News Hawthorn in the media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Just like last years thread, whatever Barrett has to say is not Hawthorn in the media.

Couldn’t care less for his shit takes, they don’t belong here.

This is my initial perspective on the whole Ginni-Hinkley situation. I don't get the narrative that many in the media and some irrelevant figures like Eddie are pushing—that the Hawks can dish it out but can't take it. What exactly have the Hawks dished out? We started playing an exciting brand of football—is that not allowed? The younger players added some flair with their goal celebrations—are they not allowed to? The team started taking selfies after games—were we supposed to invite the opposition to join in? Ginni went out for dinner before a game—how is that disrespectful to the opposition? Ginni made a cheeky social media post aimed at Grundy, which should be between Ginni and Grundy, and has nothing to do with Hinkley or the self-righteous media types. I don't see us dishing out anything to anyone in these examples, so what exactly is the media justifying here, supporting an old man for verbally abusing a player? The amusing part is that there are still two preliminary finals to be played, yet the media is more focused on the Hawks. It seems any news about the Hawks sells better than discussing a Port-Sydney prelim.
The media has controlled the narrative from start to end - they've essentially farmed their own fodder and all the nuffies waiting for us to fail have happily fed from the same trough - been hilarious to watch. David King is one of them.

Not a podcast episode Eddie would want to watch back. Awful. Absolute garbage from start to end. And remembering that I was one of the first few that recommended this ' usually ' solid podcast. Politics, Collingwood, name dropping Ginni with the cocaine fiasco ( needlessly) , Collingwood, Ken's been robbed, Collingwood, Hawks deserve what they got and that apparently all of us were trying to sack everyone after Rd 5 which is utter garbage , then back to Ken's been robbed, back to *ing Collingwood....on and on. What a self righteous dick weed. Oh btw, did anyone know his sons study in the USA, like that's a relief .. * me. May have to give his podcast the wide berth for a while. Again, usually, I don't mind his views , have a soft spot for him, as a Broady boy from way back ( like me) but that was hard to get through.
Eddie self promotes and denigrates others at every opportunity, been doing that since footy show days. Offers very little in terms of substance, just a glorified muck raker....oh...from Broady too if you weren't aware.

Last edited:
Keen for Ginni to be at the game Fri with a Swans jumper under his jacket.

Should Swans get up, Ginni takes the jacket off in the crowd and takes a selfie and posts "have a safe flight back Ken"

Would be liquid gold.
I think Ginni should go to Sydney and wear a red and white scarf, not a jumper with their sponsors logo etc. and not post a thing beyond him being there to watch a mate, the media will tie themselves in knots.

How did he get back to Melbourne then?
That's the funny bit. The stupid slimy, grubby flog has no clue. He doesn't know what country New Zealand is in, and when they built him and poured the stupidity in, he forgot to say 'when'.

If Ken were to get fired, should the Hawks offer him a job and then not pick him up from the airport?
IF it were to happen. Big IF...(because Port Adelaide FC is more demented keeping him on than any other club in the league barring Essendon). Hawks should send him a complimentary flight and accommodation to the next Hawks v Port game that he's not coaching. Media team puts out an insta saying were juuuust repairing relationships.

The media has controlled the narrative from start to end - they've essentially farmed their own fodder and all the nuffies waiting for us to fail have happily fed from the same trough - been hilarious to watch. David King is one of them.
I think King and Barrett are envious that Hawthorn have been turned around from near the bottom of the ladder to competing so quickly. Whilst their beloved North Melbourne has had a rebuild twice as long with still no blue sky ahead.

Other than the Ginnivan comment on instagram we’ve not even remotely done anything to piss anyone off.

Barrett grew up in the 70s & 80s. He saw his beloved North Melbourne get beaten twice in a Grand Final and then saw us dominate the 80s. He has had a clear hatred for us since he was young and attacks us any chance he gets in the media. It's embarrassing how he acts at times but he gets away with it. Even when he was giving us "compliments" later in the year you could tell he felt so uncomfortable doing so and was smiling through gritted teeth.

Absolute germ of a person and character.

Listing to that Daniel Hoyne on SEN, champion data guru. I knew chol had an average finals, but gee wizz, I didn’t realise how bad it really was..
It wasn't really any worse than you thought. Just needed stickier hands against Dogs and against Port, all our talls were ordinary. Lewis can't come back soon enough!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listing to that Daniel Hoyne on SEN, champion data guru. I knew chol had an average finals, but gee wizz, I didn’t realise how bad it really was..
He had a great year.
He wasn’t alone in playing average during the 2 finals, especially against Port

Enjoyed this interview with Dermie on BackChat Podcast

Of course, I had to then YouTube his interaction with the drunk at the All Star Cafe in 1997
“ I just want to go on with it, believe me…” Classic stuff.

Watched it earlier. Always have time for dermie. Basically the reason I started following the mighty Hawks. Legend.

Of course, I had to then YouTube his interaction with the drunk at the All Star Cafe in 1997

Was listening to this on the way into work - great story teller, very honest and raw. I loved those training days at Glenferrie oval during September in the 80s, they were a highlight in themselves - superstars everywhere....and the sausage sizzle!

My favourite Hawk next to Hodgey.
Guy unfairly/fairly cops shit for some of his commentary but I don't mind it as much as some.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Hawthorn in the media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back