News Hawthorn in the media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Just like last years thread, whatever Barrett has to say is not Hawthorn in the media.

Couldn’t care less for his shit takes, they don’t belong here.

Garry Lyon on the Couch, thinks no teams put work into hawthorn, only Geelong did and look what happened, and said Adelaide should.
The width of the ground helped Geelong!!
How many times do you see D'Ambrosio gets the ball on the Warne stand wing kicking at the Ponsford end right on the boundary!!
Or Hardwick on the members side on the boundary!!

Garry Lyon on the Couch, thinks no teams put work into hawthorn, only Geelong did and look what happened, and said Adelaide should.

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

Media foaming over us now. This is the tipping point.

Let's hope the boys stay grounded and don't get ahead of themselves. One week at a time etc.

Little black book. I hope Moorey keeps the rest of us grounded. Love the celebrations and the energy, but the foundation needs to remain doing the tough stuff.

I think Geddy may be a little naive by saying that (all teams do their homework on their opponents).
Nathan Buckley, who I respect as an analyst, made a very good point recently when he said when teams are scouting Hawthorn; who and what are they analysing? We are such an even team, with such a unique method, that it would be difficult to isolate one aspect of our style or one player to shut down.
Chris Scott to his credit, found a way around and through our style/method (Kardinia Park dimensions noted of course).

Gone off my media now, but Mark McLure used to love us.

Was the only one talking us up in the glory years when shitheads like King and Healy picked against us every GF!

I'd like to hear his thoughts on the current crop
prior to that (circa 2011) he was absolutely scathing for us falling short of our potential, so think his respect was magnified for the way we managed to turn things around

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Media foaming over us now. This is the tipping point.

Let's hope the boys stay grounded and don't get ahead of themselves. One week at a time etc.
It's just happened post this weekend, hasn't it?

Hawthorn announced themselves. Moreover, the style in which they did it, has now captured everyone's attention.

Seemed reluctant to give us too much credit.
His angle was essentially we played well strategically but Pies let us get away with a lot.

His angle was essentially we played well strategically but Pies let us get away with a lot.
Thats not how I heard it. He gushed over us and how we play.

Wasn't he a hawthorn supporter growing up ? Also thought he is good mates with Clarko.
Peter Lyon, Garry's father played for Hawthorn. Garry has a soft spot for Hawks.

It's just happened post this weekend, hasn't it?

Hawthorn announced themselves. Moreover, the style in which they did it, has now captured everyone's attention.
Yes, seems to have hit critical mass in the media. Mind you, I'm the sort that probably prefers us to be below the medias radar. I feel uncomfortable and possibly a little dirty listening to some of those media folks. There are some amazing feel good stories for the media to latch on to. Better good PR than bad, I guess.

It’s simply not within the realm of possibility that any club, let alone multiple clubs wouldn’t put any work into the team they’re playing that week.

The comp is too close and our own form too consistently good (both in general and against them) for the Pies to have not put in the work during the week.

Essentially what Gaz is saying is that we played so well and executed our own plans so effectively that we made them look like they hadn’t even prepared for us.

Jfc you guys will grab on to any tiny crumb to try and play the victim sometimes.

It was a comment in among 5 minutes of unabashed praise from all 3.

Some people can't just be happy. Stop trying to fabricate reasons pundits hate us and enjoy the footy.

Lyon has been all over the hawks for years, they are his second team.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Hawthorn in the media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back