News Hawthorn in the media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Just like last years thread, whatever Barrett has to say is not Hawthorn in the media.

Couldn’t care less for his shit takes, they don’t belong here.

Seeing Geelong making top 4 yet again and the less than three year turn around at the Hawks it really is super lazy commentary when media pundits role out 5/7/10 year rebuild comments.

You get your people right, your systems and processes right and you work your butt off you can turn things around so much quicker than that.

The belief that if you keep tanking to bank draft picks seems like such a bad business model given it hardly ever works (maybe Melbourne but they quickly hit the ground again due to not being a well run club).

Seeing Geelong making top 4 yet again and the less than three year turn around at the Hawks it really is super lazy commentary when media pundits role out 5/7/10 year rebuild comments.

You get your people right, your systems and processes right and you work your butt off you can turn things around so much quicker than that.

The belief that if you keep tanking to bank draft picks seems like such a bad business model given it hardly ever works (maybe Melbourne but they quickly hit the ground again due to not being a well run club).
I think our key is to figure out how to stay on top.

Will Clarko's failings of holding on too long get repeated?

Likewise the Montagna angst. He made a call. Wasn’t malicious. Was wrong. Who cares? Sure remind him of it in good jest the vitriol is weird.
Fair point, no issue if he has his biases. But 10 year rebuild was a monumentally stupid call, for any team. 10 years!

I don't hate him, he's just an idiot

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

Fair point, no issue if he has his biases. But 10 year rebuild was a monumentally stupid call, for any team. 10 years!

Riewoldt sees a premiership team in us.
Montagna sees (saw) no future in us.

Both just products of their environment. Drawing on experiences they know.

Joey wouldn't know success if it bit him.

AFL 360 Fox Footy​

Carlton slump out of top 8! Will Hawks make the leap?​

How much better is AFL360 with Kath and Jordy rather than the other two clowns!

Well how do you know that man? Maybe he has simply just changed his opinion based on what he's seen us do, like so many others have.

Not that I'm going to put myself through it, but I'm betting he will be supportive of our development strategy during the Trade Radio segments. I'm also betting he will say Richmond, WCE and a few other clubs should look to do what we did by trading old heads out.

Which would be highly hypocritical of him. All he did last year, was keep reenforcing his belief that by trading out O’Meara and T.Mitchell, that Sam and the club were tanking for Harley Reid. Even when evidence showed that we were not, he stood by his assertions and doubled down by questioning the integrity of the decision.

The only person who has shown that they have neither integrity or knowledge of preparing the future of a football list is Purple. If he does come out and say that, then he is nothing more than a two faced idiot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha Kane is the best. That ending

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk
The double fist pump at the end, he knows it riles oppo supporters and media who have had a go at him.

Love your theatrics Kano 👍

Look give me another 3 peat and I'll live with with the consequences

Me too.

If you look at it, a flag in the next 4 years and we have 5 in 20 years, or one every four years. Let alone playing in 6 GFs. It’s just phenomenal when we’re in an 18 team comp.

I still don’t blame Clarko for pushing for another flag with drafting. He could never have predicted Cyril’s retirement, Roughie’s cancer, and the AFL stepping in to keep Coniglio at GWS. If none of that had have happened we might have been looking at a few more flags. Worth the risk.

How much better is AFL360 with Kath and Jordy rather than the other two clowns!
Jordy is doing quite well to hold his bias in check, good to see her trying to tease it out calling us "your Hawks" over and over.

We know he's struggling to hide how proud he is of our team right now, and the joy at seeing the Scum waste another season.

Re Purple, I won't take anything he says seriously until he has confessed he was wrong about his 'tanking' call. Mature folk admit it when they get it wrong. I doubt Purple is mature enough.

Re Joey, it's almost forgetten that he was actually pumping us in Sam's first season as coach, perhaps earlier than anyone else - I distinctly recall him saying in 2022 that we already had the core of our next premiership back 6 in place. The only reason I can think of for Joey's change of mind since then is the reported feedback from Harvey, who was with us in Sam's first season. Why hasn't Joey seen through Harvey's feedback and got on board earlier? 'Loyalty' to Harvey or his own lack of judgement? I suspect it's the former as he's not a bad judge.

Jordy is doing quite well to hold his bias in check, good to see her trying to tease it out calling us "your Hawks" over and over.

We know he's struggling to hide how proud he is of our team right now, and the joy at seeing the Scum waste another season.

He doesn't show bias but doesn't say if they are or aren't, unlike Hodge who will flat out say it that they aren't.

100%. Was hilariously stupid at the time and then didn’t age well.

I think some here thought I was suggesting you can’t critique him, far from it.
I was just saying some of the vicious things sent his way (probibly more so on social media than here, although some here called him a drug addict etc) were a bit over the top.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Hawthorn in the media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back