Toast Hawthorn have headf***ed everyone

Remove this Banner Ad

They really have.

Have a read of social media, listen to the radio, switch on the TV......Hawthorn have head****ed everyone.

Credit where it's due, you just know that when Hawthorn is mentioned in footy media, there's 15,000+ separate blokes, in loungerooms around the country, mumbling under their breath with disdain "bloody Hawthorn".
No one wants to see Hawthorn win another flag, they don't want to see Hawthorn win another game....hell, they seemingly lose their shit even when Hawthorn get a legitimate free-kick.

Whether it be a reference to the "good bloke" Hodge in every second thread on bigfooty, some whinging about umpire favouritism on SEN or the continual need to relate every single reportable offence to what Hodge, Lake or Lewis have done in the past....the so called 'neutral' supporters have been completely head****ed by our dominance, and now they can't stand both watching us win more games, nor get due credit for our performances.

Right now, if you head to the main board, you'll find a thread dedicated to Rance's hit on Watts, but inside that thread, you'll be hard pressed to read half a page without mention of Hodge or Hawthorn. It's amusing, but they're head****ed.

Similarly, if you venture onto the Umpires board, Hawthorn is a real conversation starter for those who love a good slab of tinfoil wrapped around their ears.
Some genuinely believe the AFL have set out to gift Hawthorn 4 flags in a row.....which is mind numbingly stupid, but to these twits, completely and utterly what is happening "right in front of me". They're head****ed.

Travel back to the main board, and any thread regarding Hawthorn will soon have an influx of posters complaining about how Hawthorn are being spoken about positively, or that Hawthorn posters are insufferable and how they've had a gutful of it. They're completely head****ed.

Of course, there'll also be the consistent theme of "that Hawthorn bloke isn't really any good, it's just his teammates making him look good" that's become such a constant over the last 5 years, and this is unlikely to cease until those players are no longer running around tearing other teams a new arseh*le each week.

It probably goes without saying, that a few of our favourites, the Geelong supporters, have gone to a whole new level of being completely and utterly obsessed by Hawthorn over the last few years, throwing in cheapies about pretty much every topic that I've highlighted above and right now they've started to bristle at the thought of our youngsters stepping up in the future.

So heres to Hawthorn, and their ability to not only win games and premierships, but completely head**** an entire league of opposition supporters along the way.

Long may it continue. :D

You'd probably better not look at the bay

Case in point.

Poster on the main board arguing that Shaun Burgoyne would be lucky to be in the top 50 Aboriginal players to have ever played.

And that even mentioning him is trolling.

Of course, it's a cat fan.

What's the bet they wanted to name Nakia Cockatoo in it already though.

Case in point.

Poster on the main board arguing that Shaun Burgoyne would be lucky to be in the top 50 Aboriginal players to have ever played.

And that even mentioning him is trolling.

Of course, it's a cat fan.

No Cyril Rioli Medal for Shaun then?

I lived through the 80's and it was just as bad then.

People forget.

We played in 7 Grand Finals in a row!! Those were good reasons to hate us. We missed out in 1990 and then against all odds we came back and won in 1991!!
Everyone hated us except Peter McKenna. His famous line was "never write off the Hawks."
He was proven right time and time again. We came back from being 10 goals down to win games often.
Sheedy hated us so much that he accused us of using drugs. Don Scott (who wrote for the Sun newspaper) countered by saying Essendon had a 'hitman'.(Merritt).
It was us against the rest and true Hawthorn supporters loved it.

The thing is, true Hawthorn supporters don't whinge.
I implore you Abassi to not whinge. See what the whinging is. It's people who are losers who whinge. And losers can't stand winners. Winners make losers feel inadequate.
Abassi you should adopt the saying made famous by Ted Whitten when talking about Victoria as winners in State Games.

Saying:
WINNERS ARE GRINNERS AND LOSERS CAN PLEASE THEMSELVES.

I lived through the 80's and it was just as bad then.

People forget.

We played in 7 Grand Finals in a row!! Those were good reasons to hate us. We missed out in 1990 and then against all odds we came back and won in 1991!!
Everyone hated us except Peter McKenna. His famous line was "never write off the Hawks."
He was proven right time and time again. We came back from being 10 goals down to win games often.
Sheedy hated us so much that he accused us of using drugs. Don Scott (who wrote for the Sun newspaper) countered by saying Essendon had a 'hitman'.(Merritt).
It was us against the rest and true Hawthorn supporters loved it.

The thing is, true Hawthorn supporters don't whinge.
I implore you Abassi to not whinge. See what the whinging is. It's people who are losers who whinge. And losers can't stand winners. Winners make losers feel inadequate.
Abassi you should adopt the saying made famous by Ted Whitten when talking about Victoria as winners in State Games.

Saying:
WINNERS ARE GRINNERS AND LOSERS CAN PLEASE THEMSELVES.
You've got it all wrong, I'm not whinging. I'm poking fun at all the envious dickheads.

Reminds me of Robbo on AFL360 last year, claiming that Taylor Adam's dropping of the knees into an opponent's head was the sort of thing needed to be considered by a team in order to compete with Hawthorn.

Head****ed.*

*or drunk.

but robbos head was already kked, self administered.
conversely, does OP think theres so much hawthorn posting because we bite just a little bit too easily?

I don't recall it being anywhere near as bad as now, but the Cats were definitely subjected to a fair bit of this (memes, etc.) from other supporters in their period of dominance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I honestly cannot believe the crap about the umpiring, let's try and highlight one free kick late in the game (that wasn't even a free kick) and then claim Hawthorn are being gifted games.

Let's not talk about every dubious free kick given to the opposition during the course of the game as it doesn't suit the narrative.

I thought it was just the unwashed masses but you turn on the radio and all the media personalities are banging on about Smith should have been done for Holding the ball.

Let's not focus on Hawthorn winning the game from the impossible position.

Clowns!!
Very well said Main Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've got family members in Perth who don't follow the football at s weekend I received messages from them along the lines "I see your Hawthorn is getting a lot of favours from umpires". Upon asking what made them say that, I was told that despite their lack of knowledge/interest it was all that was being talked about in their places of work.

Secondly, I took my seven year old to a newly started AusKick in Clapham here was wearing his Hawks number 5 jersey. A mixture of other teams were represented but Ethan kicked his first pass, two dads (sons in Swans and Pies tops) called out "Free kick to Hawthorn".

Me and my lad just quietly shook our heads and got on with things.

So to confirm, the jealousy, bitterness, the pressure caused by Hawthorn to others well being is a global phenonomon.

I've got family members in Perth who don't follow the football at s weekend I received messages from them along the lines "I see your Hawthorn is getting a lot of favours from umpires". Upon asking what made them say that, I was told that despite their lack of knowledge/interest it was all that was being talked about in their places of work.

Secondly, I took my seven year old to a newly started AusKick in Clapham here was wearing his Hawks number 5 jersey. A mixture of other teams were represented but Ethan kicked his first pass, two dads (sons in Swans and Pies tops) called out "Free kick to Hawthorn".

Me and my lad just quietly shook our heads and got on with things.

So to confirm, the jealousy, bitterness, the pressure caused by Hawthorn to others well being is a global phenonomon.

Unhealthy situation for your 7-yr old. Stay strong Hawks fans for the young Hawks fans.

Just imagine what footy will be like when all teams copy us and have at least three small forwards. footy will be at another level.

They used to think daicos was from heaven, now some teams have three of them.

Times have changed. I recall just over a decade ago, there was a team named Brisbane Lions taking all before them and winning three flags in a row. The media loved them, and so they should have. They were a great team to watch and set the standard for the rest of the competition. I recall how I wanted them to win the 2004 flag so I could see history being made with 4 flags, equalling Collingwood 1927-30.

I have always enjoyed the great clubs in great eras. Some of those Richmond teams in the 1960s and 70s were so powerful and it was incredible to watch. Even the Carlton teams (I'm not keen on Carlton) in the 70s and early 80s made the game great to watch. I was so fortunate to be a Hawthorn fan in the 1980s.

This is why it disappoints me to see all the negativity towards our club when our only "crime" has been to be as good as we possibly could be in accordance with AFL rules. It has become obvious that opposition supporters don't appreciate the great teams any more, all they want to do is whinge, criticise, and just plain hate.

IMHO, supporters don't enjoy the game like we used to 30 years ago. Back then it was tribalism on a Saturday but after the match you had a beer and got on with the rest of your life. These days it's football 24/7, even when it's not even football season. It's not part of peoples' lives now, it IS their life. You only have to read endless posts complaining about no football on Good Friday to realise some people have nothing else in their lives except football. I find it all very unhealthy to be honest.

Add to this, the number of posters you read saying how much they hate a team because they cost them on their footy tips or betting. How pathetic is that?

I touched on this in another thread, but a huge part of the problem I see is the football media. 30 years ago, people wrote about the games, the champions, the positives that came from football. These days it is all so aggressive and negative with journos forever looking for the controversial, always looking for ways to bite the hand that feeds them.

On TV, there's always a panel of around 4 or more people sitting around, all searching for something to say to justify their own existence when only 2 people would suffice. They have nothing better to do but to question just about every umpiring decision made over 100 minutes of football. What else is there for them to crap on about? The best football show ever was on a Saturday night called the Winners. Just one man sitting there reviewing the round of matches, it was fantastic. No bullshit, no comedians, just all highlights and discussion on the games.

Football is an emotional game, and supporters do not need being wound up by commentators seeking to be controversial. Commentators should be banned from commenting on umpiring, especially when most of them have spent the past 2 hours correcting their own decisions after watching replays.

It is the media who are responsible for the ridiculous way in which we support the game in the 21st century. It is the media who have the average football fan in a lather screaming about unfair treatment from umpires, hating opposition teams and players, etc. I hope they're proud of themselves.
Oh Yeeeeeh! You are so right Adelaide Hawk. But don't stop there Buddy. It's the media who are responsible for ridiculous comments right accross the board in all areas of life; they just seem to have to blow things right out of all proportion, no matter what it is. I once read that journos said to someone in the past, that the truth is of no importance, it sensationalism that sells papers and makes news.

I don't think we're setting our sights high enough.

I'm looking forward to the day when the Hawthorn Football Club will be blamed for:

The abduction of the Beaumont children.
The rise of the Khmer Rouge
The shrinking of the polar ice caps.
The birth of Gavrilo Princip.
Bodyline.
The extinction of the dinosaurs.

LIFT YOUR GAME, HAWKS!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Hawthorn have headf***ed everyone

Remove this Banner Ad

Back