Hawthorn > Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Hairdressers and footballers go hand in hand. Squibs who by the majority vote their team to merge can only belong to the Squibby Demons. :p

Demonheart said:
Yet another thread about the MFC by an obsessed Hawthorn fan.

Hawthorn fans = Obsessed with the MFC

Baaaa!

Exactly

Can you blame them?

They dont have anything to talk about regarding their own footy club

Its funny you bag Bruce and Green... when we all know that your coaching staff would be more than happy to have them at the club.

This thread is truely pathetic. What gives Hawthorn supporters, with their enourmous tally of one victory this season, the right to claim their team is better than Melbourne? I thought for trolls to do that, their team has to at least be half decent, or come away with a win the previous week.

Here is a thought for you 2nd > 15th... at least that one is true.

afc9798 said:
It's a grand old fall
It's a lovely snowfall
It's the jolly season for you and for me
It's the season when, the Demons go,
desert their team for a ski.

Every heart beats true for a ski and a brew
As we sing our jolly song to you (what do we sing?)
Should all the football be forgot,
Cos my new Range Rover is blue.
http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=matchresults&spg=default&m_tournamentmatch_id=1392

Have fun finishing 9th and missing out on a good draft pick. :)

BTW Hawthorn are a pack of jizzmoppers. Close this thread.

hank_bulger said:
With Nits out for 2 weeks the Hawks are in with a good chance but the demons should still be good enough to beat us by about 15 points

I'm glad we got rid of nits, pesky buggers.

Dees by 60+

The Hitman said:
We own you, in more ways than one. That will show at 5pm on Saturday when we'll have defeated your sorry "club", if that is what you can call a collection of individuals who don't have a real home, despite being the oldest club in Australia.

Sing along with me:

"Hey Dees, what did you vote?
Take a poor club, and make it poorer,
Remember to vote yes at the merge,
Then you can be killed by your members, members, members, members ahhhh!

Nah, nah, nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah, hey Dees!"

I threw the "nah nah nah" bit in to represent what Hawthorn members said. ;)
voteyes.jpg

was that a yes to merge from the dees ?
i know the hawks said no thanks :D

hank_bulger said:
With Nits out for 2 weeks the Hawks are in with a good chance but the demons should still be good enough to beat us by about 15 points

Your right there mate!

Allowing for some well publicised injuries (& a suspension)
it really could end up being a "really close game"

Nahh

Dee's by 10 goals! lol :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In all seriousness, I'm backing Hawthorn in. I've only tipped us once this year, so it isn't a blind faith thing.

We won't win many games, but this'll be one of them.

The Hitman said:
In all seriousness, I'm backing Hawthorn in. I've only tipped us once this year, so it isn't a blind faith thing.

We won't win many games, but this'll be one of them.
I agree.

Melbourne have talent, but they're extremely soft. Without Neitz and the wannabe hitman Miller I suspect they'll buckle under the physical pressure.

Melbourne voted Yes to a takeover, thinly disguised as a merger. Remember the jumper? Melbourne jumper with yellow Hawk stuck on the front. FWIW, I voted no and am glad both clubs kept their identities.
I think the game will be tough. We often drop these games we should win.
I actually thought that take on the theme song was pretty funny. I've only been to the snow twice in my life and don't drive a Range Rover but ride a motorcycle so don't really care bout the stereotype.

AllStar7 said:
Its funny you bag Bruce and Green... when we all know that your coaching staff would be more than happy to have them at the club.

Not bagging them as footballers - read the thread properly before getting all righteous. Someone made a crack about Hawthorn players and hair product, which is a bit rich when you consider the liberal use of said products in the lovely locks of those two boys!

Demon banner for tomorrow

002_Melb_v_Hawks_Banner_14.5.2005.JPG

Klyntonius said:
Melbourne voted Yes to a takeover, thinly disguised as a merger. Remember the jumper? Melbourne jumper with yellow Hawk stuck on the front. FWIW, I voted no and am glad both clubs kept their identities.

"Melbourne fan who voted against the merger" is fast becoming another phenomenon like pieces of the Berlin Wall and authentic splinters of Jesus' cross or threads from Jesus' shroud.

If all those things were pieced back together we'd have:
* 7 Berlin Walls
* 22 Authentic shrouds
* 63 Crosses of the crucifixion :confused:
and
:D A unanimous vote by Melbourne members against the merger.

Has there ever been a Melbourne member publically admit to voting their club away ?

JohnD said:
"Melbourne fan who voted against the merger" is fast becoming another phenomenon like pieces of the Berlin Wall and authentic splinters of Jesus' cross or threads from Jesus' shroud.

If all those things were pieced back together we'd have:
* 7 Berlin Walls
* 22 Authentic shrouds
* 63 Crosses of the crucifixion :confused:
and
:D A unanimous vote by Melbourne members against the merger.

Has there ever been a Melbourne member publically admit to voting their club away ?

:D Nope. No Melbourne fan I know has ever admitted to voting no. However, most of them never voted at all as most of them aren't club members.

The thing is that I actually believe most of the dees on Bigfooty would have voted no. You've got to be a passionate supporter to spend your time disucussing your club here. But what has always staggered me is how quick they are to jump to the defence of those (the majority) who did yes with a bunch of fanciful, fabricated nonsense.

superstar said:
:D Nope. No Melbourne fan I know has ever admitted to voting no. However, most of them never voted at all as most of them aren't club members.

The thing is that I actually believe most of the dees on Bigfooty would have voted no. You've got to be a passionate supporter to spend your time disucussing your club here. But what has always staggered me is how quick they are to jump to the defence of those (the majority) who did yes with a bunch of fanciful, fabricated nonsense.

Sorry to use actual facts to spoil your wet dream but if you believe the recent polls completed on the amount of supporters each team actually has then Melbourne has one of the best conversion rates at getting them to become members.

Once again sorry for posting something that isn't a lie, I know dork fans have a problem with this.

Demonheart said:
Once again sorry for posting something that isn't a lie, I know dork fans have a problem with this.

OK, so while we're playing 'truth or dare' ...

Which way did you vote Demonheart ?

Demonheart said:
Sorry to use actual facts to spoil your wet dream but if you believe the recent polls completed on the amount of supporters each team actually has then Melbourne has one of the best conversion rates at getting them to become members.

Could I see the polls, please?

I base my opinion purely on the people I know. I know many Melbourne supporters. Most of them are MCC members and very few are club members.

Hawthorn fans are not obsessed with Melbourne- that's a load of bollocks. We're obsessed with Essendon, everyone knows that.

The reason Hawks fans are happy to put in their two cents worth in the week leading up to Demon games is because we genuinely don't see you as a threat. Even though you'll probably win tomorrow, and even though you flogged us last year (only once), we still own your club in the true sense.

You can bleat about 5 wins > 1 win all you like, we're happy to cop that. We're sitting second last, and have been rubbish for several years, no one is denying that. However, we're excited about where our club is headed, and are not afraid to publically talk up our future- despite the fact we know we'll lose more than we win for the rest of the year.

But, in the essence of the topic, Hawthorn > Melbourne is unquestionable. Every single time the two team's contest in a battle of significance, Hawthorn has prevailed. Perhaps the only instance where a Melbourne supporter can boast about significantly beating Hawthorn, was when you knocked us out of the finals in 1990. Probably for the best that you did, too, 'cause 9 Grand Final's in a row would've been a bit greedy.

Obviously dwelling on the past is poor form, but, the thread is titled "Hawthorn > Melbourne", and so history is needed to show how clear this is. 1988 Grand Final, 1996 Merger Match, and more importantly, the merger vote, was won by Hawthorn. We set your club back with each victory. Add to that the fact that Jim Stynes handed Bucky a place in history in '87, and you're entitled to upgrade this thread to "Hawthorn >>> Melbourne".

We won't make the finals this year, no worries about that. We probably won't win tomorrow (although we're a big chance for an upset) either. But, at the end of the day, we'll still smile knowing that we'll get to play Melbourne again another time.

We love playing Melbourne, and we love the week leading up to it. We love the fact that everything significant that's happened between our club and your club has been won by us. Hawthorn > Melbourne - without a shadow of a doubt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn > Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back