Game Day Hawthorn PCM 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Felt like Moore with that lead and only 2 rounds left was gonna nab it!

Glad to see Newc get the chocolates, his last 6 or 7 games were as good a patch as anyone in the league had all year.
Yeah, Finals being part of the count definitely cost Moore, he was quiet in both and Newcombe would have top scored.

Less votes separating 3rd through 10th (and probably more) than there is 2nd and 3rd.

A very even spread reflecting a year where there were no passengers.
Does seem correct (to me at least) that the top 2 were true stand outs for us this year.

Probably missed too many games early on
He didn't get many coaches votes though.
Well done Newcombe, Moore and especially Impey. It's pleasing to see him finish so high, he had a great but unheralded season, he was a quiet achiever.

I'm surprised Scrimshaw was only 8th, he was a top five performer for the side this season IMO.
I agree but I notice both Scrim and Meek didn't acquire many coaches votes either so maybe there is something in that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weddle best Goal
Chol best mark
Wizard most promising
Scrimshaw most improved...again
Sicily most courageous
Moore lethal award
Frost clubman
Newcombe best finals
Gunston daddy

PCM
1.) Newcombe (155)
2.) Moore (146)
3.) Jars (119)
4.) Worpel (116)
5.) Hardwick (114)
6.) McDonald (113)
7.) Amon (110)
8.) Scrimshaw (108)
9.) Ginnivan (107)
10.) Mass (101)
Correct me if I’m wrong but not one of these cost hawthorn a first round pick.

Well done Newcombe, Moore and especially Impey. It's pleasing to see him finish so high, he had a great but unheralded season, he was a quiet achiever.

I'm surprised Scrimshaw was only 8th, he was a top five performer for the side this season IMO.
I was surprised about where Scrimshaw finished too but you need to look at it in the context of past seasons, 10th this season would have been equal 5th last season and our spread of contributors in terms of votes was the highest it's been since 2016 - a year where Josh Gibson finished 8th. Hard to be upset about that.

Happy to see Impey get a top three finish, he's one of my favourite Hawks and he's put in a mountain of work to get back to playing great footy again after that shocking ACL.

A couple of surprises for me in the order of the top ten, thought my man Scrimmers would have placed a bit higher and also surprised Meek didn't crack a top ten finish but really there were bugger all votes separating 3rd from 10th which is a good indicator of how even a team performance we had this year.

And of course congratulations to the Prince of Poowong Jai Newcombe, I'm betting this won't be his last PCM this beast of a man wins before his career is done 💪

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Hawthorn PCM 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back