thought Freo did well, and I like what Melbourne did too.

Freo entered the trade period with picks 6, 77 & 95, and Neale walking out the door.

Turned that into picks 14, 31, 43, 65, Hogan, Lobb, (Conca and Colyer), that is a good trade period for them.

They were also copping a lot of shit throughout but Bell is a lot smarter than those throwing the stones from the outside.

If Scully comes good, we have absolutely shat it in.

Freo have placed themselves in an extremely strong position if they can keep their young midfield, they have a great array of young midfield talent who can grow together. Would love Cerra.

Oh hey, I see the AFL website has given a verdict for each clubs trade period already and rated Essendon as having the best trade period in the league, what a surprise. They’re not even trying to hide it anymore.

Missed Gaff, Scully, Martin, Setterfield, Wallis and May. Coughed up two first rounders and 1 mil a year for Shiel...the best.

FWIW I have to say I thought Freo did well, and I like what Melbourne did too.

Freo entered the trade period with picks 6, 77 & 95, and Neale walking out the door.

Turned that into picks 14, 31, 43, 65, Hogan, Lobb, (Conca and Colyer), that is a good trade period for them.

They were also copping a lot of shit throughout but Bell is a lot smarter than those throwing the stones from the outside.

If Scully comes good, we have absolutely shat it in.
Terry Wallace said Collingwood were top 3 for their draft period, yep apparently two first round picks for a injury plague 29 year old midfielder is a brilliant get, not even considering they're already loaded with midfield talent.

Just harping back to the GW interview on Trade Radio and his point regarding the Scully trade being part of a greater trade for GWS, does anyone else get the feeling there may be something in it for the hawks?

We pick up Scully for peanuts, and the full remaining cash component of his contract he had with GWS (rather than have them pay a portion). This then freed up enough Cap space for GWS to potentially keep Shiel, and play hard ball with * to pick up the 2 first rounders. Would it be possible that on the proviso that GWS receive the two first round picks, GWS would then trade either pick 9 or 11 + a sweetener for Hawk's 2019 1st Round Pick in order for the hawks to get back into this year's draft?

The trading of picks up until draft day really has added another level of complexity to discussion and side deals.

This.

Surely we’ll trade a future to get back into this draft. It ain’t over yet.

Kane Cornes: "I'd rate Hawthorn trade period a D+, they really missed the boat in getting Shiel and Lynch and gave away far too much for their ins....... I strongly believe the AFL need to investigate Hawthorn over the Scully deal, a top four side should not be able to bring in such a high quality player for nothing........ Hawthorn will go backwards next year and finish 16th".
Ha! This has to be made up..?

Terry Wallace said Collingwood were top 3 for their draft period, yep apparently two first round picks for a injury plague 29 year old midfielder is a brilliant get, not even considering they're already loaded with midfield talent.

It is one hell of midfield they have put together...

Grundy
Pendlebury
Beams
Sidebottom
Treloar
Adams
Philips
Sier
Greenwood / Varcoe / Wells
With De Goey and probably Stephenson rotating through.

They needed to go hard for May in this trade period but that is a deep, quality midfield!

It is one hell of midfield they have put together...

Grundy
Pendlebury
Beams
Sidebottom
Treloar
Adams
Philips
Sier
Greenwood / Varcoe / Wells
With De Goey and probably Stephenson rotating through.

They needed to go hard for May in this trade period but that is a deep, quality midfield!
I look at that list and think gee I wonder if we could pinch Sier.

Future first for Gold Coast pick 24, Sydney and North also have some interesting picks I wonder if they think they can trade early third round picks into future seconds.

You do realise doing this means we lack flexibility not having a 2019 1st ? Also if we do happen to miss the 8 we are giving a potential top 10 pick for pick 24 ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would not be trading our 2019 1st what so ever, If we happen to lure Coniglio in 12 months they are going to match and we'd need that 2019 1st round pick as a starting to point, that's just my 2 cents worth.
That’s exactly right!! They have cleaned house enough to match any offer thrown at Cogs or Kelly! Would love Kelly more than any other player crossing over but the starting price will be set at 1.5m and Cogs around 1m!!
Can’t see them both leaving though.

I would not be trading our 2019 1st what so ever, If we happen to lure Coniglio in 12 months they are going to match and we'd need that 2019 1st round pick as a starting to point, that's just my 2 cents worth.

Seems to be the most likely use for it. According to dal santo it could be a top6 pick too

We have a future 2020 pick then, plus this draft runs deep 24 this year is better than 24 next year by quite a margin.

Not according to Mr Wright, pretty sure he said the top 7 or 8 are top quality then it's pretty much like every other draft, this talk of superdraft is being overplayed. Also I doubt we can trade out our 2020 1st if we haven't used a 1st rounder since 2015.

Not according to Mr Wright, pretty sure he said the top 7 or 8 are top quality then it's pretty much like every other draft, this talk of superdraft is being overplayed. Also I doubt we can trade out our 2020 1st if we haven't used a 1st rounder since 2015.
It's a 4 year block not year rolling, so unless they change the rules we're fine.

Had a nice look at the highlight reels and while Shiel and Scully appear to have one 'trick' Wingard has a box of tricks

Question is now how much improvement can we get quickly from Box Hill

Tops is there any chance Cyril comes back & plays next year?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m not an ITK but I know a lot of his mates and family in Darwin, and it seems he is completely done. Might play WAFL as a flyin, but the pull home is too great and to be in the AFL system he’d have to be full time. Hes done everything he can in the AFL.
A man can dream though and I truly hope it’s just these sources rustling my feathers

The only concern I have over our list makeup is the 8-9 30 yearolds regardless of the quality of those players they become forced turnovers in the future thus giving little flexibility when looking at replacements. For example Roughy would require being replaced like for like as we are already screaming out for KPP's. I'm not the best at making my point but say we have the opportunity to get Cogs next year or a Rough replacement how do you strike a balance when no one is likely to fall from our mids and the other is likely to retire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back