List Mgmt. Hawthorn 2018 Trade discussion NO OPPOSITION SUPPORTERS Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reports that Burton is “shattered” by talk of his trade makes No Sense. He has a contract with the Hawks and so he cannot be pushed out. IF the reports of his being offered options are true then they are just that: options. How could anyone be “shattered” by getting an option to stay (pretty much for the rest of his career), or go to another club for as long as he can stand it. Could he demand a higher wage if he goes to Port: I cannot see why not.

Burton holds not only the whip hand but also the broadsword, the machine gun and the bazooka in terms of his future.

And yet he is “shattered”. Utter balderdash.

I tend to agree with you... and i don't trust the sensational media.... but on the other hand Burton is a young man with a lot of credits to his name and i think it is possible it might have blindsided him a little, and likely hurt a little.

Ryan has always been a cocky little shit...maybe the club is a little bit over it, not sure. He was always highly talented at everything he did but, I have to say, a fraction soft.
I thought it may be something like this or maybe concern about his injury long term.

If they don't have any doubts about him surely they wouldn't be offering him up?

The reports that Burton is “shattered” by talk of his trade makes No Sense. He has a contract with the Hawks and so he cannot be pushed out. IF the reports of his being offered options are true then they are just that: options. How could anyone be “shattered” by getting an option to stay (pretty much for the rest of his career), or go to another club for as long as he can stand it. Could he demand a higher wage if he goes to Port: I cannot see why not.

Burton holds not only the whip hand but also the broadsword, the machine gun and the bazooka in terms of his future.

Brilliant post. Absolute games and mis truths being reported here.

Clarko does not wake up one morning and say “hey let’s give Burto a call while he is on Holiday and tell him he is being traded”

If Burton was against it why would a medical team be assessing him in Vegas? He would of told them save your money and do not come over to the US because I am not leaving Hawthorn.

I believe more will come out about this and if Burton is so “shattered” as being reported why have we not heard from him or his manager?

But it’s not that simple. He made friendships and a bond as one of the youngsters to propel hawthorn to the ‘Next’. So, I can understand him having his ego shattered once he was tapped on the shoulder instead of someone else. Port wanting him isn’t the important part here, it’s that the club that took a chance on him, nurtured him through tough times has all of a sudden think you are expendable .
I don’t hear hawthorn tapping hardwick or Sicily on the shoulder.

I thought it may be something like this or maybe concern about his injury long term.

If they don't have any doubts about him surely they wouldn't be offering him up?
Unless they just think Wingard is on a different level to what they think Burton is or can be (which I would agree with)

Trading him does not mean we don’t rate him. But you don’t get a superstar by trading out junk

Geez your committed. What was your assessment of how Chad played?

He had no opponent at stoppages... total free roam.
He didn't man up at stoppages.
He got high tackle numbwea... but because he anticipated, coming in as the second man in a contest. He wasn't tackling around the drop of the ball at stoppages.
He often did the Bruest thing of running through a stoppage, hoping the ball fell his way... playing to instructions... looks good if you pull it off.
He often wasn't used by team mates when available.
He often kicked high and long into the F50... a bit dissapointing.
His touch was excellent.
His speed was good.
His effort throughout the game was consistent.
He was accurate at goal...

Those were my impressions from the weekend. Not a total assessment of him as a player. I worried a bit how little defensive attention he got. A completely different world to Tom Mitchell.

I also watched him in the 2nd game vs Ireland in 2014 under Clarko.... he was incredible. Far more impressive. I think he can get back to that level.

So, should we be bracing ourselves for disappointment re: Scully??
A lot of murmurings getting louder and louder that another club is going to swoop in late for him...

Brilliant post. Absolute games and mis truths being reported here.

Clarko does not wake up one morning and say “hey let’s give Burto a call while he is on Holiday and tell him he is being traded”

If Burton was against it why would a medical team be assessing him in Vegas? He would of told them save your money and do not come over to the US because I am not leaving Hawthorn.

I believe more will come out about this and if Burton is so “shattered” as being reported why have we not heard from him or his manager?

Isn’t his manager speaking tomorrow (I read that somewhere) and wasn’t the issue Clarko not ringing him to say he was on the trade table.

He’s 21 and waking up to the fact that you’ve been offered up would hurt big time and depending on temperament would factor on your reaction.

We will never know the truth of how this has all gone down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn’t his manager speaking tomorrow (I read that somewhere) and wasn’t the issue Clarko not ringing him to say he was on the trade table.

He’s 21 and waking up to the fact that you’ve been offered up would hurt big time and depending on temperament would factor on your reaction.

We will never know the truth of how this has all gone down.

Yeah SEN tomorrow morning I'm pretty sure.

Hopefully not because we want to draft another Chopper Lovell in 2019.
Unless we have another huge trade pending then it is very important we keep next years 1st. God forbid but just imagine if we have an injury to a couple of our A graders. That pick could end up falling in the top 10.

Unless we have another huge trade pending then it is very important we keep next years 1st. God forbid but just imagine if we have an injury to a couple of our A graders. That pick could end up falling in the top 10.
I reckon we got spooked by the future first we gave to saints.

What a rollercoaster that thread was

So, should we be bracing ourselves for disappointment re: Scully??
A lot of murmurings getting louder and louder that another club is going to swoop in late for him...
Good luck to the murmurings.

But it’s not that simple. He made friendships and a bond as one of the youngsters to propel hawthorn to the ‘Next’. So, I can understand him having his ego shattered once he was tapped on the shoulder instead of someone else. Port wanting him isn’t the important part here, it’s that the club that took a chance on him, nurtured him through tough times has all of a sudden think you are expendable .
I don’t hear hawthorn tapping hardwick or Sicily on the shoulder.
I have no idea on Burto’s temperament but if I was headhunted by an opposition team then I’d take it as a significant compliment. If an opposition team were willing to come to another country to test my fitness then it’s a huge compliment. If they then offered me $600k per year for 5 years, I’d have to have a real hard think about my future. But none of this leaves me “Shattered”.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back