List Mgmt. Hawthorn 2018 Trade discussion NO OPPOSITION SUPPORTERS Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have no idea on Burto’s temperament but if I was headhunted by an opposition team then I’d take it as a significant compliment. If an opposition team were willing to come to another country to test my fitness then it’s a huge compliment. If they then offered me $600 per year for 5 years, I’d have to have a real hard about my future. But none of this leaves me “Shattered”.

Yep- Hi mate we would love to offer you a chance to move back home and increase your yearly salary and length of your contract at the same time...

Not sure this would leave me shattered either.

I have no idea on Burto’s temperament but if I was headhunted by an opposition team then I’d take it as a significant compliment. If an opposition team were willing to come to another country to test my fitness then it’s a huge compliment. If they then offered me $600k per year for 5 years, I’d have to have a real hard about my future. But none of this leaves me “Shattered”.
Not when I’m happy at hawthorn and not part of the Untouchables list.

Wasn't the latest before the start of the weekend Hawthorn pulled Burton off the trade table? So unless there's been actual quotes and not just speculation everything else should be ignored, until we hear from the club or Burton and his management.
Yeah. That's how I remembered it too.
Obviously things have changed last couple of days again in respect to Port's demands for the Wingard trade.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

He had no opponent at stoppages... total free roam.
He didn't man up at stoppages.
He got high tackle numbwea... but because he anticipated, coming in as the second man in a contest. He wasn't tackling around the drop of the ball at stoppages.
He often did the Bruest thing of running through a stoppage, hoping the ball fell his way... playing to instructions... looks good if you pull it off.
He often wasn't used by team mates when available.
He often kicked high and long into the F50... a bit dissapointing.
His touch was excellent.
His speed was good.
His effort throughout the game was consistent.
He was accurate at goal...

Those were my impressions from the weekend. Not a total assessment of him as a player. I worried a bit how little defensive attention he got. A completely different world to Tom Mitchell.

I also watched him in the 2nd game vs Ireland in 2014 under Clarko.... he was incredible. Far more impressive. I think he can get back to that level.

I like what Chad could bring to the table, but with my limited viewing of Port Adelaide...... I don't think he's as good of a finisher as he could be. Dare I say it, but his finishing is almost as wonky as Dangerfield at times. Again my Port Adelaide match viewing is not extensive and overall stats may tell a different story.

Hoping this Scully deal gets done I’m more excited about what he brings than Wingard. When will we know more on Scully if any itk know anything?

If his ankle is given the all clear and he doesn't have any long term issues, I'm excited over what he could bring to the table with ball in hand :D

He has mates and was settled
He is settled. And he can stay or go as he likes.
Burto’s situation is very different to recent trades that have happened with Hawthorn players.
Take Jordan Lewis: he was reportedly told he was not guaranteed a spot in the 22 in future years. That will get your nose out of joint.
Burton is clearly (on talent) in our best 22 for the next 10 years. Nothing to be upset about. Instead he is likely getting a big offer from Port. Great for him.

I hope he stays but if he does not, then I am sure he has worked out a very good deal.

Last edited:
I think everyone should start getting their head around Burton leaving.

This has not been closed down by either him or the club.

I already have and yeah I’m disappointed but I also have been thinking a lot about Clarko’s speech at the PCM about how people come and go at the HFC. It will hurt seeing Burton go but we cannot let it effect us too long and the reality is with Birch back next year his spot can be filled. Burton’s sophomore season was underwhelming but that happens to a lot of second year players and he’ll definitely have an awesome career.

As many have said which I agree to that pick 15 + Burton is overs... what do you think we could get back in return to even things up? A future 3rd at least.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't the latest before the start of the weekend Hawthorn pulled Burton off the trade table? So unless there's been actual quotes and not just speculation everything else should be ignored, until we hear from the club or Burton and his management.
There were reports that Hawthorn would look to get the trade done without Burton, but nothing more.

Certainly nothing from the club.

I like what Chad could bring to the table, but with my limited viewing of Port Adelaide...... I don't think he's as good of a finisher as he could be. Dare I say it, but his finishing is almost as wonky as Dangerfield at times. Again my Port Adelaide match viewing is not extensive and overall stats may tell a different story.

Just from watching only 3 games... i thought his field kicking was not elite, nor a liability...Not as bad as Dangerfield.

But his hands and handballs were first class!

Sorry, haven’t got time to track it down. Would appreciate it if someone who is following could summarise what is being requested by Port for Wingard.

Sorry, haven’t got time to track it down. Would appreciate it if someone who is following could summarise what is being requested by Port for Wingard.

Burton
Pick 15
Shane Crawford/Luke Hodge/Sam Mitchell/Jordan Lewis/Jarryd Roughead's children MUST play for Port Adelaide

Nothing too serious :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back