Toast Hawthorn have headf***ed everyone

Remove this Banner Ad

They're a miserable lot on the main board. I'm doubtful we can overcome the Tigers but OMG, if we do, that board will melt down. C'mon Hawks!
No chance with our below average list ;)

If you want to hear a commentator in tears during a game, try to get access to the ABC video of the 1986 Grand Final.

In the second half, Timmy sounded like he was at a funeral - he barely had any praise for the Hawks, kept going on about the terrible display by the Blues.
It was just embarrassingly biased.

But, but, but, wasn't this the guy who quit his job because his employer allowed Eddie's conflict of interest to persist when commentating?

Surely an individual that principled would be an absolute paragon of virtue in terms of even handedness, objectiveness and complete lack of bias!

Another reason I heard was that he desperately thinks the AFL should have a full time team in Tassie and he sees Hawthorn as a big part of the problem preventing that.

Last edited:
I really wish I had recorded/kept all those news stories around around 6 2017...
"How could we trade our future 1st rounder for Jaegar"
"How far ahead the Saints are"
"We'll be a bottom 4 side for years to come with no talent coming through"

Most of those on the "Clarko is a genius" bandwagon now were the driving forces behind these dud headlines.

I was amazed to hear the following fact the other night...

Since 2009, Hawks have only had 6 Picks inside the Top 30..... Truly amazing
Stuff like this?
https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl/why-fremantles-rebuild-is-ahead-of-the-hawks-ng-b88541963z

good-good-let-the-hate-flow-through-you-quickmeme-com-29883238.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Copy paste PLZ

List management consultant Paul Prior says clubs can bounce back after a decline swifter than seen previously thanks to free agency and future trading.

But Prior believes the Dockers, who have won seven matches this year to be two points above Hawthorn on the ladder, are ahead in their build back to flag contention, having headed to the draft more often in recent seasons. The Hawks have not had a top-10 draft pick since 2006, while Fremantle had their first since 2009 last year whenthey snared Griffin Logue with selection eight.

The Dockers have had seven debutants this season, including all four 2016 national draftees, while the Hawks will unveil their fourth of the year in Irishman Conor Glass tomorrow night. Hawthorn used their draft picks last year to trade in Tom Mitchell and Jaeger O’Meara and lured Ty Vickery through free agency. St Kilda hold the Hawks’ first-round draft pick this year from O’Meara’s trade.

“Hawthorn have dealt themselves out of the draft to a large extent with the experienced players they’ve brought in,” said Prior, a co-founder of the STAR (Sports Talent Assessment and Recruiting) Network.

“Fremantle have been public about saying they’re in a rebuild and they’ve played a lot of young players this year. My personal opinion is that Fremantle are better placed. Hawthorn over the years have had success at bringing players in from other clubs. But in last year’s trade they’ve hit some hurdles in that through form and injury.”

List management consultant Paul Prior says clubs can bounce back after a decline swifter than seen previously thanks to free agency and future trading.

But Prior believes the Dockers, who have won seven matches this year to be two points above Hawthorn on the ladder, are ahead in their build back to flag contention, having headed to the draft more often in recent seasons. The Hawks have not had a top-10 draft pick since 2006, while Fremantle had their first since 2009 last year whenthey snared Griffin Logue with selection eight.

The Dockers have had seven debutants this season, including all four 2016 national draftees, while the Hawks will unveil their fourth of the year in Irishman Conor Glass tomorrow night. Hawthorn used their draft picks last year to trade in Tom Mitchell and Jaeger O’Meara and lured Ty Vickery through free agency. St Kilda hold the Hawks’ first-round draft pick this year from O’Meara’s trade.

“Hawthorn have dealt themselves out of the draft to a large extent with the experienced players they’ve brought in,” said Prior, a co-founder of the STAR (Sports Talent Assessment and Recruiting) Network.

“Fremantle have been public about saying they’re in a rebuild and they’ve played a lot of young players this year. My personal opinion is that Fremantle are better placed. Hawthorn over the years have had success at bringing players in from other clubs. But in last year’s trade they’ve hit some hurdles in that through form and injury.”

Oooh, delicious.

These are fun to look at (and this one especially because it involves Freo) but I think its a bit rich to be laying into reporters for calling doom and gloom early last year. I remember this board, most of us were thinking the same and it did look pretty bad.

Many of us were optimistic but we are supporters, its not a stretch for someone who is being objective to look at the start we had, the start JOM had, the picks we had given up and theprofile of our list and make a judgement that the future might be a bit grim.

Then again, to the journos who were dancing on our grave before it had been dug, well yeah, they can go do one!

These are fun to look at (and this one especially because it involves Freo) but I think its a bit rich to be laying into reporters for calling doom and gloom early last year. I remember this board, most of us were thinking the same and it did look pretty bad.

Many of us were optimistic but we are supporters, its not a stretch for someone who is being objective to look at the start we had, the start JOM had, the picks we had given up and theprofile of our list and make a judgement that the future might be a bit grim.

Then again, to the journos who were dancing on our grave before it had been dug, well yeah, they can go do one!

Nek minute top 4 :D

Yeah but they back Freo's list building over Hawks and that Ross would develop kids and rebuild a contender better than Clarko
Ross hasn't shown he can build a contender yet, he's come in after the development has already been done twice

I think if we looked back we'd find the majority of those negative posters aren't around now mainly because of our success, and their half empty glasses waiting to be emptied.

I know Clarko got his fair share in 2006, but to be fair we didn't know him then. He was an angry little man with no plan B, now he is arguably one of the best ever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Hawthorn have headf***ed everyone

Remove this Banner Ad

Back