News Hawthorn in the media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Just like last years thread, whatever Barrett has to say is not Hawthorn in the media.

Couldn’t care less for his shit takes, they don’t belong here.

Top six: Collingwood, Brisbane Lions, Carlton, GWS Giants, Melbourne, Port Adelaide

Middle six: St Kilda, Sydney Swans, Western Bulldogs, Adelaide Crows, Essendon, Geelong

Bottom six: Richmond, Fremantle, Gold Coast Suns, Hawthorn, North Melbourne, West Coast Eagles

Hawthorn: Adelaide Crows, Collingwood, Geelong, GWS Giants, North Melbourne, Richmond (2x top 6, 2x middle 6, 2x bottom 6)

Gold Coast Suns: Brisbane Lions, Essendon, GWS Giants, North Melbourne, Richmond, West Coast Eagles (2x top 6, 1x middle 6, 3x bottom 6)

North Melbourne: Carlton, Geelong, Gold Coast Suns, Hawthorn, West Coast Eagles, Western Bulldogs (1x top 6, 2x middle 6, 3x bottom 6)

West Coast Eagles: Essendon, Fremantle, Gold Coast Suns, Melbourne, North Melbourne, St Kilda (1x top 6, 2x middle 6, 3x bottom 6)

Hawthorn

Despite finishing 16th last season, the Hawks cop the fifth-hardest draw on our numbers, including a more difficult set of double-up opponents than top-six sides GWS, Carlton or Melbourne received.

While Sam Mitchell’s men do get to face the Kangaroos and a likely-sliding Richmond twice, they also cop a pair of games against Collingwood and GWS, plus a likely-to-rise Adelaide and an always-dangerous Geelong (who thrashed them last year).

That double-up against the Cats, combined with both sides’ decline, means Hawthorn makes its first trip to GMHBA Stadium (with an actual crowd allowed to attend) since 2006.

We also got a top 4 draw rather than a bottom 4 draw.
You know the funny thing is that they annually give us a top 4 draw (which I'm pretty sure is to fcuk us) but in the end all it has done is expedite our rebuild. The AFL should know by now that the HFC have always done things the hard way and all they done is made us stronger.

James Brayshsw said we have been blessed with incredible health and that can’t last. Brian Taylor said we are all huff and puff and it’s all not real and we are no match for the more skillfull teams. Brayshaw implied if North had our health they would be much further up the ladder.
Now Brayshaw is someone I’ve met a few times and is an even bigger spanker than you even imagined. By a factor of at least ten.

Now Brayshaw is someone I’ve met a few times and is an even bigger spanker than you even imagined. By a factor of at least ten.
Yeah, I've had dealings with him in the 90s. Horrible man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaking of rusted on, wasn't it you who spent the first half of last week moaning about how we'd just lost any chance of playing finals, regardless of what anybody said about the likely pathways!? ;)

Sure, but I had just come off being given a $1,200 vet bill in the midst of that fourth quarter while anticipating a visit from the in-laws at the end of the week - so I was in a pretty bad headspace!

And you have no idea how much I love to be wrong when it comes to proffering doom with my sporting teams.

GWS finished 7th. The fixture is based on ladder position of the year prior. It's really not egrigious that 16th has to play 7th twice. Being that we drew the teams who finished 2-6 once only it's really not that bad.
Would they be considered 7th or 3rd (as losing prelim). We got cats x2 (middle third), crowsx2 (middle third) tigers x2 (middle 3rd I think) north x2 (bottom) and can’t recall who else

Would they be considered 7th or 3rd (as losing prelim). We got cats x2 (middle third), crowsx2 (middle third) tigers x2 (middle 3rd I think) north x2 (bottom) and can’t recall who else

As Platten44 corrected me - it's a weighted ladder position so based on the teams' after-finals finishing position.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Hawthorn in the media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back